Sidebar Discussion #8

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, agee with all you've said about GVS - although I did chuckle a bit when she would ask him a question and he would answer with that sliding way of his and she wouldn't say anything - just leave him to squirm and keep talking....not the best technique but in it's own subtle way it was kind of effective.

But would have liked her to pound him - I wonder if they sign any kind of a contract with him before he goes on the air?

It's also going to be funny when his Bud Geraldo steps up and bites him which he did a few times before and after the verdict, when Baez least expected it.

From the transcripts of GVS interview posted here, I say she did a reasonable job. But I would like to hear her say, "That really doesn't add up." Or, "That sounds ridiculous, given what we do know." That is likely her opinion of the situation so why should she be afraid to voice it? I am waiting for the day when we see an interviewer call JB on something and not let him evade all the time. Hal is doing that in print (YAY) but more need to be doing it, IMO.

From the transcripts of GVS interview posted here, I say she did a reasonable job. But I would like to hear her say, "That really doesn't add up." Or, "That sounds ridiculous, given what we do know." That is likely her opinion of the situation so why should she be afraid to voice it? I am waiting for the day when we see an interviewer call JB on something and not let him evade all the time. Hal is doing that in print (YAY) but more need to be doing it, IMO.

Agree - and I'm thinking someone needs to explain the difference to Jose between "a bomb", "bombing" and "da bomb".....just in case he isn't getting it...:waitasec:

Yes, agee with all you've said about GVS - although I did chuckle a bit when she would ask him a question and he would answer with that sliding way of his and she wouldn't say anything - just leave him to squirm and keep talking....not the best technique but in it's own subtle way it was kind of effective.

But would have liked her to pound him - I wonder if they sign any kind of a contract with him before he goes on the air?

It's also going to be funny when his Bud Geraldo steps up and bites him which he did a few times before and after the verdict, when Baez least expected it.

as to the bolded part.... I wonder if anyone has written his buddy and told him of the SP defense..... I would love to hear GR nail JB on that.. .. Not that it would happen.. but i sure would love to see it..lol

Has anyone asked or how does JB explain in his book whose idea it was to come up with the nanny story or how were they (George and Casey) planning on explaining to Cindy the disappearance/death of Caylee, when were they going to tell her? After George dumped the body, what was supposed to happen next? I can not wrap my mind around this. JB said in some interview that George told Casey that he "took care of it", meaning dumped the body, but nothing was actually taken care of! Caylee was still dead, dumped in close by woods and Cindy would need an explanation. It bugs me, the questions stop after George "took care of it".

Has anyone asked or how does JB explain in his book whose idea it was to come up with the nanny story or how were they (George and Casey) planning on explaining to Cindy the disappearance/death of Caylee, when were they going to tell her? After George dumped the body, what was supposed to happen next? I can not wrap my mind around this. JB said in some interview that George told Casey that he "took care of it", meaning dumped the body, but nothing was actually taken care of! Caylee was still dead, dumped in close by woods and Cindy would need an explanation. It bugs me, the questions stop after George "took care of it".
Baez never explained it in the book. The most he said was that George
most likely told Cindy what happened.

Okay so I have a confession to make - while crusing the news sites this morning, I saw a written blurb on Greta's interview with JB, and while readig one of them, the actual interview turned on.:what:

So I watched part of it and I had been concerned that she was "favouring" him during her questions - I watched her and was impressed she did not. She doesn't exactly challenge him in an aggressive way, and mind you, I didn't watch much. But I did see the part where GVS asked about her being the most hated person in America, and she does say that most people including her think FCA got away with murder.

Jose has that "don't hit me because I'm lying" smoozy look on his face and I laughed my head off at him insisting his family made this say "rat fingers" and Tourrettes Boy about Ashton and that it wasn't his idea at all.

Here's what I think about your GVS interview Jose ....

Bad Boy, Bad Boy, whatcha gonna do, whatcha gonna do when the they - the media - come for you. Cause for me that backlash is definitely on the horizon.:rocker:

BBM

LMAO the old "it was my family's fault!" defense?! Where oh where have we heard THAT one before? :waitasec: :floorlaugh:

You guys will get a :floorlaugh: out of this - left on my amazon review! LMAOROF

This guy was snotty saying my review 'prompted' him to read the book. Then he goes on to tell me he will make his own conclusions and decide for himself if to donate to a worthy cause.....then he says it is obvious that "your well written review is a work of an educated and probably a professional very close to the case"

:floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh: I could admit I am close to Team Sidebar but we wouldn't want to thwart his effort to figure out that 'bloggers' have brains too. Oooooooooh, I like that - if I ever start an official blog - I could call it Bloggers with Brains and you all can guest commentary!

Too funny - everything is a conspiracy in KC (and team) 's world!

This is a great idea!!! Let's all send an email to someone, I don't know who, I for one would love to hear what others have to say. I've been wondering, isn't there any cousins in this family? Didn't LA and FCA have any cousins, isn't there anyone on GA's side of the family???

------------------
Hi grammieto5, I'm with you. I just "feel" there is a lot more. It is odd when no one from the family comes forth, even to help. Maybe that is why they left Niles Ohio. We've only heard from Grandparents,one set and an Uncle. So many cases have people all over the place. :seeya:

Hi all, I have been thinking. Baez really angered me by calling a colleague "Tourette Boy". I have a nephew with Tourettes. I'll tell you he may have this but he also has more brains in his little finger than B. has in his whole body! he had a tough time in school but now works 2 jobs to put himself through college and is doing it. He unlike B. is a kind ,gentle, loving, 6'5" young man who is making something of himself. On top of everything else B. is vulgar. Thanks for letting me vent.:gthanks:

O/T but I had to share. I am sitting in a hospital room with my dh waiting for them to remove his appendix. I'm reading here trying to pass the time waiting for platelets to arrive. You see, he had a stent placed over a yr ago for heart disease and another one two months ago. He is on medication to stop platelets from clogging the stents. This is a problem now though because he must have surgery right away and they are concerned about bleeding. Thanks to all of you for giving me some good thought provoking material to keep my mind active instead of sitting here worrying.

O/T but I had to share. I am sitting in a hospital room with my dh waiting for them to remove his appendix. I'm reading here trying to pass the time waiting for platelets to arrive. You see, he had a stent placed over a yr ago for heart disease and another one two months ago. He is on medication to stop platelets from clogging the stents. This is a problem now though because he must have surgery right away and they are concerned about bleeding. Thanks to all of you for giving me some good thought provoking material to keep my mind active instead of sitting here worrying.
:hug: Sending my prayers to you, glad we can help you pass the :hourglass:

I'm reading the book online (for FREE on Amazon) and JB claims that CA called YM while he was at Universal with IT and told him about the pool ladder being left up on the day Caylee disappeared. Anyone ever hear this one before?

I just did my grocery shopping and while waiting in line to check out I thumbed thru the latest People magazine to see what their 'Strange lonely life of Casey Anthony' story would have to say.... there's nothing new in it apart from the statement that GA is "working on forgiveness and reconciliation" with Casey. FWIW.
Now it seems they have found a way to make a lucrative career out of Caylee, they shouldnt let a dead child stand in their way...!

I'm reading the book online (for FREE on Amazon) and JB claims that CA called YM while he was at Universal with IT and told him about the pool ladder being left up on the day Caylee disappeared. Anyone ever hear this one before?

I never heard that before and I doubt it is true. He would have questioned ym on the stand if it had happened then, right after he asked if ym asked fca uf she ever committed suicide.

Forgiveness would be the Christian thing to do. Also, a very hard thing to do under the circumstances with her accusations and JB's book making him appear to be a perv. I guess that is his choice but as far as reconciling with KC..all I got to say is he better watch his back if that happens. Think very hard about that one GA. You and CA just might of been in her sites before Caylee passed.

Okay so I have a confession to make - while crusing the news sites this morning, I saw a written blurb on Greta's interview with JB, and while readig one of them, the actual interview turned on.:what:

So I watched part of it and I had been concerned that she was "favouring" him during her questions - I watched her and was impressed she did not. She doesn't exactly challenge him in an aggressive way, and mind you, I didn't watch much. But I did see the part where GVS asked about her being the most hated person in America, and she does say that most people including her think FCA got away with murder.

Jose has that "don't hit me because I'm lying" smoozy look on his face and I laughed my head off at him insisting his family made this say "rat fingers" and Tourrettes Boy about Ashton and that it wasn't his idea at all.

Here's what I think about your GVS interview Jose ....

Bad Boy, Bad Boy, whatcha gonna do, whatcha gonna do when the they - the media - come for you. Cause for me that backlash is definitely on the horizon.:rocker:
She started off okay...and then kinda left Jose to ramble. OY!

Pulling this post from the "Legal Questions for our Verified Lawyers" thread because I do not want to hijack that thread.
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=8110701&postcount=1582

Tugela said:

I assume this discussion is based on your opinion, and not based on law?
BBM - I have to respectfully disagree. Caylee was Casey's child. Every witness on the stand that said what a "great mother" she was verified that Casey was in charge of and responsible for Caylee. Even Cindy claimed that Casey had Caylee with her ALL THE TIME (when she was not "working"). George described that fateful morning as a typical morning where Casey and Caylee left the house so that Caylee could be dropped off at the "babysitters" and Casey would then go on to "work".
There was NO indication that Casey left the house without Caylee and even the convicted liar herself did not make that claim. So why is this, in your opinion, the "more likely explanation"? Even JBs opening statement of fiction indicated that Casey knew what happened to Caylee.

I just don't get it.

You are depending on the claims of the people who would be next on the suspect list if she did leave Caylee behind, so obviously their testimoney cannot be relied on.

Caylee's body was found in the vicinity of the home, all the items found with the body came from the home. The implication is that Caylee never left the home and likely died there. So, if people are saying that Casey left with Caylee, and they also happen to be the next people on the suspect list, don't you think that perhaps they might not be truthful?

Then you have to look at Caseys behaviour after she left. She behaved like someone who believed that her child was safe with the grandparents. If that is not the case, then, according to the scenario you have laid out, we would have to believe that she is some sort of deranged psychopath that was the model of a loving mother, then, spontaneously and for no reason, killed her daughter as she was driving off and behaved like nothing happened, when it would have been much simpler to just leave the kid with the grandparents. Moreover, you would have to believe that in the absence of any evidence to corroborate that.

I don't believe all that for one moment. I believe that she left her child in the care of the grandparents, something happened, and the stuff afterwards was the family circling the wagons to protect one of their own, and that one was NOT Casey.

There is actually nothing at all connecting Casey to Caylee's death other than the ever changing accounts of her parents.

This is the red letter item for me. It is what convinces me that Casey is not responsible for Caylee's death, there is a far more likely explanation of what happened that fits the known facts. Most of the people I know who followed the trial (who are not WSers btw) have similar questions. That is why the jury acquited her.

If you think about it, and are honest with yourself, that explanation makes the family's behaviour before and after the trial make a whole lot more sense.

The issue with Casey is that people have this romantic idea about motherhood and what they expect in terms of behaviour. But in real life people often do not behave like that. Casey is without question one of those people. That, coupled with (in my opinion) an attempt to help cover what actually happened, is what got her into trouble. And once the image as a child killer has grasped the public mind, feuled by conviction in the media, it is incredibly hard to let that go. Once that happened a trial with the direst of consequences became inevitable, no politician would dare resist that, even once it became clear that the evidence simply was not there.

I remember seeing lawyers on CNN (Toobin I think, who is a former prosecutor) thinking that the case was overcharged. You can see their comments on the video clip here.

I think JB said this in opening statements if my memory serves me. What I am foggy on is, I thought Yuri M debunked it on rebuttal for the state. Someone correct me if I am remembering wrong.

You are depending on the claims of the people who would be next on the suspect list if she did leave Caylee behind, so obviously their testimoney cannot be relied on.

Caylee's body was found in the vicinity of the home, all the items found with the body came from the home. The implication is that Caylee never left the home and likely died there. So, if people are saying that Casey left with Caylee, and they also happen to be the next people on the suspect list, don't you think that perhaps they might not be truthful?

Then you have to look at Caseys behaviour after she left. She behaved like someone who believed that her child was safe with the grandparents. If that is not the case, then, according to the scenario you have laid out, we would have to believe that she is some sort of deranged psychopath that was the model of a loving mother, then, spontaneously and for no reason, killed her daughter as she was driving off and behaved like nothing happened, when it would have been much simpler to just leave the kid with the grandparents. Moreover, you would have to believe that in the absence of any evidence to corroborate that.

I don't believe all that for one moment. I believe that she left her child in the care of the grandparents, something happened, and the stuff afterwards was the family circling the wagons to protect one of their own, and that one was NOT Casey.

There is actually nothing at all connecting Casey to Caylee's death other than the ever changing accounts of her parents.

This is the red letter item for me. It is what convinces me that Casey is not responsible for Caylee's death, there is a far more likely explanation of what happened that fits the known facts. Most of the people I know who followed the trial (who are not WSers btw) have similar questions. That is why the jury acquited her.

If you think about it, and are honest with yourself, that explanation makes the family's behaviour before and after the trial make a whole lot more sense.

The issue with Casey is that people have this romantic idea about motherhood and what they expect in terms of behaviour. But in real life people often do not behave like that. Casey is without question one of those people. That, coupled with (in my opinion) an attempt to help cover what actually happened, is what got her into trouble. And once the image as a child killer has grasped the public mind, feuled by conviction in the media, it is incredibly hard to let that go. Once that happened a trial with the direst of consequences became inevitable, no politician would dare resist that, even once it became clear that the evidence simply was not there.

I remember seeing lawyers on CNN (Toobin I think, who is a former prosecutor) thinking that the case was overcharged. You can see their comments on the video clip here.

Hmmm - interesting - so are you saying Cindy and George dumped Caylee's body in the trunk and while FCA was driving it around - it smelled so badly, as FCA texted to her friends, that she didn't look in the trunk but somehow, while she was gone from home, either CA or GA sneaked over to Tony's, took Caylee's body out of the trunk and tossed it a few blocks from home, leaving her with the reeking car which she dumped at Amscott?

Or did I miss something before I came online?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeymourMann