NC - Erica Lynn Parsons, 13, Rowan County, 19 Nov 2011 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
My statement was a paraphrase from the first Dr. Phil show that aired on Tuesday this week. While Strawberry was mentioned in the interview with the local TV station that is transcribed here, I am not sure what the context was. The Dr. Phil show was the first time I remember hearing the "story" that both Strawberry and Kelly were in the car with "Nan" when they dropped off Erica. But there have been so many stories in this case, that I might not be remembering that correctly. Besides, I'm old.

Regarding your comments about "Nan" being a complete fabrication and how CP got the idea to use Strawberry and Kelly as people involved is one of the things that has me questioning my theories.

Sometimes I think they are all outright lies, other times I lean more towards the idea that there is some truth behind those lies. I am totally on the fence about whether or not CarolP was somehow involved in this whole thing.

Interesting find.....JHB on CarP FB says that CarP use to work at a McDonalds in Mooresville. I find this information very interesting if it is true....

One thing about it...All telephone and PC records can be investigated..so they can't actually 'loose' a phone number or facebook info..etc...

The NSA probably has everything sitting there in a nice neat little package, but probably would never hand it over. :banghead:

There is always a little grain of truth in pathological liars stories! moo

I have NO idea, other than CP claiming Erica was "three levels below" grade level. I can't help but wonder, if she had proper nutrition/attentive parents, would she have been better?
If Erica was 'three levels below grade level', maybe it's because she wasn't being properly home schooled as Casey claimed she was. Poor Erica never had a chance. :( She was hated from birth, abused and hidden from everyone. What torture she must have gone through over the years. I wonder if there are even medical records from typical physical exams.

I started following this story because of the connection with JonBenet Ramsey. I have to say, the more I learn about these people (using that word generously), the more bizarre it seems to get. I haven’t caught up on all the posts here yet over the past couple of days, so I don’t know yet if this has been posted. But I did some research after reading this morning about the search at another property, and I found some information I’ll share.

First, I’m not sure of the adoptive father’s real name (I think Sandy is probably a nickname), but the address of their home where the initial search was done (from the search warrants) on Miller Chapel Road is listed on the tax records as belonging to a William S. Parsons and wife, Janet F. Parsons. These are the same names listed as owners of the other property which was searched on the most recent warrant for a property on Sutton Road. I’m thinking this might be the parents of Sandy. If so, Sandy and Casey are living in a house owned by his parents. The owner’s mailing address listed on both these properties is the Sutton Road address (where it is my understanding, Sandy’s parents live). But there is also another third address listed as being owned by the same people on NC Hwy 153. (Maybe investigators need to issue a third search warrant?)

Here are links to the property records and Google Maps showing each of the properties (For anyone not familiar with Google Maps, click on “Satellite” for an aerial view):

County Tax Records for "Parsons"

Miller Chapel Road Tax Record

Sutton Road Tax Record

NC Hwy 153 Tax Record

Miller Chapel Road

Sutton Road

NC Hwy 153

NOTE: Google Maps also has a street view showing pictures taken in front of the addresses. On the Miller Chapel Road street view, taken in May, 2009, you can see someone in the driveway next to one of the vehicles wearing what looks like dark-colored, knee-length shorts and a white shirt. This person looks to me to be an older child.

Intersting .. the Sutton Rd residence sports a drain pipe along the front of the property .. a pipe similar to one in which was found the dismembered body of Jessica Ridgeway. Just a coincidence, no doubt but, still interesting.

(Quoting myself to keep the thread flowing...)

My statement was a paraphrase from the first Dr. Phil show that aired on Tuesday this week. While Strawberry was mentioned in the interview with the local TV station that is transcribed here, I am not sure what the context was. The Dr. Phil show was the first time I remember hearing the "story" that both Strawberry and Kelly were in the car with "Nan" when they dropped off Erica. But there have been so many stories in this case, that I might not be remembering that correctly. Besides, I'm old.

Regarding your comments about "Nan" being a complete fabrication and how CP got the idea to use Strawberry and Kelly as people involved is one of the things that has me questioning my theories.

Sometimes I think they are all outright lies, other times I lean more towards the idea that there is some truth behind those lies. I am totally on the fence about whether or not CarolP was somehow involved in this whole thing.

I went back into the thread and found the earlier mentions of Strawberry.

If you go to the .pdf file that Salisbury Post provided with the flow chart of all the names, where Billy Goodman is listed as the bio father, they mention his girlfriend's name, Janice "Strawberry" Jackson.
http://www.salisburypost.com/assets/pdf/SP9377810.pdf
Found here: Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - NC NC - Erica Lynn Parsons, 13, Rowan County, 19-Nov-2011 - #1 - *ENDANGERED*

The Salisbury Post did an interview with CP and SP on August 9. It is available online in 6 parts. Thanks to ACandyRose, The link is posted in this thread NC
NC - Erica Lynn Parsons, 13, Rowan County, 19-Nov-2011 - #1 - *ENDANGERED* - Page 28 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community
Link to all six parts of the interview: http://www.salisburypost.com/interactive/video (Click on "Salisbury Crime")

From askfornina's transcription of the 6 part video interview with the Salisbury Post, Strawberry is mentioned here: Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - NC NC - Erica Lynn Parsons, 13, Rowan County, 19-Nov-2011 - #1 - *ENDANGERED*

Casey: Well, it's three law enforcements and also us 'cause we've been looking for her too. Um, I do not know. We did track down- there was also two other people there that was with her when she got picked up. And, we have tracked down them people. Them are real people and why they're not being questioned I don't know, because they also- they have to know. They have to know where Nan's at. And they would be, I mean, they was there. Same car, same place, same everything. And them people's names and everything is panned out. And I never met them until them days. So.

Reporter: Do you know who they were in relation to Nan?

Casey: Yes. Uh, the lady gave me the name Strawberry and the detective has since tracked that down and talked to Erica's biological father and that was just a nickname but her real name is Janice Jackson. And, they found her at Carolina beach. And, that was- I do not know if she ever married Billy, Erica's biological father, or if that was a girlfriend, but she had a kid with Billy. And, the other lady there was an adult kid, she was about 18 or 19 years old and her name was Kelly. And, Kelly also had about a 7 month old baby that they said was Kelly's and that they was saying ,"This is your niece, Erica" and "Meet your niece." And, that was a 7 month old baby then. And, so, they was- the girl, Kelly, and the baby that was related to Erica. Strawberry, unless she married Billy, I guess would be unrelated- just, the mother of that other daughter.

Reporter: And you said that you all had been looking for her as well, how have you been trying to look for her?

Casey: Oh, we've always, even my other kids, even before this- we would just look on Facebook to see if Erica had ever created Facebook pages and stuff just to see what she looked like and stuff. Um, but we never had success in finding anything. There is Irene Goodman's on Facebook. There's some in China Grove. Them pictures that's on Facebook don't match the pictures of the lady that I seen. So, I don't think that's the lady that's in China Grove. Um, that's the only pictures I've ever seen of Irene Goodman. The pictures that we seen at the police station of Jana- Janice Jackson, the Strawberry lady, um- the ones they showed me wasn't her. But, then they said they found her at Carolina beach, and she was the lady, they have not- actually, refused to show me her picture. So, I could never identify that lady and don't know what they see and the woman- if they even went to house too and they refused to show me the picture of Kelly also. So.
And here in part three of that interview: Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - NC NC - Erica Lynn Parsons, 13, Rowan County, 19-Nov-2011 - #1 - *ENDANGERED*
Casey: They're lying. And he warned us that he would say stuff like that when we got our lawyer. They proved there was the other lady there, Strawberry. And, we also got told, um, Billy Goodman's mother is from Asheville and she resided in Mooresville. And, I don't know, I don't remember what they said her name was. And, the Strawberry lady has lived everywhere including also Mooresville. This is all comes from the detective. And, there is a Kelly and she does have kids. Just like the phone call with Billy at the police station when they called, he denied ever even having Erica as a kid- he never had a kid, he said. And he has three kids. We told them all everything so why they're saying that the factual thing- there was a Strawberry. That lady Strawberry, and a Kelly. I have no idea, because they know exactly who them people are. They've talked to them.

Reporter: Why would they lie? In your-

Casey: I have no idea.

Reporter: - I mean, you're saying that they are lying, so- why?

Casey: There's a Strawberry and there's a Kelly. They've talked to them. I do not know.

Reporter: So, who are you saying is lying- is it investigators or the people they're talking to?

Casey: The detectives are. The one- I've only talked to one detective. Detective Malden. I haven't talked to anybody else. There was a police officer in the room on the second day, I don't even know what his name was.

Reporter: Do you feel the information that you were given from Nan and some of those other folks was incorrect?

Casey: Honestly, I do not. I really believe there is Nan and Irene, and I know there's the Strawberry and Kelly. I- no, I don't. I really believe them.

Reporter: So, you don't think they could have given you fake names or-

Casey: No.

Reporter: led you to believe one thing over the other?

Casey: No. I don't.

Reporter: Where do you think Erica is now?

Casey: I honestly believe she's still in Asheville with Nan. I really do. They said Strawberry is in Carolina Beach. I don't know if they've moved down there or what but when Erica went in September and November, she told us of the Biltmore house, the big house. So, I know she's seen it, I've never took her to seen it. And, she rode horses in the mountains and she talked of that even about to my other kids and everything.

Reporter: And, again, just to clarify- you said this Janice Jackson might also be the same person as Strawberry?

Casey: As Strawberry.
And in part 5, here: http://www.websleuths.com/forums/report.php?p=9763235

Reporter: - or investigators and the biological mother does not know where she is, either?

Casey: Yeah, and when I told- she did not know there was other ladies there with her to pick her up and she's- I told her about Strawberry and her exact words was, I hate to say that on this, but she was like, "That *****. If I know she's in on this, I'm going to kill her." and I said, "You've met Strawberry before, Carolyn?" and she goes, "I lived with her for almost 6 months." That's- I didn't even know she knew these people, not the Strawberry woman and Kelly. I knew she knew Nan. I didn't know she knew Strawberry and them.
And in part 6...http://www.websleuths.com/forums/report.php?p=9763237
(just a vague mention, no need to quote here.)

Interesting find.....JHB on CarP FB says that CarP use to work at a McDonalds in Mooresville. I find this information very interesting if it is true....

Well that's a VERY interesting coincidence....the bio mother used to work at the location CP claims to have dropped off EP with Nan....hmmm something really stinks here.

Casey Parsons claims that "Nan" first contacted her through facebook and knew all of the family details, having gotten these details from Erica's birth mother Carolyn. It is well known that Casey and Carolyn knew each other, so it stands to reason that Casey would have contacted Carolyn and said "Hey do you know this lady who contacted me?"

Nan called Casey on the phone, but Casey can not provide the original phone number to police for it to be investigated (per Dr. Phil interview)

Nan sent Casey photos of Erica enjoying the horses, but Casey neglected to save them (per Dr. Phil interview)

Younger daughter Brooke and Sandy Parsons went along to meet Nan but Brooke denies making the trip and Sandy claims to have never seen Nan or talked to her.

MOO, but there is not one shred of truth in Casey Parsons entire story. They need to lock these two up in separate jails with no bond for a few days and Sandy will sing like a canary.

Just looking into this sad case -- I saw the write-up in the N&O today:

http://www.newsobserver.com/2013/08...-parsons-adoptive.html#emlnl=Crime_and_Safety

(As usual, please forgive if the link has already been posted.)

This "Nan" -- I prolly am not the first to say this -- I am still reading here to catch up -- but it does call to my mind a certain "Zanny the Nanny" story. Ummmpppffff. "Something's rotten in Rowan County," anyone?

That was my thought exactly....I am following this case very closely, I only live about 1 1/2 hours away and some of my family live in Mooresville. I wish I knew if there is more than one McDonalds there, but I only know of 1.:please:

Just looking into this sad case -- I saw the write-up in the N&O today:
http://www.newsobserver.com/2013/08...-parsons-adoptive.html#emlnl=Crime_and_Safety
(As usual, please forgive if the link has already been posted.)

This "Nan" -- I prolly am not the first to say this -- I am still reading here to catch up -- but it does call to my mind a certain "Zanny the Nanny" story. Ummmpppffff. "Something's rotten in Rowan County," anyone?

Oh yes, the Zan and Nan reference has been made several times. Also the fact that the mother's first name is Casey...

Something has been rotting for a long time...

Well that's a VERY interesting coincidence....the bio mother used to work at the location CP claims to have dropped off EP with Nan....hmmm something really stinks here.
Am I missing something? WHy is that interesting? I live in a small town- so many small towns have barely anything more than a McD's, Dollar General and MAYBE a stoplight. LOL

I don't think bio mom has anything to do with the final disappearance.

Notice that SP's father is not badmouthing the adoptive couple. From the WCNC article:

Casey’s father tells NBC Charlotte he saw her pull Erica to the ground by her hair and says Casey hated Erica. He also says his 9-year-old granddaughter told him Casey hit her on the head with toys. He adds he hopes Casey does not regain custody of her kids.

Sandy Parsons’ father Williams disagrees.

“They’re good. They love their kids, so I hope this mess will be over soon,” he says.

which is different than his initial comments about the case back on the 15th

"That's my fear that something happened and nobody's telling us. I'm not talking about the law I'm talking about my boy and daughter in law," said Erica's grandfather Steve Parsons.

http://www.witn.com/home/headlines/...ears-Ago-Just-Reported-Missing-218616791.html

That was my thought exactly....I am following this case very closely, I only live about 1 1/2 hours away and some of my family live in Mooresville. I wish I knew if there is more than one McDonalds there, but I only know of 1.:please:

wonder how long mcdonalds keeps their camera footage???????

I keep checking to see if the parents have been arrested yet.
On the Dr. Phil episode, casey says she does not remember the number for 'Nan.' Yet later on she tells dr. Phil that she called the number several times after erica supposedly stayed for good. Casey says the last time she tried to dial the number was a year ago, and somebody else answered.
If she called that number so many times, how come she doesn't remember it? Or at least part of it? I tend to memorize numbers I've dialed many times. And the numbers stored on my phone or computer I don't automatically delete if they're no good. It seems most people are this way, too. She's for sure lieing about that number ever being Nan's.
Erica was a beautiful little girl. She looks similar to my daughter, with her milk and rose petals skin, big brown eyes and brown hair. And she's only a year older than my daughter- so this case pulls my heartstrings big time.

Snipped for space.

ClaireNC, Do you know where this was stated? Was there a police report of LE talking with Strawberry & Kelly or was this listed anywhere in MSM?

I've become increasingly curious about the statements made to LE by Kelly & Strawberry as we now know they ARE real people unlike Nan. It seems that CP included 2 real people who were actually involved in BD Goodman's life to make her story more believable. ACR already confirmed that BD Goodman's real mother (Who Nan is supposed to be) is named Cloie Lou and she died in July 2005. CarolP Also confirmed that her ex's (BD Goodman aka EP's Bio father) mother died in 2005 so therefore EP could not possibly be with the grandmother.

Since the grandmother seems to be a complete fabrication, I would like to know where CP got the idea to use Strawberry & Kelly's names as people who were involved with picking up and seeing EP for the last time. Did CP know these two or see them on a regular or semi regular basis? How did she know to use their names along with "Nan"?

I was just sitting here thinking the same thing. WHY did she include two real people in her story???? And if she was going to do that then why not use Mrs. Goodmans real name. Where does the name Irene come from???

Notice that SP's father is not badmouthing the adoptive couple. From the WCNC article:

Casey’s father tells NBC Charlotte he saw her pull Erica to the ground by her hair and says Casey hated Erica. He also says his 9-year-old granddaughter told him Casey hit her on the head with toys. He adds he hopes Casey does not regain custody of her kids.

Sandy Parsons’ father Williams disagrees.

“They’re good. They love their kids, so I hope this mess will be over soon,” he says.
Do we have a link to that article? Could it be that NBC quoted the wrong grandparent?

which is different than his initial comments about the case back on the 15th

"That's my fear that something happened and nobody's telling us. I'm not talking about the law I'm talking about my boy and daughter in law," said Erica's grandfather Steve Parsons.

http://www.witn.com/home/headlines/...ears-Ago-Just-Reported-Missing-218616791.html

We really need a timeline, fact sheet and media reference for this thread. Unfortunately, I am booked for the next few days, does anybody have time to start putting together some of the facts?

Am I missing something? WHy is that interesting? I live in a small town- so many small towns have barely anything more than a McD's, Dollar General and MAYBE a stoplight. LOL

I don't think bio mom has anything to do with the final disappearance.

I think casey kept tabs on bio moms family if u ask me! moo :seeya:

Theres always a little bit of truth in a liars story!!!!!! moo

Do we have a link to that article? Could it be that NBC quoted the wrong grandparent?

We really need a timeline, fact sheet and media reference for this thread. Unfortunately, I am booked for the next few days, does anybody have time to start putting together some of the facts?

I think its correct the links r a couple pages back! :seeya:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members