CA CA - Bryce Laspisa, 19, Castaic, 30 Aug 2013 - #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wonder if he had been displaying any unusual interest in Canada?

The second car was reportedly determined to be occupied by two local fishermen.

FIND BRYCE LASPISA

MONDAY 9/23/13 VOLUNTEERS ARE NEEDED TO ASSIST WITH THE COMMAND CENTER AS WELL AS DISTRIBUTE FLYERS IN VALENCIA AND SAN FERNANDO. MEET AT STARBUCK'S STARTING AT 9AM
Thank you

So I wonder if they believe he is still in the general area?

Search for teen to widen

http://www.signalscv.com/section/36/article/105430/

Searchers looking for a 19-year-old Orange County man now missing for more than three weeks plan to search the San Fernando Valley Monday, a search coordinator said.

On Sunday, search volunteer Debra Sweetland met with other volunteers in effort to schedule the latest search efforts in San Fernando after having received a report of Laspisa being seen at a grocery store there.

“There was a sighting at a Food 4 Less so we’re looking at searching there,” she told The Signal Sunday. “We’re just putting everything together now.”

If this person turns out to be Bryce, he defiantly wasn't in the car when it went over.
I'm not quite sure that this would be true. It is possible that if he rolled the car and the air bags did not deploy, he could have gotten out and had very few, if any, visible injuries. I've rolled a few in the desert, and you can get some good seatbelt burns, but if your belts are good and the frame is solid, it's just a matter of getting out without breaking your neck as you release the seatbelt. It's the airbags that cause the black eyes. Just my experience.

Unless Bryce has found someone/somewhere to sleep, clean up and get a change of clothes, I wouldn't think this is him.

Also, if Bryce's intention was to go off on his own, why would he head south only to end up north of where he started from? Unless, of course, he has a brain injury and is confused.
If he got a ride from truckers, he could get clothes from them. The ones I know are pretty generous, especially to someone they consider down on his luck. A shower can be had at many campgrounds. Being cleaned up is very possible.

Just trying to gather into one spot what we've heard about the dog tracking. If anyone has anything else to add, please do.

Search dogs were able to follow a scent to the entrance into the recreation area, but then it dropped off.
http://www.placerherald.com/article/family-continues-search-sierra-college-student

The Times said Sunday that tracking dogs followed a scent in the direction of the lake, but lost it.
http://www.upi.com/Top_News/US/2013...dent-in-SoCal-scaled-back/UPI-12681379874302/

LE stated that their findings were that Bryce left the Castaic park area BECAUSE the bloodhounds followed his scent leading out of the park. Not too difficult to understand that.
post by dragracerz: http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=222066&page=25

We were informed by somebody at the "search HQ" (Starbucks) in the morning that Bryce's scent had been found by dogs, starting at the east end of the dam, but disappearing at the west end of the dam...
post by yellow Camaro: CA CA - Bryce Laspisa, 19, Castaic, 30 Aug 2013 - #2 - Page 38 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

Good question!

And, why Sierra College? What drew him to that particular college?

If I understand the timeline, sounds like the family moved to CA around the time when, or shortly before, BL started college.
"... The family moved to Orange County from Illinois in August 2012. ..."
http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/...hopes-for-his-return-20130921,0,2102617.story
Does Sierra require an application and acceptance procedure or just show up, sign up for classes, pay and you're in? TIA

Somehow I missed your question before, sorry! I can't speak for Bryce or his family obviously, but I know when I was looking into colleges Sierra came up over and over again as one of the best community colleges in the state. I had another community college right up the street from me that I didn't even consider because it was jokingly known as "high school part 2," while Sierra is more known as "4 year college training." I think you can just basically pay and sign up for classes, but if you don't sign up in advance I think it's much harder to get the classes and schedule you want. Plus he was previously in the fairly limited dorm space, so I imagine he had to apply for that in advance. This is all JMO and based on experiences of myself and friends.

ETA oh gosh I see I'm way behind, so this has probably been discussed already - sorry! I'll catch up before any more posting. :)

So I wonder if they believe he is still in the general area?

That's the last place Bryce was confirmed to be at so I get why they would continue to paper that area. They can't be sure which direction he went but they know he was there so maybe someone will remember something or come back in the area, trucking.

I do wish they'd try to expand though.

Thanks a bunch for posting! From the article:

Bryce Laspisa may be debilitated after having suffered some sort of head injury as the result of a single-vehicle traffic collision. said the young man’s uncle who is coordinated search efforts from his home in Illinois.

The latest theory to explain Laspisa’s disappearance Aug. 30 is that the Sierra College student is in need of medical help, Brian David said recently.

I am glad to see this information. This raises awareness for anyone reading the article to be on the lookout for a young man with a head injury.

Maybe they found out the blood was Bryce's???

Hoping this week will bring good news!!

I'm really hoping the sighting of Bryce in Oregon somehow pans out. It just doesn't seem likely to me. While his disappearance has reached at minimum almost 12k people, and many differerent states. For some reason it seems hard for me to believe he was spotted in another state by someone who happened to see him and his story. While it is possible it just seems unlikely to me.

I feel like his very fair skin and red hair are so uncommon that it is easy to mistake him for someone else. I hope that from now on if people are spotting someone that looks like Bryce, that they are able to confirm the large tattoo.

The other thing I wanted to mention and I'm sure will probably anger a few people, are the updates. Many of us have spent countless hours daily volunteering and trying to bring Bryce home. At the very least we should be getting more updates. I feel like the less we are hearing the more the attention will die down. Even if there are no updates, that's an update in itself. There's still a lot of questions left unanswered and I feel like the community should be hearing some sort of update rather than a generic we need your help.

Just my 2 cents.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

I'm not quite sure that this would be true. It is possible that if he rolled the car and the air bags did not deploy, he could have gotten out and had very few, if any, visible injuries. I've rolled a few in the desert, and you can get some good seatbelt burns, but if your belts are good and the frame is solid, it's just a matter of getting out without breaking your neck as you release the seatbelt. It's the airbags that cause the black eyes. Just my experience.

If the vehicle rolled and the air bags did not deploy, that would be very, very unusual...and a FMVSS violation against the vehicle manufacturer.

If the vehicle rolled and the air bags did not deploy, that would be very, very unusual...and a FMVSS violation against the vehicle manufacturer.

I remember a previous discussion on Bryce's thread about air bags, and if I recall, a few posters described being in a roll-over crash that did not deploy airbags. Maybe it's an issue of front vs side air bags? I would think that side air bags would go off if the vehicle rolled, but maybe not front air bags?

moonstone [B said:
]I wonder what time this sighting was?[/B] This made my hair stand on end, because last week a few posters were joking about seeing redheaded kids in their town and doing double takes. I had a 'run in' myself before their postings, but did not share it. The posters were simply expressing how much this case was affecting them and I felt they had stated my shared thoughts clearly....

...Port Orford is almost 5 hours from Portland...so timing of the sighting would help. But I felt I should mention it now, and then it's out there for whatever it's worth.

ETA: I just sent a message on the Facebook: FindBryceLaspisa page. If anyone else wants to actually post any part or paraphrasing of this 'possible though probably unlikely' sighting to the main page, please feel free to do so. Though to me, with the fleetingness of it, I feel like it would be maybe getting people's hopes up unnecessarily.

RSBM & BBM - moonstone, not sure if you saw this already but the sighting was around 5:30am on the 17th.

I hope these sightings (Oregon and San Fernando area of CA?) pan out!

:please:

The girl that posted that her Grandfather had seen a man who he thought was Bryce in Oregon showed him his facebook pictures ad he said he is positive it was Bryce!

The girl that posted that her Grandfather had seen a man who he thought was Bryce in Oregon showed him his facebook pictures ad he said he is positive it was Bryce!

If confirmed, that would have Bryce working his way north on Rt 5.

Given time and distance to date, would that potentially put Bryce between Salem and Portland Oregon moving towards the Washington State Line....if the sightings hold true?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DryHeat77