Found Deceased NY - Jennifer Ramsaran, 36, Chenango County, 11 Dec 2012 - #12

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thinking about the low bail, all I can come up with is his probable clean criminal record, as far as I know, anyway. I guess that might make a judge think he is a low flight risk.

But honestly...I still do not understand it. Why should anyone charged and indicted for murder of a spouse be allowed to remain free? The evidence must be there, as LE seems very cautious these days in bringing charges.

I especially hope that it can be easily shown that she was killed in the house, as that tumbles down his whole wall of lies about "kissing her in the check when she left" to go
"shopping" for her daughter's dress and HIS surprise gift. Ugh.

I cannot come up with many other such cases where the spouse remained free awaiting trial.

"The couple's three children are expected to be the focus of a custody battle. While Ramsaran had been jailed, the children had been staying with their maternal grandparents, Thomas and Carol Renz, who also own a home on Sheff Road in New Berlin."

Sounds like they no longer are... Had is past tense. I'm reading too much into that sentence, right?

Medically, I think I have a lot in common with Jen from what I've read... The fibromyalgia and sleep issues (insomnia, light sleeper). The Rheumatologist has given me muscle relaxers.... Perhaps he slipped too many to her? The Fibro makes getting good sleep very difficult. Having three kids, I often will lay back down in the morning after I get my oldest off to school, my middle one fed and occupied, and the baby napping. The kids say they saw her and someone chatted with her. Maybe it was on her initial wake up. Perhaps she showered (helps with morning muscle pain and stiffness) and either layed back down to rest a bit if something happened in the bedroom or maybe the bathroom the horrible act occurred. For some reason he brought up hair color and cutting. Maybe it was totally a lie since he was trying to paint her as running away.... Or maybe he focused on the bathroom because that's where it happened and his mind keeps going there- physically he didn't for awhile.

Does anyone remember the quote where he said nothing was in the house.... It was odd.... Are there any other structures on the property?

I do hope you're reading too much into it...if the school is not permitting him on campus, that tells me he must not have custody. Hope so!!

I agree that she might have gotten up, and then gone back to bed after the kids got off. Because of the DA's statement, I'm leaning toward the murder happening when she was in bed...sleeping...or drugged. I think the bathroom is also a good probability, but then why would the DA mention "slept naked?"

I think the hair color was a red herring. Not sure though.

Yes, I remember him saying there was nothing in the house. I also remember him saying a lot of other stuff that turned out to be lies. And...he did tell the media that the search was really "scary." I can't think of any good reason that an innocent person would find a search scary -- I would find it inconvenient -- having to leave my home and not be able to use the computer for 4 days, embarrassing (when they discover all the dust bunnies under the bed)...but not especially scary. There's other structures on the property (at least one), but LE searched everything -- even the woods.

Does the same judge preside over the superior court as the town court?

This site lists:
Supreme Court Justice
Hon. Kevin M. Dowd

http://www.nycourts.gov/courts/6jd/chenango/supreme.shtml

I'm not clear as to whether "superior court" means the same thing as "supreme court" -- I certainly hope so, and I hope that the Judge Dowd will consider the safety of the living victims with regard to bail.

ETA: Judge Dowd presided over the Dell'Olio case in '92 -- at that time, I believe he was county judge - became supreme court judge in 99. So...not sure who will preside at either the arraignment on Tuesday or the trial itself.
http://www.nytimes.com/1993/12/05/nyregion/a-sentence-of-therapy-in-a-slaying.html

I've been reviewing some of the murder cases in Chenango county and based on other murder cases, it looks like Judge Dowd is the one who will preside over the arraignment on Tuesday following the Grand Jury indictment, and that he does have power to increase or reduce bail, or to remand GR into custody without bail.

Let's :please: for the right decision this time!!

Oh bother!! Just read on J4J that NY state doesn't consider public safety when determining bail -- only flight risk!!

But...some folks here went to great lengths to investigate the probabilities of flight risk what with the expanded driver's license and possibility of 2nd citizenship -- perhaps someone could put all that together and send it over to D.A. McBride's FB site? (can anyone post on his site or do you have to be a friend?)

I think these three posts would be helpful to send, with details from a US citizen who knows how easy it is to get to these destinations, and a European who knows how easy it is to hide there, and how difficult it could be to get a fugitive back. I wonder if the judge has been made aware GR is multilingual, and how many contacts/friends/family he probably has in other countries? How easy it could be for him to disappear if he speaks Dutch without a trace of an accent?

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Found Deceased NY - Jennifer Ramsaran, 36, Chenango County, 11 Dec 2012 - #11 *ARREST*

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Found Deceased NY - Jennifer Ramsaran, 36, Chenango County, 11 Dec 2012 - #11 *ARREST*

I'm not a facebooker so I can't post them, I'm afraid. I can't see what's happening about the dresser now, either :(

I found the map of where JR was found, amberdawn has the link at the end of her recent post. What a coincidence. Thank you for looking anyway, zwiebel. I guess I was near the right location yesterday. I must say it seemed like an odd place to pick. With houses nearby. Also, I submitted a post the other day to 30 seconds (evening sun reaction forum) about the missing dresser, but it didn't show up. I wonder if my writing was too personal. I wrote that "Jennifer Ramsurans' mother" is looking for the dresser. Maybe that goes against some type of rule they have there. Maybe I'll try again, but will be a bit more vague this time. I hope they find it, just for some type of comfort right now.

I've been reviewing some of the murder cases in Chenango county and based on other murder cases, it looks like Judge Dowd is the one who will preside over the arraignment on Tuesday following the Grand Jury indictment, and that he does have power to increase or reduce bail, or to remand GR into custody without bail.

Let's :please: for the right decision this time!!

Oh bother!! Just read on J4J that NY state doesn't consider public safety when determining bail -- only flight risk!!

But...some folks here went to great lengths to investigate the probabilities of flight risk what with the expanded driver's license and possibility of 2nd citizenship -- perhaps someone could put all that together and send it over to D.A. McBride's FB site? (can anyone post on his site or do you have to be a friend?)

Even better, send the Judge this link: 'Deja vu'?

http://www.today.com/news/video-missing-mom-susan-powell-reveals-she-feared-her-life-6C10042727

Video of missing mom Susan Powell reveals she feared for her life

Thanks, it would be compelling if the judge were permitted to consider public safety with regard to bail. It seems that flight risk is the only factor that's allowed for consideration.

Flight risk?.. Well, let's see. We have a calculating multilingual marathon runner, without an ankle bracelet, who has ties to foreign countries, and a drivers license that may allow him to board an international flight at will.

The Judge in this case has no clue, nor does he want one, imo.. Bet if GR lived in his neighborhood, the bail would have been significantly higher. If the Judge was required to set bail so low, the prosecutor wouldn't have asked for a no bail ruling, imo..

You can link to Facebook, and say 'check out this post on FB' you can not discuss it here. It is considered rumor and not allowed. Who is running the FB pages or what they are allowing now has nothing to do with Jennifer's case so lets keep the conversation on Jennifer.

:tyou:

For some reason the seem to be censoring comments about Jennifer Ramsaran on 30 seconds. Have talked to several people that have complained because they never got posted ...yet many other OT things got posted. I really don't get it. Maybe we should all send a post today and see how many they let through.
We can post about the dresser and bail http://www.evesun.com/30seconds/submit/
Possibly someones feelings got hurt when we said they were not covering her and ... the response was that they were. Seem sensitive.
https://www.facebook.com/theeveningsun?fref=ts

That Susan Powell video is chilling. What a beautiful woman, I wish she had left him and went underground- very rare that I agree with that. :(

Can someone update me on the status of GR and his gf? It seems to me I read somewhere that they are STILL together? And possibly engaged? Or did I make that up?

I want a Joe Mahoney T-shirt. And I cannot, cannot wait until the trial is over and Joe will be completely free to tell the whole story he knows, exactly the way he wants to.

Be afraid people, be very afraid. He knows, you know........

zwiebel I do have to tell you though and if I said this already guys i'm sorry, but the shirt he was wearing when he got arrested was the same shirt he had on that day we seen him! My daughter and myself laughed a lot about that! Also I heard from a great friend today that the kids school has a NEW security system in place and you now have to be approved to get into the door! She was so relieved because she has 2 boys that go there, and a certain persons she said are NOT allowed in the doors!!! :floorlaugh:

Yikes nanasbabes, that sight must have given you a nasty turn! I think I'd have needed counselling.

Thanks for the update about school security. It's sad that things like that are necessary now, but better safe than sorry. People in the community need some peace of mind now, after everything that's happened.

I want a Joe Mahoney T-shirt. And I cannot, cannot wait until the trial is over and Joe will be completely free to tell the whole story he knows, exactly the way he wants to.

Be afraid people, be very afraid. He knows, you know........

I get the feeling he has a lot to say and can't wait to say it.

That Susan Powell video is chilling. What a beautiful woman, I wish she had left him and went underground- very rare that I agree with that. :(

Can someone update me on the status of GR and his gf? It seems to me I read somewhere that they are STILL together? And possibly engaged? Or did I make that up?

I think it would very much depend on who you talk to......

You know those engagement notices that go in a newspaper? I cannot imagine how it would go for anyone engaged to GR.

'Mr and Mrs so and so are pleased to announce the engagement of their daughter to Ganesh Ramsaran, currently on bail for the murder of his wife. Wedding is set for sometime after the verdict.'

I sincerely hope no-one has been foolish enough to become engaged to him, although I have a little hope he's been foolish enough to do it. It will give his lawyer a heart attack because it will go down like a lead balloon with a jury.

I think it would very much depend on who you talk to......

You know those engagement notices that go in a newspaper? I cannot imagine how it would go for anyone engaged to GR.

'Mr and Mrs so and so are pleased to announce the engagement of their daughter to Ganesh Ramsaran, currently on bail for the murder of his wife. Wedding is set for sometime after the verdict.'

I sincerely hope no-one has been foolish enough to become engaged to him, although I have a little hope he's been foolish enough to do it. It will give his lawyer a heart attack because it will go down like a lead balloon with a jury.

I just got a message that said, "Zwiebel just made me lmao" Yup and you just made me lmao too! Too funny!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MarthaPrirl