trial day 48: REBUTTAL #145

Status
Not open for further replies.
MS Kelly ‏@deserteptx 34s

#JodiArias writes in her journal "there was nothing noteworthy in the testimony today". Can't wait to hear the rest.
Expand

Over 30 years ago I had an IQ test and it was something like 135. A few years later, after my son, I was tested again and it was about 130. I figured having kids lowered my IQ. I have 5 kids now and I am sure my IQ would show me to be a blithering idiot.
Really, I wouldn't even want to test my IQ now. My memory is so poor that I know I wouldn't do well.

Ditto! mine has gone down since having kids...the do tend to make you (me) a blithering idiot. My memory is gone also :(

How can I find out what my IQ is? Is there an online test? Curious. I hope I am smarter than Jodi.

Im waiting for Nurmi to file another mistrial on the grounds that the rebuttal witness is making them look bad

I'm 5 2. Shortie I am. :(

Well you are TALLER than me by 1 quarter of an inch. I never quite made it to 5 ft 2. The best i could do is 5 ft 1 and 3/4 of an inch. i taught 2nd graders who were taller than me.

What a great session this morning was. Crisp, concise, logical, clear. Thinking happy thoughts.

They key will be if she answers yes or no during cross. That's the fair comparison. I think she will. I pray she does! Experts aren't supposed to be advocates - they are supposed to trust the attorney to make the necessary points and clear up any confusion. The fact that both defense experts couldn't do that shows how biased they are.

I think she definitely will. She is speaking the truth - with that, you don't need to cover it up with the frivolous.

Lol, similar situation here. All my siblings, and there were many, were smarter and older than me, except my half brother who is 10 years younger, and 10 points higher. I guess that makes me the runt.

I don't know about you, Arishia, but it actually taught me a lot. I really admire smart people. I wish I could be like them. But over the years, I have seen them do some phenomenally stupid things. IQ ain't everything.

jd:
10 clinical scales
65 is the threshold when significant in that domain
found 7 of the 10 scales above 65, which is unusual
a lot of personality indicators, signs of pyschopathology present
she then examined the top 2 or 3 to give meaningful personality characteristics
these top 3 occur in people who exhibit a lof of hostility, agressiveness, defensiveness
these people do a good job on day to day basis on not displaying it to people
not walking around visibly hostile, throwing things, but still experiencing the emotions inside
when feel wronged or hurt, have violent outbursts, seething, very angry
externalize blame, say that i acted out because that person deserved it
say it's not my fault, not because i have these strong emotions inside, it's because someone did something to me
that's how they are able to conceptualize it and justify it in their mind
noon recess

Yes they do have their problems. If I had a child in school now, I would never let them be tested. They would be ill those days.

I don't think we should be painting folks with such a broad brush. IQ testing has it's place. That doesn't mean your child has to know the result, and, in fact, protocol doesn't allow the release of that score except in specific circumstances.

Over 30 years ago I had an IQ test and it was something like 135. A few years later, after my son, I was tested again and it was about 130. I figured having kids lowered my IQ. I have 5 kids now and I am sure my IQ would show me to be a blithering idiot.
Really, I wouldn't even want to test my IQ now. My memory is so poor that I know I wouldn't do well.

Ditto! mine has gone down since having kids...they do tend to make you (me) a blithering idiot. My memory is gone also :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deluhg01