Found Deceased NY - Jennifer Ramsaran, 36, Chenango County, 11 Dec 2012 - #12

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's my understanding Remy got the double ankle bracelet jewelry when he left lock up.

Yes, on that same blog Jennifer said her husband was her best friend.

Utter betrayal.

I think if GR manages to flee - and I strongly believe he'll have made a back-up plan - careers will be damaged and LE will hunt down those who gave him any help, and prosecute, I am sure. They'll be left to face the consequences.

If GR manages to flee with the children, careers and lives will be totally ruined, in my opinion.

I don't really see why he would head to Mexico - Suriname, Trinidad and Tobago and any of the (former) Dutch Antilles where he has relatives and business contacts seem more likely to me.

Does anyone know if he is fluent in French as well as Dutch? 12 years in Amsterdam makes me sure he would be. Probably speaks German too.

But if he has no bail conditions, isn't he free to go anywhere? Even with an ankle bracelet?

Are they hard to remove?
I guess we could ask the guy in Syracuse NY ( where Jennifer DIDN'T go in December) who tricked his, and within an hour had raped a 9 year old girl and killed her mother. If you know technology or have friends who do, it is possible to trick them and LE would think you were at home. But of course our suspect isn't that tech savvy, he said he was working from home the day Jennifer died yet HIS computer said otherwise.

Abigail: Here is the list. I was linked from NYS DMV to list of US territories; then a link to Carribean Regions (these would be not us owned but EDL acceptable). He could only travel by land or sea not air. I have an EDL most people use to go back and forth to Canada since I live close to Niagara Falls.

http://travel.state.gov/travel/cis_pa_tw/cis_pa_tw_3256.html

Caribbean Region
•Anguilla
•Antigua and Barbuda
•Aruba
•Bahamas
•Bermuda
•Bonaire, St. Eustatius, and Saba (BES)
•British Virgin Islands (includes Anegada, Jost Van Dyke, and Virgin Gorda)
•Cayman Islands
•Dominica
•Dominican Republic
•Dutch Caribbean
•Grenada
•Jamaica (except for business travel)
•Montserrat
•St. Kitts and Nevis
•St. Lucia
•St. Vincent and the Grenadines
•Turks and Caicos

Also here is the link on NYS Enhanced DL. They are not US enhanced only certain states allow for EDL's ones close to borders.

http://www.dmv.ny.gov/edl-faqs.htm

If someone could put their hands on a list of the Carribean destinations accessible with an expanded US drivers license, that would be helpful. With link. I can't find it so far, but have been working on a couple other angles.

I think it was Amanda (?) who posted that you could sail (cruise ship) to some, but not fly with the EDL. Could someone verify that with a link?

Also, if anyone happens to have info on which of these destinations does not have an extradiction agreement with the U.S. (with link), that would be helpful (maybe that should be p.m.'d for obvious reasons).

I think it would very much depend on who you talk to......

You know those engagement notices that go in a newspaper? I cannot imagine how it would go for anyone engaged to GR.

'Mr and Mrs so and so are pleased to announce the engagement of their daughter to Ganesh Ramsaran, currently on bail for the murder of his wife. Wedding is set for sometime after the verdict.'

I sincerely hope no-one has been foolish enough to become engaged to him, although I have a little hope he's been foolish enough to do it. It will give his lawyer a heart attack because it will go down like a lead balloon with a jury.

Thanks, Zwiebel. You may not have answered my question but you made me snort. LOL!!

Abigail: Here is the list. I was linked from NYS DMV to list of US territories; then a link to Carribean Regions (these would be not us owned but EDL acceptable). He could only travel by land or sea not air. I have an EDL most people use to go back and forth to Canada since I live close to Niagara Falls.

Caribbean Region
•Anguilla
•Antigua and Barbuda
•Aruba
•Bahamas
•Bermuda
•Bonaire, St. Eustatius, and Saba (BES)
•British Virgin Islands (includes Anegada, Jost Van Dyke, and Virgin Gorda)
•Cayman Islands
•Dominica
•Dominican Republic
•Dutch Caribbean
•Grenada
•Jamaica (except for business travel)
•Montserrat
•St. Kitts and Nevis
•St. Lucia
•St. Vincent and the Grenadines
•Turks and Caicos

Also here is the link on NYS Enhanced DL. They are not US enhanced only certain states allow for EDL's ones close to borders.

If someone could put their hands on a list of the Carribean destinations accessible with an expanded US drivers license, that would be helpful. With link. I can't find it so far, but have been working on a couple other angles.

I think it was Amanda (?) who posted that you could sail (cruise ship) to some, but not fly with the EDL. Could someone verify that with a link?

Also, if anyone happens to have info on which of these destinations does not have an extradiction agreement with the U.S. (with link), that would be helpful (maybe that should be p.m.'d for obvious reasons).
[/QUOTE]

Are you sure he can't fly with an EDL? What it says here seems to mean permanent US residents are excluded from having to carry a passport to those destinations, as long as they have 'required documentation'. It's a little unclear to me what that means.

http://www.getyouhome.gov/html/lang_eng/eng_at.html

Yes, on that same blog Jennifer said her husband was her best friend.

Utter betrayal.

I think if GR manages to flee - and I strongly believe he'll have made a back-up plan - careers will be damaged and LE will hunt down those who gave him any help, and prosecute, I am sure. They'll be left to face the consequences.

If GR manages to flee with the children, careers and lives will be totally ruined, in my opinion.

I don't really see why he would head to Mexico - Suriname, Trinidad and Tobago and any of the (former) Dutch Antilles where he has relatives and business contacts seem more likely to me.

Does anyone know if he is fluent in French as well as Dutch? 12 years in Amsterdam makes me sure he would be. Probably speaks German too.

For having so much knowledge he sure is a stupid, stupid man.

I don't think he will flee. That will be admitting guilt. I don't think he can comprehend that.

I do think he'll try. His background's equipped him with the knowledge to start a new life among relatives abroad in places where there are also strong links with the Netherlands, where he was born. Where a bit of money can go much further than in the US and he will likely be able to buy his freedom for a long time, if not forever.

It's no great leap for him, as it would be for someone who had never left the US before. The alternative is (probably) a life in jail. I think it's a no-brainer, even for someone who has consistently thought they were cleverer than they are.

I think I won't post links at the moment as I don't think the timing would be right, but I've just seen something that really makes me think a few Chenango stalwarts were out quietly searching for Jennifer, in the cold, just before she was found.

I'm sure Chenango residents always do as they are told, and as the sheriff had asked people not to search, and GR had supported that, I'm sure everybody listened and I'm mistaken.

But if I'm not, thank you so much for your efforts.

No. An EDL is both a driver license and a travel identification document for land and sea travel to return to the U.S. from Canada, Mexico and some countries in the Caribbean.

9. Do the Enhanced documents replace passports, passport cards or NEXUS cards?
Do I need an EDL/ENDID in addition to one of these other documents?

An EDL or ENDID does not replace a passport, passport card or a NEXUS card, but can be used in place of these documents to return to the U.S. from Canada, Mexico and some countries in the Caribbean. Contact your travel agent, your cruise line or the specific countries of destination to verify travel document requirements.

An EDL or ENDID is not acceptable for air travel between these countries.

A U.S. Passport Card is a wallet-size travel document that can only be used to re-enter the United States at land border-crossings or sea ports-of-entry from Canada, Mexico, the Caribbean, and Bermuda. The card provides a less expensive, smaller, and more convenient alternative to the passport book for those who travel frequently to these destinations by land or by sea.

A NEXUS card is also a WHTI-compliant document that is acceptable to travel by land, sea or air between the U.S. and Canada, Mexico, Bermuda and some countries in the Caribbean.

An EDL or ENDID is not acceptable for air travel between these countries.

A U.S. passport is acceptable to cross land, sea and air borders in countries worldwide.

What countries, territories and islands are considered part of "the Caribbean" under WHTI?

Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands (includes St. Croix, St. John and St. Thomas) are U.S. possessions. In addition, the U.S. State Department site has a list of the 17 countries, territories and islands that are not U.S. possessions but that are also part of "the Caribbean" under WHTI.

Caribbean Region
PrintEmail
Anguilla
Antigua and Barbuda
Aruba
Bahamas
Bermuda
Bonaire, St. Eustatius, and Saba (BES)
British Virgin Islands (includes Anegada, Jost Van Dyke, and Virgin Gorda)
Cayman Islands
Dominica
Dominican Republic
Dutch Caribbean
Grenada
Jamaica (except for business travel)
Montserrat
St. Kitts and Nevis
St. Lucia
St. Vincent and the Grenadines
Turks and Caicos

Looks like you need an actual passport or nexus card for air travel. With an EDL or Passport Card (we have) you can travel by land or sea. The countries listed are the ones that accept EDL to get in... US Virgin Islands, Puerto Rico, Canada, Mexico, and those listed from the Caribbean. There is limited cruise ship schedules- especially out of NY this time of year. Though I suppose he could fly south to catch a ship.... Seems risky to board a flight. His family being in NYC seems like a likely place he would leave from. JMO. The kids do not need a passport to cruise on ship..... But I don know if there birth certificates would be enough to get them across the border. And they would have to have documentation that their mother is deceased. Part of me wonders... With the similarity in looks between JR as ES... Did JR have a passport that ES could use and pose as the child's mother to get across? Just a thought I had. Hopefully Tuesday he will be thrown back behind bars.... I'm doubtful though since the same judge is presiding. Are there any links between GR or GRs family/friends and this judge?

I did take a peek and I can't find any cruises that leave before Tuesday out of NY. Found one 6/2 and 5/30 out of NYC or NJ and to countries in list. I was going to post the full details on them but I don't want to help with travel arrangements!

I know it sounds a bit far fetched, but I was wondering about GR maybe sneaking out on a cargo ship sailing out of Florida? He has import export business and family links there.

I've no idea what port security is like there, but I'm guessing it might be easier to sneak out of the US than into it?

I know it sounds a bit far fetched, but I was wondering about GR maybe sneaking out on a cargo ship sailing out of Florida? He has import export business and family links there.

I've no idea what port security is like there, but I'm guessing it might be easier to sneak out of the US than into it?

Unless he flew it would take a good 24 hrs to drive to Florida straight through.... If he tried to board a flight it seems it would be too risky. Going to the airport and getting spotted screams running away. Canada is very close and NYC is not so far... Especially when he has family he could "visit". I really hope his bail is revoked Tuesday. He is the definition of flight risk!

He may be too arrogant to consider flight. May think he of course won't be convicted. I would guess he would be the type to want to testify and his lawyers will have to hold him back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zerofoxgiven