Plea or Tip? Will there be an arrest?

Status
Not open for further replies.
from listening to the dog handler on NG tonight it sounds like the tip the LE was following was from the dog handler. it seems like he gave them the tip last year and they were just now checking it out. and the dog apparently was correct. it would explain why LE isn't saying where the tip was coming from. they don't want to look worse than they already do for not doing the same type of search for amber as they did for chelsea

The dog didn't hit on the exact area the body was found.
It was still several miles away.

from listening to the dog handler on NG tonight it sounds like the tip the LE was following was from the dog handler. it seems like he gave them the tip last year and they were just now checking it out. and the dog apparently was correct. it would explain why LE isn't saying where the tip was coming from. they don't want to look worse than they already do for not doing the same type of search for amber as they did for chelsea

The dog hit on the Pala Library which is about 5 miles away--between the library and where she was found there are thousands of acres of remote desert--it would take years to search it all. I noticed in one of the pix of the crime scene there is a Eucalyptus tree that has initials carved into it right next to the tent with the white canopy. That indicates to me that this is an area where kids hang out.

question:

what is the hearing tomorrow? his plea or the pretrial?

Interesting - and if they found the check that Amber had that day, they would know that he was their guy.

The way I'm "reading" all this is:

1) its not the WHO of the tip but the HOW of the tip. IOW - LE obviously had a very specific tip - HOW did they get it? Quote from Travelbug through local news: Emphasizing NO ONE is taking questions and NO ONE wants to say on the record HOW the tip came in.

2) They are still processing the crime scene. Now either Amber wasn't buried and it is kinda like Caylee was found - they have to "collect". I don't think this is the case as they would have brought in a lot more equipment than we have heard. So, if that isn't the case - then is there THAT MUCH evidence they need to process and collect?

As for the HOW in #1 - LE found "things" - I'm wondering if they found that $200. check Amber had for the lamb? But that wouldn't lead to where she was. Or did LE find a map? Or maybe (this is a horrible thought) pictures?

I don't think for one minute any "person" including JAG gave LE this tip. It was a tip that came in the form of a "thing" - some "thing" LE found at his house, gma's house (or the shed out back we heard about?) - and that "thing" led to finding Amber.

I guess it's always possible that once they towed his car from his mother's house that they found Amber's DNA in there. Of course that has nothing to do with any tip leading to her body. I've never read anywhere how long he's had that black sedan.

Hey! I just had a brain fart. We heard nothing about any computers being taken in the search warrants. We know he played video games - so he was "tech savy". Come to think of it - we've heard NOTHING about any "on-line" presence he may have had.

Even if he very little on-line anything - did he have a laptop? Maybe even just one of those new fancy IPhones that have web access.

Could it be the elusive "tip" came from a hard drive of some type of electronic device?

question:

what is the hearing tomorrow? his plea or the pretrial?

A status hearing essentially.

Next week is the preliminary hearing but will likely be postponed (and they said that before this happened with Amber).

He already entered a plea of 'not guilty' last Wednesday.

Just now on KFI 640 out of LA, John and Ken read an email they received. According to the sender who said he spoke to a LE officer for the Pala Reservation, John Gardner was brought by the police to the Pala area Friday afternoon. The body was discovered at 3:00 AM Saturday morning....for what it's worth...

The way I'm "reading" all this is:

1) its not the WHO of the tip but the HOW of the tip. IOW - LE obviously had a very specific tip - HOW did they get it? Quote from Travelbug through local news: Emphasizing NO ONE is taking questions and NO ONE wants to say on the record HOW the tip came in.

2) They are still processing the crime scene. Now either Amber wasn't buried and it is kinda like Caylee was found - they have to "collect". I don't think this is the case as they would have brought in a lot more equipment than we have heard. So, if that isn't the case - then is there THAT MUCH evidence they need to process and collect?

As for the HOW in #1 - LE found "things" - I'm wondering if they found that $200. check Amber had for the lamb? But that wouldn't lead to where she was. Or did LE find a map? Or maybe (this is a horrible thought) pictures?

I don't think for one minute any "person" including JAG gave LE this tip. It was a tip that came in the form of a "thing" - some "thing" LE found at his house, gma's house (or the shed out back we heard about?) - and that "thing" led to finding Amber.
I tend to think the same thing.

If anyone helped dispose of the body, it would be awfully hard to sit on it for a year and then call it in, although it is possible if they were afraid of JAG and he is now in custody. I don't believe a hiker came across the body. I don't think it was a plea bargain, but it could have been. But it could easily have been on a computer, written down, in a GPS, found while searching for Chelsea, in a car, etc. I tend to think she was buried ( a reference to a grave in a report), because I think the bones would be scattered all over otherwise (animals). If the bones were scattered they'd have to search a lot to retrieve as many as they could. They would be searching for her clothes and backpack, if they were not present, as well as anything else that the killer might have left behind. (weapon, own clothing etc.) It's been a year and if it is on a slope, evidence could travel quite a distance.

Long winded answer to: I agree with your thought process.

I posted this on another thread, but this makes sense, IMO...

Just now (Monday 6:55 PM) on KFI 640 out of LA, John and Ken read an email they received. According to the sender who said he spoke to a LE officer for the Pala Reservation, John Gardner was brought by the police to the Pala area Friday afternoon. The body was discovered at 3:00 AM Saturday morning....for what it's worth...

I posted this on another thread, but this makes sense, IMO...

Just now (Monday 6:55 PM) on KFI 640 out of LA, John and Ken read an email they received. According to the sender who said he spoke to a LE officer for the Pala Reservation, John Gardner was brought by the police to the Pala area Friday afternoon. The body was discovered at 3:00 AM Saturday morning....for what it's worth...

Even the talking heads don't think there would be enough time for Gardner's lawyer to make a deal for this tip to have come from Gardner.
I just find it hard to believe that Gardner who is alleged to have killed a girl (Chelsea) presumably so she won't tell on him would be taking police to the location of a body of another girl without a deal in place.

This is the same tree as in the JPG I posted (post 79), you can see the large scar at the base of the tree (slightly different angle). It's where Arouba branches off from the road, so I'm thinking the body was a ways away from here.

Which marking do you think was done by the locating company? I don't think the white paint is by a locating company, maybe the orange? I've never seen one marked like that for identification.

The large USA and arrow are by a locating company. The other colors probably are, too, but I can't see them clearly. I hadn't seen utility marking like that, either, until recently. The same marking showed up on a utility pole in our neighborhood around Christmas, and when I complained about it being obnoxious, my husband said it was a marking by a locator.

My only thought was that several technicians (someone from each utility company) would have been called out on the work order, whenever it was issued. I think the responses that the tree/entrance is quite a ways from the actual crime scene are probably accurate. Thus, they probably weren't near enough to have spotted Amber's remains.

Wow. Just wow...if that is true... It makes sense in some way though...

I usually listen to John and Ken- but I got home early today....

How truly sad....

Just now on KFI 640 out of LA, John and Ken read an email they received. According to the sender who said he spoke to a LE officer for the Pala Reservation, John Gardner was brought by the police to the Pala area Friday afternoon. The body was discovered at 3:00 AM Saturday morning....for what it's worth...

BBM

Thanks, that also confirms what local media has been emphasizing, that she was found ::very:: early on Saturday morning (hinting that this actually started Friday at some point because it was so early Saturday and would likely have been dark)

If true that makes the motion hearing today puzzling. Why would his defense attorneys be concerned with keeping his probation records sealed if he was going to plead guilty?

My question is why does grandma not think JAG is the guy that killed Amber?
Amber's mom stalked JAG because she was so sure JAG was involved with her daughter missing.

That's an interesting question. I'm wondering if she's closer with the PI Bill Garcia's camp who was also adamantly saying it wasn't JAG involved at least with the tip.

In light of that...

Did you see what Tink just posted over on the "[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4899816&postcount=229"]plea or tip" thread here[/ame]?

The jist of it was, according to the KFI show that's been covering this well (that had the family member in Elsinore on, as well), JAG was brought to Pala by LE on Friday afternoon, and she was found at 3 am on Saturday.

That jives with what local media has been emphasizing, that she was found ::very:: early on Saturday (as in, things had started on Friday because it would have been dark ::very:: early on Saturday)

Even the talking heads don't think there would be enough time for Gardner's lawyer to make a deal for this tip to have come from Gardner.
I just find it hard to believe that Gardner who is alleged to have killed a girl (Chelsea) presumably so she won't tell on him would be taking police to the location of a body of another girl without a deal in place.

Actually I think it makes a lot of sense. Apparently the arraigement hearing was packed with strong, negative vibes. If nothing else, even Gardner and his primitive survival instincts could pick up the hatred in the room.

Police would be continuing to press him, especially if they found something of Amber's while they were searching his various residences.

The police couldn't just put Gardner in a car and whisk him up the freeway. As John and Ken stated it would have been worse than the OJ parade. The search at Kit Carson may have been a ruse or one of the police's search areas, but it did enable them an opportunity to take Gardner to the Pala area.

Regardless whoever gave the tip, describing the location would have been tough, especially after a year. For instance, how would you describe where to turn in that area. One would probably have to go back and retrace one's steps.

Guess we'll see...

PS: I tend to think he killed Chelsea out of rage, not fear of identification.

If true that makes the motion hearing today puzzling. Why would his defense attorneys be concerned with keeping his probation records sealed if he was going to plead guilty?

Your asking questions that are way out of my area of expertise. We need the legal heads!

Does one still have a trial if you make a deal to forgo the death penalty in exchange for information?

I wonder when the hearing was scheduled? I wonder if they had the hearing?

Don't know...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member