long weekend break: discuss the latest here #114

Status
Not open for further replies.
What is ETA.........as it's not estimated time arrival........ty

I know this is a dumb question, and I'm sure it will get lost due to the new info about a mistrial, but I'm going to ask it anyway. Why do we believe that is Travis on the sex tape? It doesn't sound like the same person that we hear on the tapes where we see him. Travis didn't use drugs or alcohol, and it sounds like a man who is either drunk or on something powerful. I'm sure Juan wouldn't agree that it's Travis unless it was, but something is very strange about his speech on that sex tape. I'm sure this has been addressed before, but I'm late in getting here, and I may have missed it. Am I the only one that has a problem believing this is Travis?

Its Travis. Do you not think that if it wasn't his family/friends would have said that it wasn't? His family was there listening to the tape.

He wasn't drunk, it was middle of the night and he was tired. He fell asleep while on the phone.
No doubt it was Travis.

Why? They have alternates, yes? Don't they just dismiss that juror and go on from that?? No court but still having motions today?

Don't forget that Nurmi is getting paid hourly because he's contracted to the Public Defender's office on this one. He is NOT their employee, so he's not getting salary.

More motions = more court time = more billings = more money.

Iirc....this would be the 3rd or 4th motion for a mistrial...correct?

The motion for a mistrial for juror misconduct stemmed from the motion for mistrial for prosecutor misconduct!!! :banghead:

What about defense/defendant misconduct!!!

UGH!

O/T....in the cartoon version I see in my head....JM is a Honey Badger, KN is a Sloth, JW is a meercat and JA is a Shrike ......I wish I had better computer skills! I would love to throw together a storyboard :).

Couldn't find good cartoons fast but, here ya go! lol

AZvs JA.jpg

I know this is a dumb question, and I'm sure it will get lost due to the new info about a mistrial, but I'm going to ask it anyway. Why do we believe that is Travis on the sex tape? It doesn't sound like the same person that we hear on the tapes where we see him. Travis didn't use drugs or alcohol, and it sounds like a man who is either drunk or on something powerful. I'm sure Juan wouldn't agree that it's Travis unless it was, but something is very strange about his speech on that sex tape. I'm sure this has been addressed before, but I'm late in getting here, and I may have missed it. Am I the only one that has a problem believing this is Travis?

His family also believed it was Travis--his side of the conversation was digitally enhanced so it was audible. He is yawning and tired and half-asleep at the end. HTH. The entire recording was played, so both sides believe it's Travis.

No dumb questions, DT brought in a voice expert who laid the foundation that it was TA's voice if I remember correctly.

My mind is full of things she could have said. I keep thinking of Chris Hughes calling Nurmi a snake. My mind keeps going to her saying something about him that he didn't like! :giggle:

The motion for a mistrial for juror misconduct stemmed from the motion for mistrial for prosecutor misconduct!!! :banghead:

What about defense/defendant misconduct!!!

UGH!

Ah, really? That's interesting.

That's what I'm worried about. If a juror heard it and thinks Jodi is innocent, they may want her off the jury.
Or...there's a juror who takes their job seriously and just stated what they had seen/heard. From what was said on HLN, the judge could simply ask the other jurors if they could ignore what was said and come to their own conclusions regardless.

Well, its all really speculative. We cannot know for certain, the info was just released.
LOL! and my source is my husband who texted me what they said on HLN!!!

Here is the actual document that states she spoke to other jurors:http://media2.abc15.com/html/pdf/AriasJuror.pdf

let me just say it ENRAGES me they get dessert and luxuries in jail. No I've never been there but wtf, jail is supposed to SUCK! no one serves me cookies.......sheesh

Personally, I just think he just sounded tired. These calls were practically in the middle of the night. IIRC, he fell asleep at the end.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ddph