Found Deceased NY - Jennifer Ramsaran, 36, Chenango County, 11 Dec 2012 - #12

Status
Not open for further replies.
I suspect everyone who supported GR's original stories about Jennifer believed he would always support them in return.

I think they're about to be disillusioned.

New Evening Sun update. Sent a message and asked if someone to paste it on FB J4J page since I can't see the whole thing. The DA says “the People are ready to proceed.”
Oh yeah everyone add tags to the new thread please.
http://www.evesun.com/news/stories/...ury-indicts-Ramsaran-to-be-arraigned-Tuesday/

If someone has the subscription, they are allowed to post the highlights (paraphrased) here -- such as any new details.

I wonder if Brian Golden is peeved with us (and esp. J4J) for printing the rest of an article that's only supposed to be accessible through subscription? That might be the reason he's not posting JR comments on 30 seconds.

Either way I am in town Tuesday hopefully I can make it if J4J needs representation. It's a couple hours away so depending on what time :)

would love to see you there! :)

Apparently it's unusual to be given bail on a murder charge so I guess the judge must have considered GR a low flight risk and no threat to others?

In a way I hope he doesn't lose his job - there might be something left over for the children if he still has some money coming in. Somehow I doubt it though. I suspect every last cent possible will be drained in legal fees.

apologies in advance if someone else already mentioned this (i'm still catching up)... if job is lost, then no life insurance for the kids, since premiums aren't being paid via his paycheck? he did say in MSM that he had taken life insurance out on jen years ago, and the policy had not changed at the time of that interview (Joe Mahoney, Daily Star). yet another blow, if that's the case.

:jail:

Well.... they ought to be sensitive. I can't find it now but way back they had an editorial that was less than complimentary to the people who thought GR did it, and their coverage was shamefully lacking throughout.

I remember that editorial but had forgotten it was the Evening Sun. However, that would have been the old editor. He left a couple months ago, and Brian Golden is the new editor.

I believe we should affirm Brian as much as possible -- he has been stepping up to the plate and putting out some good articles this month. We want to encourage that to continue, since the Evening Sun is the Chenango County home town paper.

(from J4J) Tuesday morning at 8:45 in the CHENANGO COUNTY OFFICE BUILDING, not the Chenango County Courthouse. Judge Revoir will be presiding. Bail increase/revocation requests should go to the district attorney -NOT the judge for admission through proper channels to avoid any defense grounds for arguing the defendant was prejudiced. FAX BAIL INCREASE/REVOCATION REQUESTS TO DA JOE MCBRIDE, AT 607-337-1746 or call 607-337-1745.

apologies in advance if someone else already mentioned this (i'm still catching up)... if job is lost, then no life insurance for the kids, since premiums aren't being paid via his paycheck? he did say in MSM that he had taken life insurance out on jen years ago, and the policy had not changed at the time of that interview (Joe Mahoney, Daily Star). yet another blow, if that's the case.

Life insurance payouts would be determined not by present employment, but by whether the policy was active at the time of Jennifer's death. I'm not sure about the policy that GR purchased way back when, but currently, the policies are purchased through Prudential, and an employee can purchase up to $200,000 for a spouse. But I think, actually, that once the employee purchases the policy, it becomes private property, not related to whether or not the employee continues at IBM.

In the event of a suspicious death, most life insurance companies will withhold payment until after the trial. If the beneficiary of the policy (assuming it would be GR) is found guilty, then I believe the payout would go to a secondary beneficiary (if one was named). If no secondary beneficiary was named, there will probably not be a payout (not sure about that, need to investigate).

If GR is acquitted, or the charges are dropped prior to trial, then my guess is that the insurance company will request a civil trial (similar to what happened with OJ).

Well if you told me you were drowning, I would not lend a hand*
I've seen your face before my friend, but I don't know if you know who I am*
Well I was there and I saw what you did, I saw it with my own two eyes*
So you can wipe off that grin, I know where you've been*
It's all been a pack of lies*

And I can feel it coming in the air tonight, oh Lord*

Phil Collins - In The Air Tonight (Official Video) - YouTube

I'm am putting some info together for the DA regarding flight risk, and want to get it sent over to him as soon as possible. I am including details about the family's import/export business, as connections to destinations in Canada or the Carribean would be pertinent, IMO. I was able to confirm that the family's export business includes connections in St. John, New Brunswick, Canada as well as West Palm Beach, Florida (we were assuming that the Ganesh Ramsaran of WPB import/exports was a different guy, but I believe I have confirmed it is the same).

Could anyone who's been sleuthing to that end contact me -- the more documentation I can gather for the DA, the better.

"Ganesh Ramsaran said he used a GPS tracking application to locate his wife’s iPhone on the side of a road in Plymouth on Dec. 12."

Amazing Apple has no problem attaching a GPS locator to the phones. Why does it seem to be a problem to attach one to a person arrested and indicted for murder???

I'm am putting some info together for the DA regarding flight risk, and want to get it sent over to him as soon as possible. I am including details about the family's import/export business, as connections to destinations in Canada or the Carribean would be pertinent, IMO. I was able to confirm that the family's export business includes connections in St. John, New Brunswick, Canada as well as West Palm Beach, Florida (we were assuming that the Ganesh Ramsaran of WPB import/exports was a different guy, but I believe I have confirmed it is the same).

Could anyone who's been sleuthing to that end contact me -- the more documentation I can gather for the DA, the better.

just wanted to say that this post is full of awesomeness.

If someone could put their hands on a list of the Carribean destinations accessible with an expanded US drivers license, that would be helpful. With link. I can't find it so far, but have been working on a couple other angles.

I think it was Amanda (?) who posted that you could sail (cruise ship) to some, but not fly with the EDL. Could someone verify that with a link?

Also, if anyone happens to have info on which of these destinations does not have an extradiction agreement with the U.S. (with link), that would be helpful (maybe that should be p.m.'d for obvious reasons).

can someone confirm whether or not the children have passports?

:banghead: Someone insists on going down with this sinking ship. "Accident and cover up" my lily white arse.

:floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh::

screenshots screenshots!!! Let's save it for the collection!!

Guess she didn't get the memo that 2nd degree in NY doesn't preclude premeditated murder and carries a sentence of 25 years to life

Life insurance payouts would be determined not by present employment, but by whether the policy was active at the time of Jennifer's death. I'm not sure about the policy that GR purchased way back when, but currently, the policies are purchased through Prudential, and an employee can purchase up to $200,000 for a spouse. But I think, actually, that once the employee purchases the policy, it becomes private property, not related to whether or not the employee continues at IBM.

In the event of a suspicious death, most life insurance companies will withhold payment until after the trial. If the beneficiary of the policy (assuming it would be GR) is found guilty, then I believe the payout would go to a secondary beneficiary (if one was named). If no secondary beneficiary was named, there will probably not be a payout (not sure about that, need to investigate).

If GR is acquitted, or the charges are dropped prior to trial, then my guess is that the insurance company will request a civil trial (similar to what happened with OJ).

Right....payout would depend on if policy active at the time if death. Employees can take out the additional coverage for a spouse with low premiums while employed through the company- however, if they leave or fall below minimum criteria established by the company (hours, status etc) they generally can keep policy in force by maintaining premium payments at increased rate since company not putting in their portion - so instead of being like $5 a month it would be $50 a month etc...of course payout would likely be held up until resolution of Jenn's case...with funds going to contingent beneficiary or her estate if GR found guilty.

I tend to agree with magicfeu's post above - I think the children/Jennifer's estate will receive a payout eventually. I don't think GR would have to continue making payments on Jennifer's policy after she was deceased, so as long as payments were up to date when she died, I'd think the policy was valid.

I also thought I read something in the IBM bumpf about health insurance options for maintaining policies after an employee leaves. I hope they're still in place for the children.

I tend to agree with magicfeu's post above - I think the children/Jennifer's estate will receive a payout eventually. I don't think GR would have to continue making payments on Jennifer's policy after she was deceased, so as long as payments were up to date when she died, I'd think the policy was valid.

I also thought I read something in the IBM bumpf about health insurance options for maintaining policies after an employee leaves. I hope they're still in place for the children.

If a person leaves their place of employment, they can usually continue health insurance through Cobra -- they keep the same policy, but have to pay the full premium. But GR would have to make that decision and keep up with the payments, which would probably be around $1000 or more a month.

Jillian: I just wanted to say that this is a great thing that you are doing :rockon:
I wish I knew more info. to give you. The only thing I can think about is that with a NYS enhanced driver's license GR could travel to Mexico and take the kids with him, and we would probably never see them again. Also, if it's true that GR has judgements against him for unpaid bills, why would he care about the property because he would eventually loose it anyway if creditors are after him for enough money. If I'm not mistaken GR might be able to declare bankrupcy and still keep his property...not sure but the laws have changed in NYS. Does anyone know if GR could still keep some of his property and declare bankrupcy? Just trying help. I think the judge will agree with the DA if we give them enough info., especially since this request would be coming from the pubic.

Have just caught up. Had stayed away a while as nothing seemed to be happening.

Glad there is finally some action!

I feel for the poor kids. Lost Mum, and looks like Dad did it.

If he has been running around town with his mistress it won't do him any favours!

Guess the hair dye (bleach) was a good story - nice try.

It bugs me the comments he made about how she had changed, pretty much saying the kids didn't like her much now. That she spent $300 on herself - ha! She had lost weight and needed new clothes I bet! Feeling good about losing weight, looking after her appearance, probably trying to keep her husbands interest!

On her blog (linked earlier by someone) it said that her worst nightmare would be to lose her family in a tragic accident. Tradgedy it seems to be, but not by accident.

RIP JR, let the arrogant up himself <Mod Snip>rot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member