GUILTY IL - Willow Long, 7, Watson, 8 Sept 2013 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wish we were privy to whatever this alleged argument between Willow and CD was about. The only rotten thing I can see about sleuthing (this is my first day here) is that it is so easy to speculate everything under the sun because LE doesn't release anything to help us...help them.

People always say that armchair detectives are silly because LE is trained and we're not, yadda yadda. LE makes mistakes...they're human. LE is LE and internet surfers are internet surfers. Everything is online these days...Facebook tells a lot.

I understand why they don't release pertinent info, because they would not want to inadvertently set off the perp...but wow it's difficult for those of us who aren't the perp and trying to help.

Please come home safely, Willow.

I'm not sure the argument was a big deal. It might have just been snapping at each other "brush your teeth and hair" "no I'll do it later" "do it now" "later". It just still seems to me she may have gotten bored before 10:15 and gone out to play.

I'd guess the mother is going over EVERYTHING in her head at this point, trying to make sense of it all, and maybe she thought she'd snapped at Willow or something and she might've gone off in a huff. It's the sort of thing you'd mention, just in case it was important, and through the delights of media.. that sort of thing can easily get shortened to "they had an argument".

We also don't know (or at least I don't) if the brother is just three or nearly four. Could make a big difference in terms of expression. jmo

I think I recall seeing him described as a "toddler" so I tend to think he's on the younger side. I wouldn't describe a child approaching 4 as a toddler.

how close are the other houses?? could we have another ahlanna gallagher situation??
she possibly left home to go look for a little friend to play with and someone snatched her? for right now i'm not buying a 7 year old left home after a "fight' with mom.

This is my fear. :(

It is very uncommon for someone to live in a town this small and not have any other family in the same town. I bet she has other family in Watson. That could explain where she intended to go.

Video at the link that I just posted said that she left in her "PJ's" after having a fight with her "parents". Really, could someone get the story straight before publishing it?

Police searching for missing Watson girl

[snip]

The sheriff's department reports Willow Long, 7, of Watson was reported missing by her parents at about 10:15 a.m. They believed she disappeared between 9 and 10:15 a.m., probably walking away from the family home.

http://effinghamdailynews.com/local...-for-missing-Watson-girl#sthash.JGJxo5L8.dpuf

UPDATE: Authorities Searching for Missing Watson Girl

A 7-year old girl is missing from Watson, and authorities are asking for help in locating her.

[snip]

Watson's Fire Department has been set up as a staging area for search teams as authorities comb the area for the girl. We spoke with Watson Fire Chief Matt Kulesza Sunday afternoon, who told us that at this time, search volunteers are not being sought, but those that show up to help will not be turned away. Kulesza said search dogs are on the way to help, and an Illinois State Police search plane is on standby.

[snip]

When Willow left home this morning, her mother says she didn't take her glasses.

http://www.thexradio.com/news/78-local-news/7442-authorities-searching-for-missing-watson-girl

Willow%20Long-600.jpg
Willow%20Long%202.JPG

Awww...she is so precious! She could be my child with her red hair! :( Praying that Willow is found soon!

From the above link:

"The Effingham County Sheriff's Department say they're searching for 7-year old Willow Long of Watson. Police tell us the girl walked away from her home on Circle Drive in Watson Sunday morning after an argument with her mother, and has not been seen since."

Link to map:

http://goo.gl/maps/MX5xh

http://goo.gl/maps/8dTiF

Where did you see the "after an argument with her mother, and has not been seen since"? I'm not trying to be snarky at all...I hope you don't think that. It's just that I don't see it in the article now, so I am just wondering if it has since been removed by the media?

There are more "guests" than members currently reading this thread. I invite each of you to take 2 minutes to register & join Websleuths. Many unregistered readers on a topic usually means locals have found our forum & we want your input!

We have interesting discussions on many subjects, including some you cannot see until you have joined. Give yourself a nickname & sign up. There is no requirement to post, but if you decide to "speak", you'll be ready.

Wonder what it was that the article mentions the mother's boyfriend is the son of Patty Clarey Everett? Is there a significance here? Thanks.

I know I kept reading thinking they were going to state she is the Mayor or something.

I don't believe that TE is actually TE, but TK, at least in some searches, if that helps.

Wonder what it was that the article mentions the mother's boyfriend is the son of Patty Clarey Everett? Is there a significance here? Thanks.

Unfortunately I think it is just another way that a media outlet uses a tragic situation to boost their town and their webpage. Ohhh look, we had relations to Willow in Shelbyville, aren't we special. Unfortunate but I see it a lot. I could be wrong, but I think that's all it is.

Why does McDonald's keep popping up all over the place in this story? -_-

I think the Shelby County News story is about the poorest journalism I've ever seen in print. They have the wrong last name for the mom and for the boyfriend, and they put a name in the headline that appears to have no real significance beyond her being a local resident.

I think this is going to have a bad ending, just not sure if its foul play or she got into trouble in a pond or some other place. I hope those cornfields really were searched row by row bc someone could have dumped her in the middle of one.We have had a lot of what I call "stranger" abductions, meaning acquaintances or neighbors. Anyone but family.Family normally show their hand early on and given that she walked out and it looks like she changed to go play or perhaps a visit to someone there was ample opportunity to snatch her up and do away with her

Hoping for the best

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member