2010.05.11 - "The irony is rich!"

Okay, so just happen to be paging (again with hope )thru the AAFS advance program (hush y'all, it was buried under piles of "stuff") and look what I found for an "unique opportunity" for Baez to have a "chit chat".......and pick up some CME hours!

JURISPRUDENCE

Thursday — Session I
Forensics 101

Using a Faceless Murder Victim to Illustrate Crap Tests, Quackery, and Incompetence
in Using or Not Using Forensic Entomology​
Leon G. Higley, PhD*; Timothy E. Huntington, PhD; Neal H. Haskell, PhD

Now for ONCE I am NOT going to provide ANY editorial comment from my peanut gallery venue but ....... :blushing::fencefall::fireworks::devil: IF JB tried to ingage EITHER of these gentlemen during the session!

Okay, so just happen to be paging (again with hope )thru the AAFS advance program (hush y'all, it was buried under piles of "stuff") and look what I found for an "unique opportunity" for Baez to have a "chit chat".......and pick up some CME hours!

JURISPRUDENCE

Thursday — Session I
Forensics 101

Using a Faceless Murder Victim to Illustrate Crap Tests, Quackery, and Incompetence

Now for ONCE I am NOT going to provide ANY editorial comment from my peanut gallery venue but ....... :blushing::fencefall::fireworks::devil: IF JB tried to ingage EITHER of these gentlemen during the session!

Let me set the scene in front of my computer screen...

Jaw dropped open
Eyes wide
Head shaking side to side
Tears running down my face
Vocal cords paralyzed

There are truly NO WORDS.

WOW!!!!

JURISPRUDENCE

Thursday — Session I
Forensics 101

Holy dueling experts Batman! :) Huntington and Haskell are presenting this session together?

Huntington and Haskell are on opposite sides of this case. Isn't JB planning to use Huntington to say that Haskell doesn't know what he is talking about? Or am I thinking of someone else?

Holy dueling experts Batman! :) Huntington and Haskell are presenting this session together?

Huntington and Haskell are on opposite sides of this case. Isn't JB planning to use Huntington to say that Haskell doesn't know what he is talking about? Or am I thinking of someone else?

Ding ding ding...We have a WINNER in the memory category!:fireworks2: and the topic just blows me away! :rocker:

OH YEAH, one of HASKELL's post doc students is presenting a paper about......wait for it.......household cleaners and the effects upon BLOWFLY maturation/growth/development @PMI!

YOU can not make this stuff UP! :Banane57:

Ding ding ding...We have a WINNER in the memory category!:fireworks2: and the topic just blows me away! :rocker:

OH YEAH, one of HASKELL's post doc students is presenting a paper about......wait for it.......household cleaners and the effects upon BLOWFLY maturation/growth/development @PMI!

the-mask-eye-pop-out-o.gif

Can somebody please get Kathy Belich on the line? This is too good to keep to ourselves .:great:
Joypath,
You have made my week ! and that's sayin' something since I was on a natural high from the hearing Friday and baby goats,Belvin and Perry making their debut!!!
Thank you for digging this out .
Hmmmm,wonder where they came up with those topics?:waitasec:

JURISPRUDENCE

Thursday — Session I
Forensics 101

*thud*

joypath, thank you for the ch!ts & giggles this evening! Yeppers, not even someone on a Magic Mushroom Trip could make this stuff up!!! lol :hypno:

You know, JB should really be embarrassed. He REALLY should! He is about as transparent as KC and her silly lies. I am continually amazed at the lack of dignity in these players. Moo.

Cats out of the bag Jose. Your expert witnesses now know you'll be stalking them at their convention! FOILED again!

Does anyone think he'll still show up at the conference, head hunting for new free expert witnesses, that will write what he wants to hear?

I do!
I don't think he'll bother now that his reports all need to be in before the conference anyway :)

Karn said:
I don't think he'll bother now that his reports all need to be in before the conference anyway

Non refundable fee??? He would never waste his dollars...but I don't get how he would or could have the nerve to approach these professionals about his case during this seminar, not that he wouldn't try for I feel this man doesn't have humility or embarassment ability....he's so far off the wall, he quacks when he walks...JMHO

His Honor has his number, he's stalling for not one expert is on board with his theory and they will NOT give false information just to fit in with his theory...all for nothing but poetic just the same...JMHO

Justice for Caylee

I didn't want to revive the old Steven Soderberg thread so I thought this would fit in the "irony" category. The KC curse keeps on hitting!!!

http://www.radaronline.com/exclusives/2011/02/woman-claims-married-director-steven-soderbergh-fathered-her-baby

Oscar-winning Traffic director Steven Soderbergh was sued Wednesday in New York by Frances Lawrencina Anderson, an Australian woman who claims he fathered the baby girl she delivered in August, and wants him to start paying child support.

Anderson said she had a tryst with the director while he was directing a play in Sydney

:floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

JURISPRUDENCE

Thursday — Session I
Forensics 101

So Joypath....set the scene for us here.

How many people usually attend these conferences? How "approachable" are these speakers?

How :loser: is Baez going to appear?

I WANT A SCENARIO I CAN PLAY OUT CONTINUALLY IN MY HEAD ON THIS BEAUTIFUL RELAXING SUNDAY....:great:

Non refundable fee??? He would never waste his dollars...but I don't get how he would or could have the nerve to approach these professionals about his case during this seminar, not that he wouldn't try for I feel this man doesn't have humility or embarassment ability....he's so far off the wall, he quacks when he walks...JMHO

His Honor has his number, he's stalling for not one expert is on board with his theory and they will NOT give false information just to fit in with his theory...all for nothing but poetic just the same...JMHO

Justice for Caylee

Isn't it ironic and rather unique, that a middle aged man embarking on a brand new profession after 8 failed attempts, would do so with all the zeal and false bravado that you might expect from a lawyer in their early twenties who aced the Bar exam on their first shot.
No self awareness there. NONE! lol!

JURISPRUDENCE

Thursday — Session I
Forensics 101

Now that is interesting.

One also hopes that OCSO is planning on having a few quietly un uniformed investigators wandering the halls in support of a different case that they are pursuing.

We have JB making pleadings to the court that this conference offers a "Unique opportunity" to advance the defenses case. And we have key prosecution and defense witnesses in the same room giving a joint lecture.

What happens if JB makes contact with not just Dr. Huntington, but Dr. Haskell?

Granted I would assume that attorneys from all sides regularly go to this thing to hear lectures and presentation from various experts that they will be working with and against, if for no other reason than to observe how the expert witnesses are in front of an audience, and get a feel for them for future court proceedings. But I am just not sure that JB is bright enough to know to sit in the back of the room, watch, listen and don't talk to any of them?

Given that JB has stated his purpose before the court, that this trip is key for his case, and not simply a personal CE experience. What would occur if he did make extra judicial contact with one of the states expert witnesses or attempted to discuss his case before them?

If these experts were willing to meet with him at this conference then what is keeping them from providing their reports before the deadline, which incidently has passed. It sounds to me that this group meeting JB wants is to get anything that collectively as a group this experts might offer because individually JB is up-the-creek. None of his experts can help his client. jmo

Justice for Caylee

BBM

I am wondering if he is planning to sit in the audience and try to come up with his badly needed defense theory during the Q&A. If the subject is household chemicals effects on blowfly larvae, and the keynote speakers are the two experts that will be testifying at trial, I can see where he would sit there making notes or recording it, and then trying to twist the facts and use their own words at this conference during the trial. I can even see him peppering them with question after question trying to come up with something that sounds even remotely plausible to use to create reasonable doubt. Trip up the experts and pick their brains at the same time. Yup! Sounds like something JB would do. JMO

Okay, here is the ultimate irony:

After a brief conference with Cheney Mason, Baez returned to the podium to mention to the judge that, "with the exception of maybe one or two experts, specifically the experts we are talking about now, have agreed to do their work pro-bono. They have not submitted any vouchers to the JAC, even though they've been appointed. Most of these experts are certainly doing it 'for the cause' as opposed for the slave wages that are offered by the JAC."

Yikes! Mr. Baez needs to think before he speaks! This is definitely not the way to make "nice" to the recently re-elected, African-American Chief Judge Belvin Perry, Junior! In addition, there is an assumption that pro-bono means the experts do not have to obey court orders!

Judge Perry addressed Baez rather elegantly by saying, "Mr. Baez, does the rules of criminal procedures.... make a distinction between whether they work for free, people that work at slave wages, the people that work at luxury wages, do they make a distinction between those folks, sir?

I had been wondering who had said it first! Thanks to Trials and Tribulations, we now know. And how ironic and awesome that not only was HHJP unfazed, he threw it right back at Baez! HA!

So Joypath....set the scene for us here.

How many people usually attend these conferences? How "approachable" are these speakers?

How :loser: is Baez going to appear?

I WANT A SCENARIO I CAN PLAY OUT CONTINUALLY IN MY HEAD ON THIS BEAUTIFUL RELAXING SUNDAY....:great:

Kentjbkent: Sorry for the delayed response, gotta sleep sometime! :floorlaugh:

MANY folks attend, it's constant traffic since there are so many specialties under one umbrella (I'm too lazy to dig out the actual membership #s right now but it's in the thousands, not all attend, tho!). Just as a simple example of the total traffic throughout the week: there are 5 pages , 3 col on each page of names of PRESENTERS/AUTHORS, many of whom will be present at least for his/her session ( and darn, once you've traveled in February to freezing COLD Chicago, ya might as well stay for the whole meeting!) There's constant interaction WITHIN members of the specific division and then intermingling throughout the conference at the exhibit hall or social sites. Speakers & all wear name tags, usually special color or some "tag" designates "who's who in the zoo" and SOCIAL amenities prevail. Business cards ARE exchanged as needed, business discussions are conducted USUALLY in private, after hours/at lunch/"stolen minutes"/etc.
NOW CELEBRITY SPEAKERS: are usually "cocooned" by members of the committee and interact "fitfully" with the masses as he or she CHOOSES! It depends upon the personality of the individual. Digressing here: :twocents: I witnessed one member of the case who is a TRUE "CELEBRITY" and is also a marvelous human being who shared HER enthusiasm and TIME with medical technology/clinical laboratory scientist students at a national meeting and left me glowing with pride over women in pathology!:rocker:

When sessions/workshops are going on, the hallways are rather empty, it's breathing/problem-solving time for the committee members. so a "lurking" JB would stick out like a sore thumb>>>>>find that huge couch to hide behind!:crazy: Pushing aside folks who ATTENDED and PARTICIPATED in a workshop or session to "engage" the speaker (s) would definitely result in some :maddening: "evil eyes":maddening: and "under the breath muttering"!:banghead:

BUT in short, JB could feel free to approach a presenter ANYWHERE at the conference as long as he was wearing his official badge!

Kentjbkent:
snip

BUT in short, JB could feel free to approach a presenter ANYWHERE at the conference as long as he was wearing his official badge!

I had the unique opportunity (sorry could not resist) to work as a volunteer at the 1994 AAFS annual meeting in San Antonio.

It is not easy to even find particular seminars if you didn't have the program to follow and know exactly which conference room each seminar was held in. There were hundrds and hundreds of people walking around every day, some with name tags, some without. Visitors are welcome to mingle, if they can even find the person they want to mingle with. If I remember correctly - it was a long time ago - the only time almost everyone is at the same place at the same time is the annual business meeting, and it is a sea of people all going into one room at the same time.

I wish JB luck in tracking down an finding his experts. Unless he knows that they will be presenting at a particular seminar, it will be like finding a needle ( a needle that does not want to be found, in my opinion) in a haystack.

OK, this is stupid but it's been bugging me. JB says the experts are working pro bono rather than for the JAC slave wages? Last I heard slave wages were.......$0.00. Pro Bono is.....$0.00. So he once again. Makes. No. Sense.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jlop
Back