Trial day 53: REBUTTAL; #162

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wish RS would explain how JA thought to lock TA's bedroom door when she left after slaughtering him, and delete only evidence pics from that camera, all while being in a fog.

How does that work??

That girl knew exactly what she was doing in my opinion. I believe she was never in a fog. But you are right, I wonder how RS would explain it.

I always thought the receipt for the car where it noted that it had a smokey smell in it was the checklist BEFORE the car is driven off the lot.
If it was the checklist after the car was returned, wouldn’t it have been noted that the floormats were no longer in the car?

IIRC The agent had to give a reason for JA refusing the red car and he checked smoke smell.

AND, when the white rental was returned he noted it smelled of smoke, the mats were missing and there were Kool-aid like stains.

I agree. Do you think they'd be all 100% phony, because she knew they might be seized? Or would she have been honest (well, as honest as JA can be) with her feelings?

Full of baloney - but I do think the dates might be interesting.

I still think the knife was a hunting knife. I have really good kitchen knives, and I keep them sharp. And I have to struggle to cut up a chicken. In my common experience, kitchen knives would make inflicting the kind of injuries JA inflicted on TA extremely difficult. I have to deduce she brought along a hunting knife. More premeditation.

Darlie Routier stabbed her kids with a kitchen knife though and did a fine job :)what:), one stab went all the way through his chest and to the floor. So maybe it just depends on the knife.

I still think the knife was a hunting knife. I have really good kitchen knives, and I keep them sharp. And I have to struggle to cut up a chicken. In my common experience, kitchen knives would make inflicting the kind of injuries JA inflicted on TA extremely difficult. I have to deduce she brought along a hunting knife. More premeditation.

Oh you're so right. My kitchen knives are VERY DULL. I don't believe for one second that she used Travis's knife from his kitchen...she would never have taken the chance that it wouldn't be sharp enough. She probably had a couple she had used before for killing/torturing animals.

It really doesn't make sense to me that JA shot Travis, gun jammed and then she ran downstairs to get a knife to finish him off. Where was the time for that? Add to that the testimony of the M.E. and the autopsy/crime scene evidence. It's clear that Travis was shot last. I agree, though, that it's not crucial to agree on which came first. Both = premeditation.

I think it's more important for the jurors to realize that Travis did not have a gun. JA brought the 'stolen' gun to Travis' house that day. That's much more important as it goes to show that murder was on her mind back in May.

We had so many theories about Matt and this and that. JM didn't focus on any of that during rebuttal. While it may intellectually stimulating to go through all possibilities and scenarios this case is actually clear-cut. JM will present an astonishingly simple closing argument. This jury will appreciate that.

JODI ARIAS TRIAL FUNNY TWEETS

[video=youtube;mUhcTWvANI8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mUhcTWvANI8[/video]

I didn't get that the OP wanted "entertainment and amusement".

After the FCA and Pinellas 12 debacle, it's a very real fear that another murderer might get away with it.

While most believe she will be convicted of 1st Degree with at least LWOP, it's always at the back of my mind that she could walk free, now or in a few years. I don't see it happening, but I didn't think FCA would walk either. And I remember a lot of confident posts about how her conviction was a guarantee.

There's so much the jury hasn't seen. It's just worrying and frustrating.

All you need is one that doesnt understand "reasonable" doubt. I think these jurors are on the ball here by the questions they ask. They dont seem in a hurry and want all the facts they can get. I wont even comment on Pinellas jurors because Im hoping they were all a breed of their own. This seems to be an intelligent jury. Im trusting they make the right decision. I do agree though, after the CA verdict anything is possible. I sure never saw CA walking free on everything except lying.

I want to see the 19 unauthorized pictures!

I did find the restrictions at this link. MOD's if it is not supposed to be posted I will delete.

http://www.mcso.org/About/FAQ/Default.aspx

Photographs
• NO POLAROID PICTURES
• Up to five photographs may be mailed to the jail (or dropped off in the visitation lobby)
provided the envelope is clearly marked “PHOTOGRAPHS.”
• Photographs may NOT be larger than four inches by six inches.
• The inmate name and booking number must be written on the back of each photograph.
Nothing else is to be written on the photographs.
• Photographs must be unaltered, and may not contain any adhesives, such as stickers or
labels.

So, fwiw, it could be simply they were too large to be kept.
K

Thanks for the suggestion!! Been feeling a little lost since court ended yesterday and was unsure of what to do with myself till Wednesday. Walking around in a fog... no direction... visiting threads I haven't visited in months... my brain is scrambled (and it's my fog but thanks for helping me to get out). I can't comprehend this, this, what is it? Life?? Life to be lived without the trial? Huh?
Maybe I shall go all out and take this break to get a cosmetic approach to my pelvic region.

I have to confess that I don't even want to go the sidebar thread. I want to focus on this case only. I might check out the other thread once the verdict is in.

I am in need of help, huh? I know, I know!

Thanks for the suggestion!! Been feeling a little lost since court ended yesterday and was unsure of what to do with myself till Wednesday. Walking around in a fog... no direction... visiting threads I haven't visited in months... my brain is scrambled (and it's my fog but thanks for helping me to get out). I can't comprehend this, this, what is it? Life?? Life to be lived without the trial? Huh?

Maybe I shall go all out and take this break to get a cosmetic approach to my pelvic region.

Lol! Thanks for the info!

It really doesn't make sense to me that JA shot Travis, gun jammed and then she ran downstairs to get a knife to finish him off. Where was the time for that? Add to that the testimony of the M.E. and the autopsy/crime scene evidence. It's clear that Travis was shot last. I agree, though, that it's not crucial to agree on which came first. Both = premeditation.

I think it's more important for the jurors to realize that Travis did not have a gun. JA brought the 'stolen' gun to Travis' house that day. That's much more important as it goes to show that murder was on her mind back in May.

We had so many theories about Matt and this and that. JM didn't focus on any of that during rebuttal. While it may intellectually stimulating to go through all possibilities and scenarios this case is actually clear-cut. JM will present an astonishingly simple closing argument. This jury will appreciate that.

My husband doesn't follow this case all, so I wanted to get an 'outside' opinion. I told him what the ME said about the gun shot being last, why he believed that, etc.

I said, "Would you believe the ME or question whether or not he was right?"

He said, "Why would I question a ME??"

Egg-zactly!

I agree she didn't have time to go get a knife. I think she had a hunting knife in her pocket while she took the pictures. I think she fully intended to get up close and perssonal while she killed him. I do think she wanted to shoot him first and the gun still had the safety on. But it is just a theory. It was obviously premeditated regardless of her intended order of attack.

I agree. The ME says that he was alive with the neck wound. So that is it for me. The shot was last. I don't really care where the shot is.. But the fact that he was alive when his throat was slit, That to me is no way self defense. That is torture and I hope that gets her the DP in penalty phase.

Does everyone agree that Jodi would have killed Travis no matter what..even if Travis said yes I will take you to Cancun....

IMHO There is too much evidence that shows premeditation to kill him.... It was her plan right from the start right after he sent that text how he was on to her.

It's slow in there right now. But there are lots of tunes already posted, so plenty of opportunity to comment or add your own faves. I suspect it will get rowdier later. Bring Doritos.

What do you think will be jodis reaction when the verdict comes in for first degree?

I don't even want to think about it because I thought the same thing with FCA and we all know how that turned out. The only thing that got me through that trial was the hope that I'd get to see her face when the jury found her guilty and her world ended. Now she's sunbathing and vlogging on an island somewhere (not really, don't know or care where she is.)
If JA isn't found guilty of 1st degree I think this is it for me following these cases. I am way too emotionally invested!

I would sure like to see her journals after she was arrested, the jailhouse journals. I have this feeling there are mentions to pedophilia and DV, particularly, those dated after her first meetings with Samuels and LaViolette. Just think it would be interesting to see the changes in her thoughts with respect to the progress of events once jailed. Law of Attraction was most likely tossed quickly...

Sometime between January and May 28 of 2008 JA traded in The Law of Attraction for The Law of Distraction.

This enabled her to surprise and murder Travis, attempting alibis and cover-ups in the 'blowback'.

Then, on July 15, 2011, exactly three years to the day following her arrest, JA then swapped out The Law of Distraction, replacing it with The Law of Destruction.

Her defense would be to destroy Travis Alexander yet again, trashing his character and reputation, while inflicting the maximum possible mental and emotional cruelty upon his surviving family and friends, most of whom by this time had utterly rejected her.

Here is the legal document ":deal: in which she memorialized these threats which she has continued to make good on throughout this trial: http://grahamwinch.files.wordpress.com/2013/01/jodiariasngfile.pdf

:stormingmad::maddening::notgood::mad::furious:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member