NY NY - Sylvia Lwowski, 22, Staten Island, 6 Sept 1975 - #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
It would be a progressively positive idea to begin a petitiopn of sorts - a list of names ( or aliases) built and designed to illustrate to the recipient that there's a pool of people who are interested in gaining a bit more info about what happened to Ms. Sylvia Lwowski. I love history - back in academia - some of my highest grades fell within that realm - history. - I do not recall the 70's being the decade when a ten year prohibition on conducting le investigations took place - nor do i recall it being a time when making people dissappear , hurting someone (POSSIBLE end result - common sense) was 'not a big deal.' Everything about this case - across the board - "not a big deal.:" Well, it is now... and someone has to answer. Remember the three different stories about the red light, the stop sign and traffic? I MEAN, LIKE, ARE YOU SERIOUS?!?!?! no! UNACCEPTABLE.

I re-introduce you to: Serpico
:
On May 3, 1971, New York Metro Magazine published an article about Serpico titled "Portrait of an Honest Cop". On May 10, 1971, Serpico testified at the departmental trial of an NYPD lieutenant who was accused of taking bribes from gamblers.

Ever see American Gangster? Josh Brolin played one of his best parts ever - as Trupo the dirty cop - they film was baded upon the real life story of Frank Lucas, It wasnt a fantasy.

The Knapp Commission was a committee of five citizens established and impanelled by then-New York City Mayor John Lindsay in 1972 that endeavored to investigate corrupt activities of police officers, detectives, and supervisors working in the New York Police Department (NYPD). Mayor Lindsay was pressured to investigate corruption in the NYPD after a series of articles that appeared in local newspapers detailed a wide breadth of corrupt activities of officers throughout the NYPD. The first article in the series was written by a reporter named David Burnham and the article appeared in the New York Times. The impetus and primary sources of information for Burnham’s article were two NYPD police officers, Frank Serpico and David Durk.

We all know that OVERTIME is the key word in LE. Am I driven by the desire to secure justice? or by OVERTIME... there is a difference.

I am sorry for being curt - just frustrated.

WIshinf everyone kind and pleasant moments,,, please let me know if you think asking Tricia if she could mention a petition on her radio show would be a good idea. I've written so many people. I am sure I can get them to join, too (cough - I hope).

YOur greatests admirer,

The Gajonka

I assume you mean sending a petition to the current police department, yes?

Here's my list. GUESSES ONLY. (I'm just thinking of what would make two people get so mad that one throw's her glasses at the dash and takes off. Supposedly....)

1. He found out she was still talking to, or seeing her old military boyfriend
2. He found out she had once been pregnant by her old military boyfriend
3. She was pregnant again and he didn't want her to keep the baby
4. She found out he was seeing someone else
5. She or he called off the wedding

Again, just guesses. I have nothing to base this on. I have, however, seen cases where a woman trys to break off a relationship with a man and ends up dead. "If I can't have you, no one will!"
Not saying this is the case here, just pondering all the possibilities of why they were fighting.

WOW --- You are good... another Mega-Sleuth has arrived... welcome - and thank you for your valuable thoughts... (smile). I love #4/5 - new. neve thought...

Please forgive me if this has been mentioned, but bf/f's name is now listed on Charley Project. Obviously WS TOS still stand, just putting it out there in case anyone's interested.

Please forgive me if this has been mentioned, but bf/f's name is now listed on Charley Project. Obviously WS TOS still stand, just putting it out there in case anyone's interested.

Wow-BF/F is not going to like that-especially if, or more likely when, this story starts getting some traction!

The Charley project also states that the glasses were found, broken, in his car-this answers a couple of our questions-where did they get that information?

Holy crap!!

The Charley project also states that the glasses were found, broken, in his car-this answers a couple of our questions-where did they get that information?

Yes, this is new information
I do wonder who their source is

Hi, Truman. Thanks for that! I'm surprised too to see a meatier description and curious about the source. Here's a link for anyone who doesn't know the CP.

Holy crap!!

I know! How did this happen? Did they get that from the police who finally said what he told them in 1975 (if they questioned him), or is this really brand-new? Wait-it can't be new (to the police)-if they never questioned him in 1975, there would be no reason to volunteer that her glasses were broken, and found in his car, if the police never searched it at the time. :notgood:

I know! How did this happen? Did they get that from the police who finally said what he told them in 1975 (if they questioned him), or is this really brand-new? Wait-it can't be new (to the police)-if they never questioned him in 1975, there would be no reason to volunteer that her glasses were broken, and found in his car, if the police never searched it at the time. :notgood:

Since there aren't any new sources listed, I'm guessing it's from one of the Pennsylvania newspapers that we weren't able to find.

What was the date ASW gave for that reward? Maybe a new article has surfaced somewhere because of that? It might be on a subscription only site or something.

One would expect such info to be updated first on NamUs which lists 3 LE Contacts, a NamUs Case Mgr and a NamUs Regional Administrator:

https://www.findthemissing.org/cases/7574/157

Re The Charley Project:

snipped

The Charley Project...It does not actively investigate cases; it is merely a publicity vehicle for missing people who are often neglected by the press and forgotten all too soon.

http://www.charleyproject.org/index.html

My bet is ASWDH ... couldn't he have updated it as what appears to be a "lead" VI? (I'm remembering that he said he was the one who posted her info on classmates.)

With the help of many key friends and family of Ms. Sylvia Lwowski - one absolute theme must be hammered home and stacked up as high as possible. The fact thet that BF/F acted like a careless, disrespectful, cold, heedless, mindless, rash, inconsiderate,lax, neglectful, negligent, thoughtless, absent-minded, forgetful, care-free, negligent (yes second use), cold, hostile (over the phone ) , lacking in friendliness or warmth of feeling, indifferent CLOSELY ASSOCIATED individual to this event - means alot -speaks bloody volumes -- it crushed Syvlia;s parents. - CRUSHED them. Could you imagine... bf could at least played the part - but to employ a run away scheme - which fooled many in the '70's - and to act in the manner evidenced... well - I say we petition up and give Sylviua something to smile about.

Wave III -- RRRRRRRRiiiiiisssseee!!!!!
The G

ps - sorry for the D- grammar, mechanics - I am having contact lens issues and need to type fast because I get timed out.

Who are you asking posters to petition up to/for/against?

My bet is ASWDH ... couldn't he have updated it as what appears to be a "lead" VI? (I'm remembering that he said he was the one who posted her info on classmates.)

It could be him, but that would mean he chose not to tell us about the glasses when we asked-it could be, but I wonder...

It could be him, but that would mean he chose not to tell us about the glasses when we asked-it could be, but I wonder...

Or is perhaps just managing his time as best he can? It's possible our questions about the glasses could have motivated the clarification. Of course, I don't know either. Just my guess.

Or is perhaps just managing his time as best he can? It's possible our questions about the glasses could have motivated the clarification. Of course, I don't know either. Just my guess.

Yes, could be

I'm happy to see that the Charley Project page was updated, and would be willing to sign any petition, to show how many people care about Sylvia's story. Her case shouldn't even be a "cold case", as it seems that it was never given a proper investigation in the first place! :banghead: Let's make this year the year that she gets the justice she deserves. :rose:

IMO - Setting up a dedicated Facebook page for Sylvia that lists Wagner, her Sororities, HS, Namus, Charlie Project links (and lists her Facebook link on all the aforementioned sites) could give her story and cause more of a virtual place, a hub for people to post thoughts, memories, or tips?.

According to linked info below, apparently social media has become a very powerful modern tool for assisting in investigations, too.

The Cold Case Squad website has some interesting information. They also mention the effectiveness of timed publicity such as around the anniversary of a disappearance.

Request a Cold Case to be Reexamined
“…Cold case investigations are extremely difficult to solve - there are good reasons why the case is cold to begin with. I am frequently asked what can I do? Besides remaining patient, the family member has tools available to them that didn’t exist a few short years ago. Social media sites can play an integral part in helping detectives with the case. Recently, a case in Nassau County, New York, spurred new investigative leads after a posting on the victim’s Facebook page. Whatever type of venue that is chosen for the memorial page, it must have the capability for visitors to post comments.”

http://coldcasesquad.blogspot.com/2010/12/how-to-request-cold-case-to-be.html

Bing Maps and Law Enforcement: BFFs
“…Remember, it is not only bad guys that we are looking for when we use the social media canvass. We can identify eye and ear witnesses and obtain intelligence information that may prove or disprove alibis.”

http://connectedcops.net/2012/05/31/bing-maps-law-enforcement-bffs/

holy crap!!

ditto!

In 10 more days SL turns 60. Praying for someone out there to do the right thing. Any additional information could help solve this VERY COLD case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bekakay420