TX - Longview, WhtFem (UP 9863), 41-50, Suicide - Assumed Identity, Dec'10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe she was raised in foster care and suffered from mental illness?

Does anybody ELSE think it's weird that she didn't want the in laws to spend any time at all with the daughter and was fiercely protective of her but then she goes and commits suicide, leaving the baby at the mercy of anyone the husband wants to allow to spend time with her??

Not only that, but both Lori and her husband had that SAME exact "teeth clenched" way of smiling. (I posted a close up below) They also have the same coloring and hooded eyelids. They almost look like they could be close relatives. Are we sure the Ruffs are telling the whole story?

Lori3_zps9f87bd99.jpg

IMO they look like they could be half siblings/full siblings.

I don't know if it is weird or not that she did not want her in-laws to spend alone time with her daughter.

When my three kids were little I let my in-laws take them for the day. I did not know my husband's family very well. They did not like me and let my husband know their feelings. I got called a *****. So, strike one, right off the bat. This would be the first time my kids were around their grandparents. So, I let them go for the day. The grandparents were going to take them to a relative's house approx. 60 miles away. Well, it became very late and my kids were not returned to me. This was before cell phones and I did not know the relative's phone number. I finally tracked down the number for my husband's brother who lived nearby and he called the grandparents (he never gave me the number he called) and then got back with me and said that my kids would be spending the night with the grandparents. I freaked out.

Anyway, my kids were returned to me the next morning and my son and daughter told me that when they got to the relatives house, their grandmother took their clothes off and washed them and gave them all a long shirt to sleep in...no underwear. That was weird, how long is a wash cycle? My kids were freaked out. My kids did not wear dirty clothing. My oldest said that even though I had given the grandparents my youngest daughter's car seat to them for the ride to Burbank that it was not used and my MIL held my little dau. in her lap the whole ride to Burbank! The grandmother was a RN!!

Anyway, guess this was a post about me me me but there might have been legitimate reasons that Lori did not want the in-laws to take care of her daughter and we will never know unfortunately.

:( The story behind this (that's included in your link) is so so sad. Where ever she is - I hope she's doing well for herself.

It is terribly sad :(. However if you were raised in these circumstances you would likely have series mental health issues and who knows what she was told about her father and the need to stay hidden. The background would be consistant with an adult with a fake history.

Christie Lynn Farni. I think their is a resembalance and the background would fit.

http://doenetwork.org/cases/706dfor.html

That is a very sad story. I think the child resembles LEK but I don't think the age fits. The investigators think she was actually born anywhere from 1960 to 1968 and that she was almost for sure older than her stated age. If you'll notice from her earliest picture, she was pretty young. Her more recent pictures show a woman well into middle age. I personally think she was likely close to or into her 50s in the "cookbook" photo and you can see a small child's head. I think the baby was a year or less old in the picture which would make her a decade younger than the age she looks. The difference in her age and the age she appears to be in the younger pictures doesn't look to be as great and that makes sense as when women are young, it's not easy to tell if they are late teens or somewhere in their 20s. That's probably why she got away with saying she was a month away from being 19 in her Idaho ID when she was probably about 25 at that time. I'm personally guessing that she was born around 1963.

One other thing, if I am reading this right. The link for Kim says she may have been a roommate of Laura Ruth Carson of MA. Searching her takes me to a woman who is now a licensed social worker, making me wonder if she was somehow aware of (both?) girls issues and it influenced her career choice.

It's getting late though and I am probably mustarding out.

Oh...so that is why I cant PM...darn!

CindyTX, apparently the advice here on WS is to find the Game Room and add to some game threads. This ups your post count.

Do you know some songs with places in the title? You're all set!

Laughing

Most high schools have an "alumni" page on FB. Perhaps we can post her photo in some of them in the areas where we know she was at one time and see if anyone recognizes her? Could be a long shot, but it seems like they'd have the best chance of recognizing her younger photos, since that's how she looked the last time they saw them.

BINGO! But I cannot put it on here...

Kim changed her name...she is the one I feel we should focus on.

What makes you think K changed her name? I looked at this, but the other person who is listed with K and A was LRC who married A in 1991.

Were you guys thinking that K changed her name to LRC? Sorry...trying to catch up from last night :)

What makes you think K changed her name? I looked at this, but the other person who is listed with K and A was LRC who married A in 1991.

Were you guys thinking that K changed her name to LRC? Sorry...trying to catch up from last night :)

It is my impression that K was married to A and they lived together on Hudnall St. apartments (called The Hub) where Lori Kennedy also lived in a separate apartment (not sure if same time). Then A married LRC in 1991; they moved to MA in 2002.

Unitarian Universalist.

I don't know what happened to Kim W.; did she go back to her maiden name? I don't have evidence they were married or divorced...but Kim lived with A at the same address for several years before he was married to LRC.

The investigator probably has more ability to dig into this? Time to submit the info to him?

Also...A is from Turkey. His degree is in Computer/IT; similar to Lori Kennedy.

Where Kim and LRC roommates? Do you have evidence they lived together?

It appeared to me that Kim was out of the picture when LRC came along.

i think she looks alot like jennifer marie wictor. but in the articles on her it says jane doe was entered in cods and was not found to match anyone so that means they have some dna on file for her and shes not matching up.

does that mean every missing persons dna is not in cods?

also could she be from someplaces not even in the west coast or mid west what if shes from the east coast like new england area and went farther out west so no one would notice her think about it its the 1980s new england is very far from texas and idaho.. we can rule out ma and ri as they have distinct accents. but ct nh and main are normal accents nothing that stands out.. internet is not like it is today computers were basic cellphones were not common. people still used typewriters and maps no gps. jmho

i am all for a facebook page

I wish they would release more documents.. .I wonder if we could request to see more of the papers they have, phone book pages and more of her notes...??? From the reporter or Vellig?

Hi everyone, I'm super new so excuse me if this has been mentioned. I recall reading in the Seattle Times article that LEK left a letter for her daughter to be opened on her 18th birthday. What's the status of this letter? Did the family open it or are they saving it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member