**Q&A ONLY** Ask the MODERATORS your Forum Questions **NO DISCUSSION**

Status
Not open for further replies.
Query: Is there any way to use the state prefixes we now (very usefully) have for the thread titles as a search function, other than just to plug "California" into the search box?

For example, is there a function to just hit "CA" to see all the California case threads in, say, "Missing-1970s"?

Just wondering, in case there's an easier way to do this than just searching blindly.

Good question! Yes you can use the state prefixes we have as a search function.

Ima

Good question! Yes you can use the state prefixes we have as a search function.

Ima

Thanks!

I have discovered how:

When in the subforum you want to look at, go to "advanced search" and then search by prefixes. Voila!

Not sure why I didn't notice that before.

TY!

Hi I have a question concerning the Abraham Shakespeare case. I spent soooo many hours of days researching. There has been one arrest but the case involved so much more. We had a financial thread but it and all the old threads are gone. I think maybe because relevant info was copied to candyrose site for her to organize. But I know me and others posted raw info to go back to. There was stuff that may be relevant but only have we have new info and now we can refer to the raw research. Are those threads somewhere? Can we bring them back for the posters who dedicated so much time and effort on them. It just kinda seem unfair that such a huge decision to get rid of the threads in less than even a year without input from the posters.
thanks.

Hi I have a question concerning the Abraham Shakespeare case. I spent soooo many hours of days researching. There has been one arrest but the case involved so much more. We had a financial thread but it and all the old threads are gone. I think maybe because relevant info was copied to candyrose site for her to organize. But I know me and others posted raw info to go back to. There was stuff that may be relevant but only have we have new info and now we can refer to the raw research. Are those threads somewhere? Can we bring them back for the posters who dedicated so much time and effort on them. It just kinda seem unfair that such a huge decision to get rid of the threads in less than even a year without input from the posters.
thanks.

Older Abraham Shakespeare Threads

FL- missing lottery winner Abraham Shakespeare, last seen April 2009 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

FL- missing lottery winner Abraham Shakespeare, last seen April '09. Found 1/28/10 #1 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

FL- missing lottery winner Abraham Shakespeare, last seen April '09. Found 1/28/10 #2 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

FL- missing lottery winner Abraham Shakespeare, last seen April '09. Found 1/28/10 #3 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

FL- missing lottery winner Abraham Shakespeare, last seen April 2009 #4 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

When is the search function available for new users? I've tried searching WS, I've used Google to search WS but I cannot find this answer. I'd just like to use the search feature but I get the typical, "surrogatemom, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:" page.

Thank you. :)

When is the search function available for new users? I've tried searching WS, I've used Google to search WS but I cannot find this answer. I'd just like to use the search feature but I get the typical, "surrogatemom, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:" page.

Thank you. :)

Post #147 in this very thread has your 'answer'.

I know, I'm waiting too...

And have a question of my own. I have read through several threads previously looking for general answers to newbie stuff like the search conundrum, I don't recall however seeing a limitation on using IMG tags. I was about to reply to a post and link an image, but it didn't work.
And yes, I know very well *how* to do so, I have years of forum experience in general.

I guess I'll just wait on my post for now (and miss out on adding to my post count) in this case because it really would be most effective/ideal (and I'm a bit of a perfectionist) with the img that I wanted to include.

ETA: Q about starting threads, can newbies start threads in the Game Room? I have an idea of a game, once I can look through a couple pages and see that it's not currently in existence I might start it.

Hi - I was wondering what people would think about this.

I think we should have a "Rest in Peace" forum, where all the memorial threads to people can go. We have a lot of them, and it's a shame that they are so spread out and that some of them are in the private sections, as some of them might be nice for people to find if they Google their lost loved one, such as that foster mom that died last night. I think it might be nice if they were all in one place, even if the mods think they should be in a private section.

Just a suggestion!

ETA: My mistake - I don't think the foster mom thread is in the private section, afterall - but my original points still work.

ETA2: I should also say that I would be perfectly willing to help with this if it were accepted as a forum idea - I would gladly hunt out the RIP threads and send the links to the mods. I in no way want to make a ton of extra work for you all, since I know you are busy as it is. :)

I have a suggestion too. Maybe we can make a bizarre shocking crime new section. there are cases in the crime in the news that are popular, or need members help but they get pushed pages back in a matter of a day. or then make the current hot case section or whatever its called a bit more up to date.

Some of the threads are showing up with the postings being "centered" rather than left margin oriented. This hasn't happened before today on my browser. It makes them really hard to read.

I noticed that!!! I thought it was just me! LOL! It usually happens when I open a thread in another tab...

I'm trying to track this down, but I can't seem to find any that show up wrong for me. So please, give me a link and I'll get it fixed!

Thanks !

This makes several times I've visited the board today and this time, I haven't seen any like that, but if I do, I'll post a link right away. It seemed to be intermitent; sometimes a particular page would be centered, and then on the next visit, not centered.

On another note, my web browser has been locked up upon visiting the board on two occasions today. I can't tell if it's an ad locking up or if it's just the board. I had to close browser twice.

Keep in mind, when I refresh the page, it un-centers itself an is left justified again... not sure how you'll find/fix that.

I'm trying to track this down, but I can't seem to find any that show up wrong for me. So please, give me a link and I'll get it fixed!

It's intermittent...has happened to me 3-4 times over the past 2 days...also, website seems to be running a bit slow, but we've got a lot of traffic, too. :)

can we get an anouncement abouting in the correct area of the current events section. i am getting so annoyed with crimes in the news being flooded down with topics that are clearly posted because they are bizarre, but they are not put there. maybe instead it could be broken down further so there is still the strange sec but instead of crimes in the news, murder in the news and a sex crimes in the news. its really frustrating that important things are pushed back pages in a day to even hrs.

FYI, my WS has been disconnecting several times a day for past few weeks, when other sites I have open are working fine. I have been told this is not specific to me. Sometimes this happens ten or more times per day when WS is not available for a little while. I am guessing traffic, although it is random as to when it happens. FYI only, though you probably already know about it. Thanks.

Hi, I like reading the forums here, but sometimes when I look at the "new posts" option, I get sick of a certain forum always popping up...with its posts. Is there an option available to block certain forums so you dont have to see them any longer in the new posts section? or at all for that matter?

Hi, I like reading the forums here, but sometimes when I look at the "new posts" option, I get sick of a certain forum always popping up...with its posts. Is there an option available to block certain forums so you dont have to see them any longer in the new posts section? or at all for that matter?

If you go to the individual forums you do like, you can see all the new posts therein at the top of the forum list.

Other than that, I don't know of any way, but perhaps someone else does.

does anyone answer this forum? can someone unban from chat or can i make a new one. i was banned for personal reasons related to the person's preference for another chat/site. reasons that are untrue. i am here for the site and its purpose, what has the person offered lately? thanks.

If you "subscribe" to a forum, then you can view your favorite forums when you click on your "UserCP" in the blue bar area.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jlop