Australia Samantha Murphy, 51, last seen leaving her property to go for a run in the Canadian State Forest, Ballarat 100km NW of Melbourne, 4 Feb 2024 #8

Status
Not open for further replies.

StillDiggin

Reaction score
desperate search continues for a mother-of-three who vanished without a trace after heading off on a 20km run during a heatwave.

Samantha Murphy, 51, was last seen leaving her home on Eureka Street in Ballarat East, about 100km northwest of Melbourne, at 7am on Sunday.

It's understood she was planning to run through the Canadian State Forest and was captured on CCTV wearing a brown singlet and black half-length leggings.

The mother-of-three has now been missing for almost 36 hours

Her 'upset and concerned' family hold grave concerns and described her disappearance as out of character.
1707124823535.jpeg

Thread #1
Thread #2
Thread #3
Thread #4
Thread #5
Thread #6
Thread #7

Last edited by a moderator:
IMPORTANT

Effective with the arrest in this case, sub judice is in effect and will be until a trial has concluded. For anyone not familiar with the judicial principle of sub judice, please review the following.

WS is based in the USA but we do try to manage the various discussions to comply with laws of other countries.

As this trial is in Australia, the case is under sub judice so please avoid anything that violates the following principles:

Basically anything that may prejudice the accused’s right to a fair trial
Any suggestion, opinion, or direct accusation that the accused is either guilty OR innocent
(i.e. the accused cannot be called "the killer"; use "the accused", "the alleged killer", or "the defendant")
A defendant’s previous history of any offences is off limits
Scandalizing the court (disparaging judges, lawyers, any officer of the Court) is off limits
Broadcasting anything about proceedings which happen in the jury's absence is off limits
Any non compliance with an Order of the court is off limits

Note in the event of an Appeal subsequent to verdict:
Appeals are usually heard by senior judges who are not likely to be influenced by the media, therefore responsible comment is usually considered acceptable once a trial has concluded, regardless of if there is going to be an appeal.

Posts that are determined to constitute a violation of sub judice will be removed. To avoid this, please review the following from the Victoria Law Reform Commission and post accordingly:
10. Sub judice contempt: restricting the publication of prejudicial information

Homicide detectives from the Missing Persons Squad joined the investigation on February 9.

The following day Victoria Police scaled back the active search phase and on February 15, 10 days after she went missing, police said they were treating her disappearance as suspicious.

Tuesday, February 13: Daily Mail Australia reveals that Ms Murphy's beloved dog Ruby had gone missing

Wednesday, February 14: It is revealed Ruby has died

As sad as it may be, IMO there could well be a connection, and it may even be, that the deceased dog led LE to PS before SM/her watch/something unknown led them. What, if PS put a video out about the death of poor Ruby? Ruby may have come too close to the place, where traces of her owner Sam could be found, and she had to be eliminated (in his ill mind)? One question remains: why did he know, whose dog it was? - All speculation.

Homicide detectives from the Missing Persons Squad joined the investigation on February 9.

The following day Victoria Police scaled back the active search phase and on February 15, 10 days after she went missing, police said they were treating her disappearance as suspicious.

Tuesday, February 13: Daily Mail Australia reveals that Ms Murphy's beloved dog Ruby had gone missing

As sad as it may be, IMO there could well be a connection, and it may even be, that the deceased dog led LE to PS before SM/her watch/something unknown led them. What, if PS put a video out about the death of poor Ruby? Ruby may have come too close to the place, where traces of her owner Sam could be found, and she had to be eliminated (in his ill mind)? One question remains: why did he know, whose dog it was? - All speculation.
I can’t track back far enough but someone mentioned it was a msm who hit the dog by accident ? Anyone confirm?

Red emphasis mine.
Good point.
One would think Ruby could have located Samantha as she'd have been missing her human ? :(
Omo.

T
I can’t track back far enough but someone mentioned it was a msm who hit the dog by accident ? Anyone confirm?

That’s my understanding , SM had two dogs , a smaller one ( breed unidentified) and her beloved three y/o Vizla Ruby who apparently escaped the property through an open gate .
Ruby was hit as reported by a MSM vehicle and I read the family made the decision to have her euthanised . The smaller unamed dog found its way home eventually .

The area of bushland searched yday does look very dense and rugged. They must have had some good intelligence to make them look in specific places in this bushland and then to call the search off by 3pm, with no plans to come back today. I wonder if they did find something…

A Victoria Police spokesperson said the search focused on an area of the Buninyong Bushland Reserve "highlighted by intelligence from a number of sources".

Officers drove vehicles through bush paths, stopping at several locations to conduct searches on Wednesday, while the dog squad scoured areas off the track and police on dirt bikes looked through rugged terrain.

Police officers huddle together in bushland near a walking track.

Last edited:
Have they used drones at all in the searches?
One would presume so.. Regarding drones.. I have thought , and have not discarded the thought that the entire encounter between Mrs. Murphy and Mr. S was caught on someone's stray drone that morning. Such is the confidence of VICPOL in calling the crime a murder, sans body..

That whatever is driving VICPOL , first, to claiming Mrs. Murphy is deceased, and not just deceased, but murdered, and not by an unknown entity , but by a young man living in the vicinity, also, claiming when she was murdered, ( that Sunday morning ) and the location of her death ( Mt.Clear ) .. it just seemed to me they have such damning evidence, unarguable evidence, the sort of evidence a drone's camera would supply.

Something fishy is definitely going on…. IMO…

Why are police no longer communicating with Mick and family?

What happened to the regular daily briefings with Mick?

My hunch is there has been some kind of “plot twist…”

JMO…

Check out this extract from the Daily Mail:

Mr Murphy was asked by the Daily Mail if he knew anything about the search for his wife. He shook his head in response.

The media outlet said he looked “distraught” as he drove through the scrub.

John Robson, Mr Murphy’s father, has claimed that Victoria Police have not kept the family informed of developments in the search for Ms Murphy.

“We haven’t a clue what is going on. Mick is in the same boat as us,” he told theMail.

Daily Mail

Last edited:
Something fishy is definitely going on…. IMO…

Why are police no longer communicating with Mick and family?

What happened to the regular daily briefings with Mick?

My hunch is there has been some kind of “plot twist…”

JMO…

Check out this extract from the Daily Mail:

Mr Murphy was asked by the Daily Mail if he knew anything about the search for his wife. He shook his head in response.

The media outlet said he looked “distraught” as he drove through the scrub.

John Robson, Mr Murphy’s father, has claimed that Victoria Police have not kept the family informed of developments in the search for Ms Murphy.

“We haven’t a clue what is going on. Mick is in the same boat as us,” he told theMail.

Daily Mail
That makes it sound like the family found out about the most recent search the way we all did- through the news. Gosh, I can't imagine how distressing that would have been. :(

There is something I feel, not right in all of this, a bit odd

For the police to make a big deal in the latest search and then to wrap up at 3.30pm

But invite all the media to come and let them know they will be conducting a new search etc..

This could be to put pressure on someone else to come forward ?

Maybe they are after someone else ?

This could have been staged ?

Police did say earlier when Samantha disappeared that there could be more than one person involved, others ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500