Australia Samantha Murphy, 51, last seen leaving her property to go for a run in the Canadian State Forest, Ballarat 100km NW of Melbourne, 4 Feb 2024 #8

Status
Not open for further replies.
The gf would know him and his routines very well, and would be attuned to his moods and habits, and sensitive to changes in him and their relationship. Living together would heighten all of this for her and she’d be aware of his whereabouts and plans each day. If she had nothing to do with it, you wonder if she picked up on a change in him or his activity or if she was oblivious. This pic, from 10th Feb out the front of his family home, gives off a relaxed ‘just going about as usual’ vibe for her don’t you think?
Yes you have identified the location correctly .. I did my Google map street view search and came up with the same single garage background .
Yes it’s does look like ‘business as usual ‘for gf Meg.

Attachments

• IMG_7887.jpg
    IMG_7887.jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 62
[Snipped by me] then that would also make employers steer clear. Of course it may not be the same person.
SBM. Trying to be careful with my words here, but I believe if you wanted to look up the court appearances of someone, all you would see is their currently scheduled appearances.

It doesn't show their entire history, so what you see could just the be the tip of the iceberg.

Exactly. And in the last press conference (when the accused was charged with murder) the police commissioner refused to comment on whether the accused was known to police or not…. Which I found telling given that he was happy to answer with a definitive “no” to other questions (ie., Re the hit and run)…

This is a little worrying, as the only significant feature in this area is a water tank.
Not the first time a body has been hidden in a water tank.
Eeeek!
Great sleuthing though Minaka! :)
I agree with someone else who commented earlier that all water forms need to be looked into…
For some reason bush and mine searches seem to have been a higher priority…
Can dogs smell electronic items in water?

Did we ever hear any more about Sam wearing air pods/ear buds whilst jogging?
Small things that may have filled her ears with sound, been connected to her watch and/or phone, and may have fallen out easily.
Yes I think it was believed that Sam had her AirPods when she left as they were listed on the notice board for volunteer searchers early on.
I agree that they do fall out easily and I believe they would almost certainly dislodge with an impact to the head or upper body.
The Apple AirPods are bright white in colour and although small might be easily distinguished from forest leaf litter and walking tracks.

I agree with someone else who commented earlier that all water forms need to be looked into…

Can dogs smell electronic items in water?

This would definitely require more than one person to hoist them up to the top of a water tank. The sink hole, not so much. It would also need to be preplanned.

I'm still wondering if the reporting of the dogs that can smell electronic items is more to strike fear into someone. I'm not saying the canines can't do it, it may however be a bit of a ruse to elicit a response from someone.

JMO I don't think it occurred him that he could go to prison - IMO his priority was a trophy.
Entirely speculating here JMO
This whole thing is abhorrent. I wish they’d serve him a big cup of truth serum or hypnotise the truth out of him to put an end to all of this effort, exhaustion and pain for so many good people and animals.

Just thought it was worth mentioning, that people in criminal gangs can still hold regular jobs (which is a scary thought.)

Did the accused work for his father? If so, I doubt there were criminal checks. He may not have been able to get a job with anyone else.
IIRC the accused DID work for his father. Looking for that information, and shall re-post it when found.

It is truly heartbreaking to read reports from numerous MSM sources today that Mike is continuing to plead for any information that will help to locate Samantha’s body. Mikes plea

I suspect this plea is mainly directed to others in the community who may not yet have come forward with vital pieces of intelligence/evidence, rather than to the accused... ? JMO. :oops:
I agree ProfCluezo. JMO

I'm still wondering if the reporting of the dogs that can smell electronic items is more to strike fear into someone. I'm not saying the canines can't do it, it may however be a bit of a ruse to elicit a response from someone.
Thanks Minaka. Yes I’ve also wondered how much of these recent “searches” may be (possibly) “staged”…. ?

It does seem like a lot to expect a dog to detect and potentially retrieve a SIM card from a water tank, pond, dam, lake or other waterway…

But I don’t know enough about these matters…

The media are being pretty good about not saying where the police were searching today. You'd think they probably know. They seem to be pretty good at sniffing out police movements ... especially when they are announced.

"Police have been combing an undisclosed area within the Ballarat region" . Link

I wonder if it was a forest area, or a house and property, or ......

imo
First post here. I worked for a media organization for over 40 years dealing indirectly and directly with newsrooms. They do have contact with police media liaisons to provide and distribute information for the public. The "media" can be your best way to help policing. Some stuff just doesn't get out to the public and must remain that way.

Thanks Minaka. Yes I’ve also wondered how much of these recent “searches” may be (possibly) “staged”…. ?

It does seem like a lot to expect a dog to detect and potentially retrieve a SIM card from a water tank, pond, dam, lake or other waterway…

The problem with locating a body in Ballarat is, there are endless options. I've spotted so, so many water tanks, dams, mines (active or not), forest, industrial areas, sink holes, the Yarrowee River. The list goes on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
just_a_shouthern_gal