**Q&A ONLY** Ask the MODERATORS your Forum Questions **NO DISCUSSION**

Status
Not open for further replies.
Darn it, I'm tired of having to delete precious confidential important pm's. I'm keeping 90 at all times, and have to delete over and over. I've gotten to the point, that the importance of pm's is so important concerning family, private issues, BLessings, healings, etc.... I don't know what to do and keep an empty pm box for future pm's.

I have saw the scroll down bar below pm's says your options to delete, move to folders etc.... If I move my pm's, will they be saved? How do I find them when I want to review or cross reference, or bring to remembrance for a specific reason? I did about 20, but still won't delete them yet as I'm not confidant that they are saved and moved to a file folder.

What's the limit on moving to file folders at websleuths? I noticed when I looked at the new moved pm's the formatting is changed to a data looking spread sheet. LOL Sort of takes away some of the emotion, feelings, and atmosphere. But I can deal with that. As I wouldn't even know how to save them in a file on my personal computer and don't feel I have a right to remove them from websleuths property overall.

What can I do to keep these pm's, keep the privacy, open up my pms, and know with confidence their saved, as the members expect me to fully remember their pm's in detail, their requests, and I can and could but need my ability to pull up?

Mine comes to my email box in the alert, which I can then keep in an email folder.

to save myself 6 hours searching, where is the membership cancellation button

GuitarCrazyo posted on LTWH board, moved here, so maybe someone can answer his/her questions...

Hi,

I just updated my reborn with MRB312 and new softcam keys; I also updated AES keys.
I still cant see anything. Boomerang, Cartoon Network, TPS, BBC Prime, SRG, etc. all remains dark.

Is there anybody who can help me on that one?

Thx,
bm5

hi mods, sorry if this has been asked before. did a search and couldn't find an obvious answer thread. in some of the forums like this one I am unable to post a new thread and can only reply to old posts. this doesn't apply to all of them. just to ones like "Crimes in the News" and even this one. it says I don't have sufficient user privileges. am I limited to which forums I can post in? is this a post count problem?

sorry to bother you I just wanted to post a news link about a fugitive criminal in one of the forums and found I couldn't.

My problem is this. no matter if i do a search as you suggest, i still get 1000 returns with both names, no just one name.

i may be doing domething wrong, but i have tried as you suggested.

the quotations don't seem to make a differents as in most search engines.

say i am searching for just one name.. one person's name, like "George Washington" i only want to find "george washington" not a george in one forum or a washington in another.

or "South Bend" i don't want a south in one forum and a bend in anouther i only want forums on the full name "South Bend"

i hope this was a clearer.

Hello mods. -

Can someone explain what's allowed in posting FB/MS pages? I had always thought it was allowed for POIs, victims/those missing and others mentioned in the media (but never for minors).

TIA!!

:blowkiss:

ETA: and for tweets, also.

Hi daisy :)

Hopefully and or some of the other admins will answer too. I was told by Tricia no myspace or facebook pages at this time. None or anyone not directly involved in the case. No minors.

Maybe one of the admins can clarify more for you. As it stands right now, Tricia or the admins may be able to ok one of these pages if you run it by them.

Hope your doing well!!!

Imamaze

Hi daisy :)

Hopefully and or some of the other admins will answer too. I was told by Tricia no myspace or facebook pages at this time. None or anyone not directly involved in the case. No minors.

Maybe one of the admins can clarify more for you. As it stands right now, Tricia or the admins may be able to ok one of these pages if you run it by them.

Hope your doing well!!!

Imamaze

We are having a meeting tonight with all the admins. We will get this all totally straightened out and clear. We'll let you know for sure either late tonight or tomorrow.

:doh: I read from one mod that they weren't ever allowed and I've been telling peeps that! MY BAD! I'm looking forward to hearing the final decision.

A discussion arose here: http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=4473844&posted=1#post4473844

I've seen this happen on another thread when it comes to posts from locals. I don't know if it is me, but I think the local posters are increasing by leaps and bounds! Tricia always used to talk to them and make an announcement letting everyone know they seemed legit for the most part, but now we aren't hearing that lately. Is it because everyone is overloaded, or has the process changed? TIA

I'm just curious...

Do mods have a work schedule, when they are committed to being on the forum?

For instance, 'Mod A' volunteers to be on every night from (this time) to (that time)?

Do the mods ever meet up in person? Do you talk via conference calls, or mainly computer messages?

I don't really know why I'm so interested in the behind the scenes dynamics of it all, but I am!

I am very impressed by the mod 'coverage' here at Websleuths.

basically we are here when we can be. We let each other know if we are not going to be around for extended periods of time. We have meetings in threads and/or by telephone. We all have such different schedules we just do whatever works for everyone.
Tricia is always grateful for the time we volunteer here and does not ask us to be here on any set schedule or committied time.

Smart Blonde, I used to be curious about it too! LOL! It really isn't much different behind the scenes than in front of them. As for meeting one another, everyone is spread apart, but I have hopes of meeting and Mrs. someday as they live in a city where I have a lot of relatives. As far as phone calling, I talked to Tricia during the mod selection process and I've talked to in the past for various reasons. Phone calling is probably as prominent among ourselves as members who choose to call each other.

As far as coverage, my day is pretty flexible at the moment. Since I knew other mods would be playing catch up at work on Monday, I spent more time browsing around on that day. We share each others schedules, as JBean said, and everyone works together as a team to look out for each other.

:blowkiss:

Nope. We're here when we're here.

I've met chicoliving, JBean, christine2448 and TopGunner in person. I've spoken on the phone to all of them, along with Tricia, Kimster, Animal04216, Big Tex, believe09 and tybee204 (only once, I wish I had known...). All the rest I've spoken with via PMs and emails.

When I was made a mod the girls had to stop coming to work in their underwear - little known fact

BBM

:floorlaugh:

Nope. We're here when we're here.

I've met chicoliving, JBean, christine2448 and TopGunner in person. I've spoken on the phone to all of them, along with Tricia, Kimster, Animal04216, Big Tex, believe09 and tybee204 (only once, I wish I had known...). All the rest I've spoken with via PMs and emails.

When I was made a mod the girls had to stop coming to work in their underwear - little known fact.
OH cripes. I thought we were supposed to START showing up in our undies.
awkward.

In a nutshell, I had a friend who was murdered by her husband. He is up for parole and I need to find out his status. I don't even know if this is a WS type question, if not maybe someone could point me to the right place? I know what prison he is in but that didn't give me any information.

Does WS have a forum for this type of question? I don't think his case was reviewed here, it happened about 20 years ago. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Whirlebird