General Discussion and Theories

Status
Not open for further replies.
:seeya: I opened a thread for "cell phones". We can use that thread for tracing the route. I'll move some posts over there now.

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=210485"]Cell Phone, Location and Mapping the Route - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

This incinerator seems odd since DM had no livestock and the farm is located in an area where it would be more economic to use a dead stock removal service and receive a salvage payment if one did have any dead animals.
Perhaps it was a cover story for an illegal disposal business run by someone in DM's circle: contaminated soil, industrial waste, stolen or illegal inventories, etc.
If someone in the truck received a cell phone call about such a business and TB overheard something incriminating, someone may have decided he was a liability. There could have been a struggle and a fatal injury. This might explain DM's lawyer's comments about a story that isn't yet public.

Didn't Tim's wife state(at the memorial service) that(to paraphrase her) that day, the devil walked up my drive, smiled at me and took my Tim?

This wording puzzles me as 2 "devils" walked up the drive. I wonder which "devil" smiled at her? JMO it's strange wording. Maybe I've just been reading to much on statement analysis :silenced:

Excellent blog by Trina Stewart with a nod to WS.

Bosma, Millard & Smich: the evoloution of crime and social media
May 25, 2013 by Trina Stewart
At times, it can be a little too much. However, many of the participants care and want to assist Law Enforcement by doing their own sleuthing online. Sometimes it’s of great assistance as law enforcement secretly watches these forums in hopes for new direction and clues.

Drove past the Roseville Road property again yesterday afternoon as it has always been a favourite route when our preschooler falls asleep in the car. It has been relatively quiet around there for the past several days, but there was a marked cruiser parked on the gravel shoulder of the property yesterday afternoon, and its lights were flashing. Not sure why, but the property is still blocked off by yellow police tape.

Touching and heartbreaking to see the makeshift memorial that has grown at the gate. Something tells me that it will be there for a while.

This wording puzzles me as 2 "devils" walked up the drive. I wonder which "devil" smiled at her? JMO it's strange wording. Maybe I've just been reading to much on statement analysis :silenced:

I would say that strictly speaking from the POV of religion, there is only one devil and that is why she used devil in singular. I infer it is a metaphor -- She may have meant that two men arriving, one or both being friendly-ish for the fleeting moment she had contact with them (maybe one actually did smile at her?) were representative of The Devil, whether or not there were two humans.

It was a poetic and effectively chilling statement, framed in the context of SB's belief system.

Joe Warmington of the Sun called the Canadian distributor and confirmed that DM purchased the device

"Information obtained by the Sun indicates Millard purchased the propane-heated incinerator for $6,950 from a Manitoba distributor of the U.S.-made product.

Bill Penner of Tri-Star Dairy in Grunthal, Man. said he did not personally meet with Millard and would not reveal details of the actual purchase or how it was delivered to his farm."

http://www.torontosun.com/2013/05/16/police-investigate-incinerators-role-in-tim-bosma-slaying

I read that same article, so I know your quote is 100% accurate. But it's such a conflicting statement from the seller - he provides the important information, who it was sold to and how much. But, he won't reveal details and how it was delivered? What could the other important information be, if any?

I am not familiar with the game, Grand Theft Auto, however, if you you tube it, there are a lot of scenes that are replayed. I wonder if in any of the Grand Theft Auto games ( I believe there are 4 or 5 different games ) the theft of TB's truck and how it was done, is a scene in these games and they were trying to recreate it. Just wondering.

I've been trying to 'think' like a killer and I keep going over and over the facts that we've been given so far and something keeps nagging at me.

If I was planning something like this I would absolutely not show up on TB's doorstep at that time of night in the country without some pre-planning.

I would make sure I knew exactly where the house was, if it was well lit, routes in and around the area, etc. I know they could have used GPS but still, I'd want to physically 'see' what I was going to be facing before even considering attempting what they did.

Wonder if they were seen in the days before at all. Not that that would help figure this whole mess out but it's just something I've wondered.

Wonder if they were seen in the days before at all. Not that that would help figure this whole mess out but it's just something I've wondered.

Same here.
The 1st test drive offered up some significant detail for LE obviously. Sure it's odd that they approached on foot but not completely out of the question. They quoted the business owner as saying DM & MS were suspicious. I'd like to know specifically what made them come off this way - behaviour, what they said, etc.
So many questions!

Can someone provide me with a link that shows LE knew TB was dead prior to finding his burned body? Because I don't remember this part at all.

The original quote that you're referring to wasn't quite verbatim. "The devil led the vilest form of evil down our driveway and it smiled at me..." <-- this is closer, although still not verbatim (hard to link to the quote in the Hamilton Spectator on my cell :banghead).

Can someone provide me with a link that shows LE knew TB was dead prior to finding his burned body? Because I don't remember this part at all.

They don't know for sure, they believe he died in the truck. Follow the charges laid against MS/DM, there was no kidnapping charge, just forcible confinement, this would tell that police do not believe he made it to another location before he was murdered. If he was murdered at another location following being picked up at the Bosma residence, then there would be a kidnapping charge.

DM's red Dodge Ram pulled that trailer with DM's Jeep inside and all their tools, bed and personal items, probably spare parts, tires, etc. down to Mexico and back. I think that truck was used to transport the trailer with TB's truck inside to his mother's driveway. I am surprised no one in the neighbourhood saw or heard it, so they must have done it in the wee hours of the morning to avoid detection. The next day, the neighbours noticed the trailer (mostly because of its odd orientation butted up against the garage door) and called LE.

There was a neighbour who said the bright lights and noise alerted them to it during the hockey game Wednesday night (don't remember the link off hand but it's back in one of the earlier general discussion threads). Also, I don't think they called on Thursday (DM hadn't been arrested yet) - do you have a link where it says they called then?

There was a neighbour who said the bright lights and noise alerted them to it during the hockey game Wednesday night (don't remember the link off hand but it's back in one of the earlier general discussion threads). Also, I don't think they called on Thursday (DM hadn't been arrested yet) - do you have a link where it says they called then?

This doesn't say exactly when neighbours called, but from the wording it doesn't seem that it was Thursday night...
Also it was not the neighbour watching the game who first thought it was suspicious IMO
http://www.yorkregion.com/news-stor...rs-shocked-by-discovery-of-tim-bosma-s-truck/

This doesn't say exactly when neighbours called, but from the wording it doesn't seem that it was Thursday night...
Also it was not the neighbour watching the game who first thought it was suspicious IMO
http://www.yorkregion.com/news-stor...rs-shocked-by-discovery-of-tim-bosma-s-truck/

By through the week all the neighbours were talking about the eyesore, and neighbour CF called LE Sunday morning after DM's arrest was announced the day before and the neighbours had collectively figured out DM was MB's son

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rosebud79922