TX TX - Caleb Harris, 21, Texas A&M University student, Corpus Christi, 4 Mar 2024

Status
Not open for further replies.
I also don't think it makes sense for him to be outside at that time unless he was hiding something or waiting for something. I have kids this age and once the puppy went potty they would be inside in a heartbeat going to bed. The Uber eats order does not make sense. Again, my kids will Uber eats starbucks, chick fil a, etc but 2 lunchables at $2 a piece for lunch the next day? No way. They would stop on the way to work/ school and pick this up at a convenience store or gas station. I just don't buy it. I could see if someone is hiding drug use/ smoking/ drinking and stalled to be outside to do this but there doesn't seem to be a reason he would be hiding this from roommates. Very curious indeed.
100% in agreement.

Last edited:
Thinking in terms of what he would hide from roommates... meeting someone else's girlfriend or male lover? Possibly drug use/ purchase if others were against it.
Those are the only two things I can think of that someone would want to hide from college roommates...
Speculation and IMO

There was no judgement from me. I’m simply pondering the possibilities.
If you read the parents’ statements, they are sending Caleb a message. A very particular message.
While it’s possible they are hoping he may think he’s in trouble and telling him all will be ok; it is also very possible they KNOW one or more of his previous actions could have lead to him disappearing.
Just an observation, no judgement here.
In other words, they may know based on the past that he could be doing something that might lead to trouble? If so, you can only hope that he’s ok regardless.

I thought it was odd as well that he would order UberEats for lunch the next day rather than just grabbing something at a quick mart. The only thing you can think of is that he was meeting someone, and it went bad? But who, and why was it not picked up on camera?
I was thinking the same thing yesterday.
$15 max purchase that would probably come with $10 fees/tip. For something that’s not for immediate consumption and can be picked up the next day on your way back from school.
You only do that if you have a decent amount of disposable income. And not many college students do.
So… question for me is- did he have money to throw around and if it didn’t come from a regular job or his parents, where did it come from?

Thinking in terms of what he would hide from roommates... meeting someone else's girlfriend or male lover? Possibly drug use/ purchase if others were against it.
Those are the only two things I can think of that someone would want to hide from college roommates...
Speculation and IMO
Of course it’s all speculation only, but I had thought of his maybe hiding a planned encounter with a male met on an app, which have been known to go bad on occasion because you’re meeting a total stranger. Or for that matter an unknown female for an exotic encounter.

But if this were the case :
1. Why leave the wallet behind and
2. Can’t law enforcement track his prior online communications?

$15 max purchase that would probably come with $10 fees/tip. For something that’s not for immediate consumption and can be picked up the next day on your way back from school.
You only do that if you have a decent amount of disposable income. And not many college students do.
So… question for me is- did he have money to throw around and if it didn’t come from a regular job or his parents, where did it come from?
There’s a possibility that his father knows of something problematic that might bring extra income; hence the reminder to him that it’s ok even if he is in trouble?

Of course it’s all speculation only, but I had thought of his maybe hiding a planned encounter with a male met on an app, which have been known to go bad on occasion because you’re meeting a total stranger. Or for that matter an unknown female for an exotic encounter.

But if this were the case :
1. Why leave the wallet behind and
2. Can’t law enforcement track his prior online communications?

1. But why take the wallet? If you're on foot, I don't think it's necessary. And it's something that could potentially be stolen or lost. (unless you're thinking there was a paid cash transaction?)
2. I remember reading somewhere that LE did get into his laptop and they are doing digital analysis on his devices. I believe LE has been so quiet because they have an idea what happened and are putting together all the pieces.

What do you make of the parent's statement? I'm really trying to read between the lines on that one!

There’s a possibility that his father knows of something problematic that might bring extra income; hence the reminder to him that it’s ok even if he is in trouble?
Yes. We’re on the same page. Especially when we know he comes from a faith based upbringing.
And he spent those last few hours in and out of the house, but mostly out. As if he’s waiting on someone. And I don’t think it was UE.

1. But why take the wallet? If you're on foot, I don't think it's necessary. And it's something that could potentially be stolen or lost. (unless you're thinking there was a paid cash transaction?)
2. I remember reading somewhere that LE did get into his laptop and they are doing digital analysis on his devices. I believe LE has been so quiet because they have an idea what happened and are putting together all the pieces.

What do you make of the parent's statement? I'm really trying to read between the lines on that one!
I guess I was beginning to think of a possible paid encounter, but then again payment is likely done digitally in such cases.

It’s a good thing if LE feel they may have a digital trail.

Re his parents’ statement: I’ve only heard about:

* the reward $$ posted and doubled,
*the Dad’s belief that he’s out there and that someone knows something;
*his urging Caleb to know that if he’s in trouble it’s ok, and he can extricate himself from a bad situation
*and that Caleb had signed the lease, planned to go fishing, and taken only the phone and was barefoot
Please tell me if I’ve missed anything.

It all gives me the impression that this was a sudden vanishing and if I envision myself leaving with phone and bare feet and nothing else at that hour, I picture someone dropping something off to me quickly, that I don’t want others to know about.

Do the parents have a memory of a past experience, some mishap they feel he may have repeated?

The other thing though is how do we know the lunchables were specifically ordered for lunch? Not saying that doesnt make sense but how would anyone know why he was ordering them and/or planned to eat them?

Is it possible he was hungry that night and didnt have any food and since probably almost every restaurant was closed at that time that was his only option from a gas station?

But again, whether you were hungry then why not just run up to the gas station thats a couple minutes away or if was getting for the next day wait till you pass it when you leave? Maybe he wanted to eat them that night and if that was the case and he didnt just run up the street to grab them could it be he was intoxicated and didnt want to drive even for a couple minutes?

I guess I was beginning to think of a possible paid encounter, but then again payment is likely done digitally in such cases.

*his urging Caleb to know that if he’s in trouble it’s ok, and he can extricate himself from a bad situation
*and that Caleb had signed the lease, planned to go fishing, and taken only the phone and was barefoot

It all gives me the impression that this was a sudden vanishing and if I envision myself leaving with phone and bare feet and nothing else at that hour, I picture someone dropping something off to me quickly, that I don’t want others to know about.

Do the parents have a memory of a past experience, some mishap they feel he may have repeated?
You haven't missed a thing! :)

"urging Caleb to know that if he's in trouble it's ok, and he can extricate himself from a bad situation..." this part in particular. Typically when you see a grieving parent of a missing person, it's usually "bring him back to us, we'll do whatever you want"..."someone knows something please send in all the tips you have" but in this instance the parents really seem to be making a plea directly to Caleb. It's interesting. That's all I'll say. It's not bad or good, just interesting.

Your thought about his parents having a memory of a past experience possibly being repeated, I think are spot-on.

Living in South Florida, I’ve “seen” plenty of people on boats get caught trafficking anything from drugs to fish (out of season or protected).
I also know that majority of the time I’m barefoot is when I’m in a vicinity of a boat.

I know Caleb had a kayak, but fishing communities are small and everyone knows everyone.

So I keep wondering how close to the apartments was the closest area where a boat can pull up?
Just a thought…

Yes. We’re on the same page. Especially when we know he comes from a faith based upbringing.
And he spent those last few hours in and out of the house, but mostly out. As if he’s waiting on someone. And I don’t think it was UE.
I didn't know where to post this little piece of information but I remember early on in the case, Caleb's mom stated in an interview that she had returned from a visit to see him 2 days prior to his disappearance. The only thing that stood out to me was that she said he seemed his usual self, and that he had taken her to see a few of his favorite fishing spots. (FWIW)

The other thing though is how do we know the lunchables were specifically ordered for lunch? Not saying that doesnt make sense but how would anyone know why he was ordering them and/or planned to eat them?

Is it possible he was hungry that night and didnt have any food and since probably almost every restaurant was closed at that time that was his only option from a gas station?

But again, whether you were hungry then why not just run up to the gas station thats a couple minutes away or if was getting for the next day wait till you pass it when you leave? Maybe he wanted to eat them that night and if that was the case and he didnt just run up the street to grab them could it be he was intoxicated and didnt want to drive even for a couple minutes?
For some reason, I thought I heard his family say he ordered lunch for next day, going fishing.
I’ll try to find it.
2 lunchables and a Red Bull

According to one of the roommates, it’s what Caleb told him:

“At approximately 2:20 am, the second of Harris’s two roommates informs Harris that he (the roommate) is going to bed. Harris replies that he is going to stay up to order snacks via UberEats for his school lunch later that day (Monday).”

CCPD

Living in South Florida, I’ve “seen” plenty of people on boats get caught trafficking anything from drugs to fish (out of season or protected).
I also know that majority of the time I’m barefoot is when I’m in a vicinity of a boat.

I know Caleb had a kayak, but fishing communities are small and everyone knows everyone.

So I keep wondering how close to the apartments was the closest area where a boat can pull up?
Just a thought…
True. Very good observations.

Another thing I noticed but don’t know what to make of: Basically his last online activity, but is it significant??

3:03 a.m. — Harris sent a Snapchat photo to a high school friend living in San Antonio, Texas. The photo showed a small bridge over a drainage ditch on the 1900 block of Ennis Joslin, within a few hundred feet of the entrance to the apartment complex.

For some reason, I thought I heard his family say he ordered lunch for next day, going fishing.
I’ll try to find it.
2 lunchables and a Red Bull
Yes, he specifically told his friend he was ordering from UberEats so he’d have something to take for next day’s lunch:

From NewsNation Caleb Harris Timeline of events:

2:20 am : The second of Harris’ roommates told Harris he was going to bed. Harris told him he was going to stay up to order snacks from UberEats for his lunch later that day (Monday).

You haven't missed a thing! :)

"urging Caleb to know that if he's in trouble it's ok, and he can extricate himself from a bad situation..." this part in particular. Typically when you see a grieving parent of a missing person, it's usually "bring him back to us, we'll do whatever you want"..."someone knows something please send in all the tips you have" but in this instance the parents really seem to be making a plea directly to Caleb. It's interesting. That's all I'll say. It's not bad or good, just interesting.

Your thought about his parents having a memory of a past experience possibly being repeated, I think are spot-on.
Yes, it’s striking in that the plea is to the son himself, and not addressed to a presumed criminal.

This may not be the parents’ “first rodeo” with Caleb.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ceishen637