trial day 40: the defense continues its case in chief #119

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was it given out how many times ALV has testified in court?

I am not confident Alyce will grace us with her presence today. I suppose that means court will not be held if that's the case.

I have been so zoned out by ALV that I don't even really listen to anything she says. I'm just waiting for JM to get ahold of her. What's that all about?

Same here Steely .. In my mind everything she has to say
Comes from a proven liar , psychotic , evil ,manipulative
Jodi .... Therefore i disregard her testimony.
It is based on the words of a liar jmo

You've made a very interesting observation here. I thought during the "doc's" testimony, he seemed very arrogant, and unaware of how badly he came across on the stand.

I opined at the time he may be narcissistic. Now, I find myself wondering about ALV.

The DT apparently had to look a long time to find someone willing to agree with and assert their ridiculous claims of PTSD and DV under oath. What kind of ego does that take - to believe they can "sell" this completely inane defense? One similar to JA's?

But their deceit is very transparent to me, and their defense of JA's brutality is beyond reprehensible. I hope they are sanctioned by their "peers". moo

Agreed, but as she muddles through all this, JM is taking notes and this will only throw the defense off in the long run. I missed some yesterday, but two key contradictions to testimony so far are:

1. JA testified she went along with TA's waking her up to having 'true sex.' She told ALV she stopped him. Why ever lie about this? She can't keep her lies straight still. Problem is this brings everything she told ALV under an even bigger cloud of doubt about everything, which helps everyone get past the point of reasonable doubt (just in case any jurors are straddling the fence).

2. JA testified she did not know about the Hoover Dam checkpoints. That her cleaning up and disposing of evidence prior to the checkpoint was a coincidence. However, ALV testified yesterday that JA went to Las Vegas back and forth from Mesa. Well, to do that, in 2008, one would travel US-93, which at that time had checkpoints, in both directions.

So let the drivel continue, it's really helping seal the deal IMO. And the jury may need some of these additional morsels so they don't come back as a hung jury. The contradictions will give talking points to those strongly in favor of Murder One, and give those that really are torn about it, more facts to move their opinion from point A to point B.

I know it's torturous, I find my eyes rolling in my head about every other sentence, but good for the State's case, and will make JM's cross well worth the wait :rocker:

This all said, if HLN plays the headstand video one more time...OMG :banghead:

She's been trying for four and a half years to educate us.

St. Jodi of Arias, as she sees herself, needs the jury to believe that she did Travis a favor.

She sacrificed herself out of her love for him and their families.

I know, I know. That makes no sense to you and me.

But we're not as smart as the lying, narcissistic, torture-murderess, you see.

The images of little underwear boys who float to the floor "in that chaotic pattern that paper falls" are safe now, thanks to St. Jodi of Arias.

Paper that falls like this:

http://stupidevilbastard.com/2004/11/physicists_figure_out_why_paper_falls_the_way_it_does/

As Wang explains, “Leaves and paper fall and rise in a seeming chaotic manner. As they fall, air swirls up around their edges, which makes them flutter and tumble. Because the flow changes dramatically around the sharp edges of leaves and paper, known as flow singularity, it makes the prediction of the falling trajectory a challenge.”

Hope I don't offend anyone here, but I think that part of the reason Travis put up with JA for so long in any capacity was due to his experience with his parents and their drug addictions. He was used to that kind of unpredictable behavior; it was familiar and almost ingrained in him from childhood experience. I see the pattern in the relationship accommodating the volatile behavior of JA, not an abusive relationship with TA as an abuser.

No offense here...I think along the same line. In a way I thought maybe he felt somewhat guilty persuading her to become a Mormon. I had a friend who talked another into becoming a Catholic. Then their friendship turned sour and not good for them but she had a hard time not having the guilt from her changing her religion over and still couldn't totally get her out of her and her families life. But thank god she found the light and now lot less drama.

Last night I watched Law & Order SVU, the title of it was "Born Psychopath" and it was a fascinating picture into the world of a family with a psychopathic child. One can only imagine what JA's parents went through with her. :what::what:

As I was watching the show I was wondering how many jurors were watching and relating the little boy to Jodi. The thing is, if Jodi is a "natural born killer" like the little boy in the show, wouldn't "insanity" have been a better defense?:twocents:

"Jodi had a lot of, a lot of, plans for her future. How could she mess it up, and do somethin' that you said she did?"

Even with Sandy Arias, it was all about St. Jodi of Arias.

Never a single thought about the man who was stabbed, sliced, slashed and shot, and then left by her daughter to rot in a shower stall.

Let's be a little fair here.

If detectives were questioning you about your child who committed a planned and brutal murder, would your first statements be fit for public scrutiny?

You can't say "never a single thought" about Travis, you don't know what they have personally gone though. I bet until they saw the autopsy photos in court the death was mroe of an abstract comcept, they haven't had time to process what actually happened.

I'm a parent and the guilt one would carry if thier child did something like this would be overwhelming. My guilt would be very personal, very internal and you'd be making the same kind of statment about me and they wouldn't be true.

You may not like them or how they came off, but you do not know what they are feeling or thinking. just sayin

I'm betting a strong colour. Today is their last real shot (hopefully) of making an impact on the jurors so they want to get a message across. After this they only have recross and then cross to JM's rebuttal. They'll also be talking about June 04.

Was it given out how many times ALV has testified in court?

If you look at her CV on her website - she has testified in dozens of court cases. This ain't her first rodeo, so why all the nerves? Hmmm???? I don't think it's all due to the fear of Juan.

I don't think it's fair to judge a parent for being preoccupied with their own child.

I understand that, as I would be, too. But I would have expressed concern about Travis and his family after such an horrible murder was committed. Especially if I thought my child could have done it.

Looking forward to ALV's answer when JM asks her how long and how well she knew Travis!

Not sure I get which fence you're on, but trying to. Are you saying the parents shouldn't have intervened or would have made no impact had they did?

As the daughter of a mother who stepped in, took the reigns and risked severing her relationship with me in order to stage my intervention as an adult addicted to drinking - I can promise you that had she not intervened I very like would have killed someone, myself, my child or someone else. My beautiful (and sometimes impossible) mother changed the entire course of history through her courageous actions despite the contempt I showed her at the time. I owe my life to her and a great many other people do too, as I was surely destructive and a loose cannon. I think there is NEVER a time when a parent stops making an impact on their child-even and adult child if they persevere.

Good for you on getting sober!! I know that road is rough (been there with my sister, the intervention and everything). Be very proud of yourself. :)

18 - and many of her past cases were also DP cases.
Her experience in court doesn't really show, though.

Thanks.
18 is not all that many--over several decades too. Must be experts who have testified hundreds, maybe even thousands of times.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roseashley592