long weekend break: discuss the latest here #114

Status
Not open for further replies.
Travis does not look happy in any of those pics, imo. He's giving her a UK bird in one, I believe. In others he looks unaware, startled, and then, of course, fearful.

This was not a "Happy to see you, Jodi", Travis, that I can see.

I agree he doesn't look happy in any of the pics, but nobody forced him to snap six photos of JA on his bed before he quickly replaced her on the bed--50 seconds after the last gynecological closeup--and posed for a pic. How would he even have heard of a UK bird? Two fingers up, in the US, is a peace sign. On the sex tape, he raved about her body and the "detail in your p***y," talked about all the shots he wanted to get in the planned photoshoot. Apparently the last photo he took was that closeup of JA's rear end. It's a guy thing. ;)

Both the Probable Cause Statement in the Indictment, and Detective Flores' report, state there were eight nude photographs during that early afternoon session [7 minutes 16 seconds total], six of JA, the first at 1340 hours on his bed, and two of TA immediately afterwards. The defense made two motions concerning the nude photos, in June and July of 2011, and, as a result, two nude photos of JA have been withheld.

I've changed my mind about the shower shoot. Previously I believed he was under duress the whole time. But I can't see how she would have displayed a weapon until he was safely cornered, or else he would have gotten away. Evidence shows he was getting ready to clean the downstairs tile floor. According to his roommate, the floor cleaner he'd purchased several weeks earlier hadn't been assembled, but when he returned home he found it assembled and left in the middle of the room, with furniture stacked on the sofa.

If she interrupted his floor cleaning to entice him to have sex in his office (as she claimed they had), then perhaps she got him upstairs to wash up and then persuaded him to pose for a photoshoot. We'll never know exactly how it went because JA's word can never be trusted even when/if she tells the truth.

ok serious question.
I am not sure if this is an April Fool's joke or not.

~I don't think it makes a difference in the case, but
is it true that Richard Samuels PhD website has been taken down?

I never saw it in the first place.

~anyone???

Interesting... It does seem to be down.

http://svpexpertwitness.com

Not to sound mean. I don't think it's appropriate to make April fools jokes of this case, no matter if it was about Samuels.
A man lost his life, we don't need more confusion than needed.
Just my humble opinion.
Don't want more confusion than needed.

I do not either.
That is why I said serious question.
It appears his website is gone.

Like I said I never saw the first one but I read comments here
from members that had visited it.

Went away to Vegas for a week, thinking I was going to miss Alice on direct, cross examination and jury questions, plus thought I'd miss the start of JM rebuttal case.

I can't believe that Alice is STILL on the stand, on direct. As far as I'm concerned, she has nothing to add to the case that can't be addressed in 2 days TOPS.... If I was a juror, I'd be purposely standing on the front steps eating ice cream and talking to reporters, just to get thrown off the jury. I can't even imagine how frustrated they are.

Also, I'm blown away at the coverage this trial is getting. At the airport on monday, I met a lady who was doing the same thing I was doing while waiting to board the plane, WATCHING the trial online on ustream. In Vegas, at one of the restaurants in Ballys', the local news came on and was updating on the days events in the court room, there was a table that requested to have the volume turned up. The majority of the restaurant went quiet while we sat and watched that whole thing go down. It was eerie. After the segment, some older gentleman shouted out loud, REST IN PEACE TRAVIS, justice is coming. Everyone started clapping.

Looking forward to getting this show back on the road. There better be a full week of court this week....

ok serious question.
I am not sure if this is an April Fool's joke or not.

~I don't think it makes a difference in the case, but
is it true that Richard Samuels PhD website has been taken down?

I never saw it in the first place.

~anyone???

Definitely not an April Fool's joke. The site is no longer available. I had visited there a couple of times while RS was testifying. The website promoted Dr. Samuels as an expert witness in criminal trials. JM's cross-examination took the wind out of RS' sail. Personally, I hope his career is over and that no one buys his latest book. :angel:

(deep breath)

Why is it people think she'd 'throw them under the bus' if others were involved???

Don't you see, she CAN'T.

If she were to say "Two other people killed him while I was there" that would imply, it was ALL staged!!!!

She simply can NOT say there was a plan to have him killed.

She could've left it as 'there were two intruders but, they let me go....' story but she knew that sounded outlandish!! And if they DID let her go then, why didn't she call police?

She is stuck every which way she tried to inject the 'intruders' because we all know, if there were intruders, they were there because Jodi beckoned them to be there!!!

That is the open and shut scenario of that.
So please stop saying Jodi would drop names in a heart beat. In this possible scenario (of other people being there) she can NOT. Not then. And not now unless she is willing to take the punishment of a lethal injection in her arm.

<mod snip>

My bold above.

She could have easily adapted her intruders story into a fog, though. She could take the most outlandish parts away with her PTSD Fog routine.

When the time came toward trial, the fog could clear enough to remember that it was MM who was one of the attackers.

He was there to attack Travis because [insert Jodiism here: he was insanely jealous of Travis; he had been molested as a boy and JA just told him about the masturbation scene; he was protecting JA from being abused and JA had no idea he'd show up, etc, etc].

If JA had an accomplice, I have no doubt that she would have formulated some strange story to use that fact. She uses everything she can think of.

The only way I'd buy an accomplice is if the accomplice held serious blackmail material on her, like a photo of her smiling while shooting Travis or something.

She did not appear to have very many female friends, except for Leslie Udie (sp?) who she had not known that long. I would think that would be because Jodi viewed them as competition and/or they could see right through her actions. jmo

Exactly and thus mostly male friends, mostly ex boyfriends and a few other male friends with money benefits.
Travis was a little classier than the ghetto ex boyfriends, jodie associated herself with.
bobby the vampire,daryl an older man with a child, (not marriage minded provided gas cans)) mm with his illegal guns (according to Jodie). Gus the trailer camp resident! (Provided her with a phone) The wealthy man, Jodie went to in desperation,( borrowed money ) stating she was desperate to get to Arizona to see travis.

No females all men.

There is zero evidence of an accomplice. No evidence. No accomplice. She did this alone.

Definitely not an April Fool's joke. The site is no longer available. I had visited there a couple of times while RS was testifying. The website promoted Dr. Samuels as an expert witness in criminal trials. JM's cross-examination took the wind out of RS' sail. Personally, I hope his career is over and that no one buys his latest book. :angel:

Thank you for clarifying (not April fools joke)
Hugs
:seeya:

I have to say that I think the public as a whole is becoming more aware that men can be abused as well as women. Last summer, my husband had a terrible accident. Tractor vs Man is never a good outcome. I was somewhat stunned when they asked me to leave the room so they could question him about our relationship - to be sure that I hadn't punctured his lung, broke his hip and hand and a couple of ribs! After I came back in, the advocate apologized, but said that she had to ask, it was part of her job description.

Thank you for sharing your experience. I understand and appreciate the need for medical personnel to report abuse and make efforts to prevent further injury by an individual who might be responsible, but I think the way that this is handled - at least in my experience - should not be patently accusatory. When I saw my podiatrist the following Tuesday, I told him how uncomfortable I felt while being questioned repeatedly about my ankle injury. I also expressed my displeasure with the process when I was asked to fill out a questionnaire from the hospital regarding my experience in the ER.

I missed the beginning of Jodie's trial. Ryan burns testified that he and Jodie had phone sex?
I think nurmi is spooky! Something off with him. I'm serious he skeers me.

Jumping in here without getting caught up on the threads. HLN is replaying early Testimony. Mimi,ME etc. Gosh it seems like eons ago these folk testified :seeya:

Exactly and thus mostly male friends, mostly ex boyfriends and a few other male friends with money benefits.
Travis was a little classier than the ghetto ex boyfriends, jodie associated herself with.
bobby the vampire,daryl an older man with a child, (not marriage minded provided gas cans)) mm with his illegal guns (according to Jodie). Gus the trailer camp resident! (Provided her with a phone) The wealthy man, Jodie went to in desperation,( borrowed money ) stating she was desperate to get to Arizona to see travis.

No females all men.

I don't think the man she supposedly borrowed money from was rich. He just knew her from a chat café. Apparently LE did not find his story credible and that could be her phone never tracked where he said he met her. Gus is the rich one. He claims he makes $100,000 before he gets out of bed in the morning. He obviously never used any of the money on retaining a good attorney. :floorlaugh:

I wonder why Juan sort of hinted at the assumption that MM was waiting on Jodi outside DB house? So do you think that Juan knows that MM was with Jodi when she went to visit DB? If so, why would MM need to accompany her on that trip? I just don't get it.

Me? I didn't catch the hint you are talking about.

Okay, I have wanted to ask so many times. Where is the evidence that she got into and hack this email, bank, on Facebook? not to be challenging, just want to understand and get up to speed with everyone else.

Sent from my SCH-S720C using Tapatalk 2

Marie Hall testified that Travis told her that. I think she is a very credible witness, so I believe it. The prosecution may have other evidence. It seems to not be contradicted anywhere that I know of. WSrs may know more.

A tweet from wildabouttrial what tomorrow begins with...

@valaxie No, court resumes tomorrow at 9:15. Grace Wong from InSession takes the stand about the Juan autograph incident.

I was re-watching the beginning of Ryan Burns testimony and I had forgotten that Jodi told him that she had to buy a phone cord from a gas station. Didn't she say it was "lost" under the seat?

We hear he is married now. Was he married at that time?

Sent from my SCH-S720C using Tapatalk 2

MM is married according to the messages he allegedly posted on the other no-no site. Was that corroborated elsewhere? IDK

I know nothing of DB's relationships except he was married once b4 he met JA.

If JA's testimony is to be believed :waitasec:, MM was living with a male roommate in Monterrey in 2008- so it seems unlikely that he was married

I don't think the man she supposedly borrowed money from was rich. He just knew her from a chat café. Apparently LE did not find his story credible and that could be her phone never tracked where he said he met her. Gus is the rich one. He claims he makes $100,000 before he gets out of bed in the morning. He obviously never used any of the money on retaining a good attorney. :floorlaugh:

I can't think of a nice way to phrase this to protect the poor peripheral players in this, so I'll just be blunt and apologize. I think the man may (MAY!) have a drinking problem? It's only speculation, so my apologies to the man if it's untrue!

He was a very regular at a bar at the place she worked. I don't know whether he was wealthy or not, but he was in a committed relationship and JA knew that. She would sit and talk to him about Travis while on her laptop (while working, lol!). She tried to show him pictures of Travis all night that night that she told him that she was going on a trip to confront Travis over infidelity.

He said he loaned her somewhere between $600-$800 (I forget the figure he gave). She did pay it back within a week or so, he said.

I won't detail why I think he may have a drinking problem (as speculation) other than that he was a bar regular, because it's rude to the man. But that could be a reason someone wouldn't make a great witness, imho.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member