Verdict is in

Status
Not open for further replies.
I won't lie, I haven't been following this case in Websleuths and maybe y'all know something that I don't but I'm amazed at how many people are happy about this.

Up here where I live this is devastating news.

From everything I've seen, it's very much divided, pretty much 50/50. I've never seen anything like it.

This means he gets to carry a gun again. That scares the bejesus out of me. He had anger management but IMO it did no good! Mark my words. :stormingmad:

:seeya:

like a few others here, i wanted the prosecution to prove their case. I do not think gz is without blame here, i do not. But if you went solely on the basis of the evidence provided, this verdict is not shocking. There just wasn't enough evidence to go on. I'm not sure justice was served in this case, but i think the legal system worked...like it or not. I think the jury did what they felt was the right thing to do. Nothing like the pinellas 12.

I feel very bad for trayvon's family. :cry:

agree

Quote:
Originally Posted by ziggy
Dear ladies of the jury: I apologize for doubting that, as women, you could be reason free from emotion in such a very, sincerely, tragic case. Thank you for doing so. Thank you for your service and eating "on the job" to get 'er done. You are courageous considering the public outrage this verdict might cause - you are brave, wise and I'm proud, right now more than ever, to be a woman!!!!

Now this is just...:facepalm:

I know it is!!! You are right. But there was a tiny speck in my heart that doubted all of the women capable. If women are chuckling at the concept of the jury going with the prosecution because Guy is super handsome, then I'm not the only woman on the planet with a doubt like that!!!

But it's so GREAT to be proven wrong. Making mistakes is one way we learn.

At least I admitted it. Dang.

I have a very grateful heart tonight as I feel we have witnessed justice for George Zimmerman. I am so thankful this jury took their time, did an outstanding job of following the law. I will be praying for Trayvon's family but feel in their hearts they knew the truth.
Was watching NBC news say the nation is outraged. They don't speak for me, nor for eighty percent of this nation and I wish they would not keep trying to incite violence in our country. Goodnight everyone.

I think I feel worse than I did before the verdict was read.

No matter what the verdict, I wouldn't have been "happy". The whole damn thing is just so sad all around.

Prayers for ALL involved.

I feel worse, too and before the verdict was read, I was feeling sad for the Zimmermans as well.

I'm so sad for the Martins, this is just so heartbreaking and am praying for them and I pray the Lord rains down his blessing on them and gives them His peace and love and that they are NOT FORGOTTEN!!!

Hopeful One, you were my friend during the JA trial and I agree with you here as well. You're right, either outcome would be sad. Prayers for all involved.

I take Cymbalta for GAD as well.. I did not mean mentally insane by anymeans.. Just that he is obviously suffering from something... feeling terrifed, anxious, etc etc....

FYI Cymbalta is a dual medication works for nerve pain ala diabetes or other neuropathy as well as a mood stabilizer JMO ans working with 12 people on it

Angela Cory state attorney speaking now, trying to cover her hiney.

Wow! Haven't been able to even type until now. The jury got it right. I'm so grateful that justice was served. I fear for the life of George Zimmerman and his family and my heart aches for TM's family.

Disappointing day and decision.

I am more disgusted by this verdict than I was by the Casey Anthony decision. Not because I am watching another monster go free, though that's bad enough, but because he is walking out the door a hero to too dammed many people.

This was a case that many of us were passionate about. For some of us, this case will stand as yet another reminder that equal justice remains a myth. Not that we needed the reminder.

I don't think anyone thinks he is a hero.. I don't..

I do think he was justified in his actions under the law. And that is what mattered here.

I think what happened that night was a tragic happenstance.

It was horrible. It will never be okay that TM is dead. Never.

But GZ did not deserve to go to jail because other people are sad. What he did was within the law.

And there is no way around that. The law is all that matters.

MSNBC is fanning the flames right now. If there is violence it is on them, imo. They are saying that this verdict means that black men's lives are worthless in our society now. AND THAT IS NOT WHAT THIS VERDICT MEANS.

:thud:

For real? I don't have cable so only catching what is posted here. :facepalm:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members