Trial day 53: REBUTTAL; #162

Status
Not open for further replies.
The reason they had no proof, of course, is because TA was not a pedophile.

JA had the forged letters, and when they were :denied: all that was left to prove TA's pedophilia to the jury was the testiphony of a self-proclaimed and exposed pathological liar.

I would sure like to see her journals after she was arrested, the jailhouse journals. I have this feeling there are mentions to pedophilia and DV, particularly, those dated after her first meetings with Samuels and LaViolette. Just think it would be interesting to see the changes in her thoughts with respect to the progress of events once jailed. Law of Attraction was most likely tossed quickly...

My mom and one of my co-workers are the only ones I know following this case. My daughter asks me for updates once in a while, but no one else I know keeps up with it daily like I do. I usualy get my updates from you great sleuthers. Today I received the following email from my co-worker. She said she heard it mentioned briefly on HLN. I have never heard this or read it anywhere.

email from my co-worker:
I am just now hearing about Jodi, sometime before she was arrested, with a different rental car containing a box of books with a knife, elsewhere a gun, and a bullet in her suitcase.

You're lucky. I have NO ONE in my real life who cares about this trial. My son will ask questions every once in awhile as will one of my best friends. But I know they're only doing it to be nice. I don't even feel like answering because I know they don't really care what I'm going to say.

I wish so badly someone else was following it. I looove coming here and would go nuts without all of you, but it would be nice to be able to talk about it every once in awhile using my voice and not my hands. :)

Yes, since the letters were already shown to be forgery's how can the DT just throw out the pedophillia claims KNOWING the letters were in fact FAKE?

That whole thing makes me smh.

K

I think because Jodi has given them nothing else to work with. They can tell her the story is stupid and makes no sense. They can suggest she consider a different path, but at the end of the day if this is her story and she insists on sticking to it, they have to go with it. If their court room behavior wasn't so deplorable, I would feel sorry for the DT. She has to be frustrating to work with. :banghead:

I would sure like to see her journals after she was arrested, the jailhouse journals. I have this feeling there are mentions to pedophilia and DV, particularly, those dated after her first meetings with Samuels and LaViolette. Just think it would be interesting to see the changes in her thoughts with respect to the progress of events once jailed. Law of Attraction was most likely tossed quickly...

I agree. Do you think they'd be all 100% phony, because she knew they might be seized? Or would she have been honest (well, as honest as JA can be) with her feelings?

I'm going just slightly unnerved by the opinions that express disbelief regarding stabbing or shooting first. Why bring the gun, why search for knife, why, why, why?

First of all, the evidence is overwhelming. Jodi went there to kill Travis. As a women who was going to kill him, does anyone really believe that she didn't have several scenarios in her mind? The fact that the ceiling photo was taken from a height of approx foot feet from the ground suggests to me that she didn't drop the camera until after she went in for the first check stab wound. I think she intended to use a combination of knife and gun, gun being so loud that it would have been a last resort. Jodi is so sick and twisted, I think she was berating him the entire time she was stabbing him and TA was in shock at what was happening. FACTS and EVIDENCE are so supportive of the fact that stabbed him in the shower first, regardless of the crap coming out of JA's fairy tale. Anyway, off to work and a rest of all of this tragedy.

Good Morning..

O/T but the Woman Lindsey Lowe who was convicted for murdering her new born twins in Tenn. is being sentenced this morning. I have posted on her thread.. if you have watched this.. you can see the hearing live this morning here...

http://www.wsmv.com/category/213709/news-live-stream

Here is her thread here: http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=201934&highlight=Lindsey+Lowe&page=2

Justice once again!!

Justice for Travis is coming!!!!

Oh My, while listening to this Doctor speaking of her "mental state" on trying to keep her from getting total life which is the law.

IT SO REMINDS ME of what We might expect at the sentencing phase for JA.
Oh I can just here it now!!!

I do not like the DP, but for JA -- I want it for her crime!!

I do not believe in any LWOP -- as I HAVE said it her before, IF SHE does not get the DP. Then she should get LWOPPPPATS

L - life
W - with
O - out
P - parole
P - PENS
P - PAPER
p - PENCILS
A - ART
T - TWITTER &
S - SEX OF ANY SORT!!

She should never be allowed to have any of the following for the rest of her life. I have heard/read too many thinks about inmates in prison THAT take Classes (legal classes included), cooking classes, watch TV, play card games, laugh, make jail friends, seeing the sunlight, breathing the fresh air playing sports outside in the Prison yard, and even where they can have sex in Jail.

To me...............PRISON SHOULD be losing rights!! :moo:

If your there for LIFE Penalty...life should be tough!! :moo:

As TA will never get to experience any of these things, so WHY should JA in Prison. She should never be allowed any of those things. If no DP, then lock her up in a cell for 22 hours in a 24 hours day. Let her think of her crime.

Maybe then the FOG WILL LIFT!!

So IMHO, that is why I wish for the DP. Prison mighT be too Good for her, and PLUS she still cost the system $$$$. She does not deserve that

An Eye for an Eye!!!!

:moo::moo:

EXACTLY. I believe that most of the jury will have the same view of regular jail that we do, and see it's not fit for someone like Jodi. But then again I'm sure they'll go with whatever the jury instructions say, so maybe that won't matter in their minds.
I WISH WISH WISH they knew about her selling her "art" throughout the whole trial. I wish they knew that while they've stopped their lives to hear her side of the story, are so attentive and taking notes, not one has called in sick EVER...poor Poquito came many days with a bad cough if I'm not mistaken per KCL's notes...ALL THIS TIME SHE HAS BEEN DRAWING HER "ARTWORK" to make money off of killing Travis. I"m interested what the jurors will say about the information they receive about her AFTER they are let out into the real world.

Plus he will be having a court date himself coming up. The Judge would not want to stop the trial again for one person. This is why there are alternates. All three juror's could have been potential alternates. We just do not know, nor do they.

Exactly, which is why the freak out when a juror is excused kind of puzzles me. There's no guarantee any one of the 3 who have been excused would have been in deliberations anyway. It's luck of the draw. Now, if we get down to one alternate, then I might freak out a little.

Originally Posted by Summerfun
I am only going to say this one more time. Stealing the gun and shooting him is premeditated. Stabbing him first does not work with that the premeditation theory.
Au Contraire! Premeditation can be formed in mere seconds or even in one second. The moment you engage in an action that you know will end someone's life AND you continue with that action, thus ending someone's life, that proves premeditation. Take strangulation as one example. It takes up to 3 or 4 minutes to strangle someone to death (brain death). In that time if you immediately stop the person's life won't end.

Same with stabbing. UNLESS it's self defense killing, which this in no way resembled.

People get very confused by the legal concept of premeditation. There's also preplanning, which is not a legal requirement to prove, but when it does exist and can be shown it's very, very effective to seal the deal for premeditation.

In the Arias case both were shown and proved. Preplanning (which was not required for the state to prove but they did) AND premeditation (which is required to get a first degree murder conviction).

I wish RS would explain how JA thought to lock TA's bedroom door when she left after slaughtering him, and delete only evidence pics from that camera, all while being in a fog.

How does that work??

A scathingly brilliant good morrow to all, sleuthers! Say, chaps, did you know there is a serious party going on over in the Sidebar Thread? Check it out over this long and seemingly never-ending weekend. Softail started it last night and it features postings of favorite music videos and trips down memory lane. All ages and experience levels welcome. :) :seeya:

I've had some questions about Jodi for a while but didn't want to disrupt trial discussion to ask. Some of you probably started following this case five years ago, but until the trial started, I had only seen the 48 Hours and Inside Edition features about Jodi Arias and/or excerpts from the programs on HLN.

Based on what I've heard during the trial, Jodi enjoyed art and took piano lessons as a child. What other interests did Jodi have while she was growing up? Did she play sports of any kind? Was Jodi involved in any type of club/group activity like Girl Scouts? Did she take dance lessons? Did her family attend church regularly, and if so, did Jodi attend religious education classes? Before she dropped out of high school, did Jodi participate in typical activities like sports, cheerleading, choral group, drama club, academic organizations?

For those who have followed the case since the beginning, have you gleaned anything about Jodi's hobbies and interests during her childhood, teens, and young adult life? All I gather is that Jodi had no pursuits of her own and immersed herself in the activities, friends, lives, religions of her current boyfriend. Other than waiting tables in restaurants, taking road trips hither and yon, becoming involved in the Mormon Church, I know so little about Jodi despite having followed the trial for nearly 4 months. :waitasec:

My mom and one of my co-workers are the only ones I know following this case. My daughter asks me for updates once in a while, but no one else I know keeps up with it daily like I do. I usualy get my updates from you great sleuthers. Today I received the following email from my co-worker. She said she heard it mentioned briefly on HLN. I have never heard this or read it anywhere.

email from my co-worker:
I am just now hearing about Jodi, sometime before she was arrested, with a different rental car containing a box of books with a knife, elsewhere a gun, and a bullet in her suitcase.

While this is mostly true, the gun was not elsewhere. JA had reportedly hidden it in the engine compartment of the rental car.

Upon her arrest, the books and knives (plural) were discovered.

The 9mm handgun she had purchased and hidden in the rental car was not found by LE. Instead, the rental car agency found it while maintaining the vehicle.

After learning from JA that it had not been recovered, Sandy Arias reportedly called the PD to inquire about the status of the gun and to request its return.

RBM The stolen gun from grandpa is what I'm struggling with tonight. Help me if you can.

I was thinking Jodi could have just taken the gun quietly and then put it back after the murder. Why have it reported stolen as part of a break-in?

Her grandpa must have kept close track of his guns, I'm guessing, and would have noticed it missing right away. Or perhaps she thought she was really safer if LE had it on report as stolen.

Trying to think like Jodi taxes my brain!

Okay, she might have thought once Travis was found dead LE would hear about her previous antics. But, I doubt they'd be checking out all her grandpa's guns if she put it back. Having it reported as stolen worked against her in the end. What do others think on this subject?

See, I'm no good at being a sneaky criminal. I wouldn't have thought of the gas cans either.

The answer to that is ballistics. If JA returned the gun to go, the police would have found it a and done the ballistics test. Case solved. She IS Einstein aft e r all!

They had to defend her, but in my opinion, there is no excuse for the ugly way they trashed Travis. She took his life. His reputation was the only thing left and they did their best to destroy it. Thankfully, those who knew him knew better. There was no excuse for Nurmi to dwell on his sex life. This was about murder! There was no excuse for Jennifer Wilmott sitting there talking, writing notes, and laughing like best fifth grade friends. I was appalled yesterday when court starting back and JW was sitting there laughing, when Travis's family had just gone through such a heartwrenching morning. I guess it was because the juror had been dismissed, but it was totally inappropriate, no matter what it was.

BBM = Very True. Your whole statement was spot on. :seeya:

I think the smoky smell was from her having burned evidence in the desert.

I always thought the receipt for the car where it noted that it had a smokey smell in it was the checklist BEFORE the car is driven off the lot.
If it was the checklist after the car was returned, wouldn’t it have been noted that the floormats were no longer in the car?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
abcdowpp1