Sheri Coleman, sons Garett and Gavin murdered 5-5-09, Columbia, IL. Pt7

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think LE should take that tribute video and project it on the walls of CC cell 24 hours a day.
JMO of course.

I get your point - you want CC to suffer! I do too, if he is convicted of committing this crime. However, if he was able to commit the crime against his family I doubt seeing a tribute video 24/7 would phase him much.

You'll need to think of something far worse! :)

I haven't bothered to read all the previous posts - simply too many that I didn't want to bother. However, please elaborate on what you mean regarding the last dinner?

Has actual news come out regarding drugging / last dinner, or is this merely a theory being discussed?

Thanks.
It is rumored that Chris prepared dinner the night before the murders which was something he did not normally do for the family. It has not been confirmed. Possible drugging has been discussed as a theory for why he would step of his normal behavior to cook.

I get your point - you want CC to suffer! I do too, if he is convicted of committing this crime. However, if he was able to commit the crime against his family I doubt seeing a tribute video 24/7 would phase him much.

A 24/7 video of JM's highlights perhaps?! ;)

Howdy Dogwood,

Thanks to the link to that scrubs photo/article. I had seen it the day it came out, but I had lost the link. When I read "stains on them" -- I didn't necessarily think blood, but maybe paint. I can't see anything in that photo, per stains. I wonder if any of our expert graphic WSrs can enhance that photo and see what/where.

Today I used this very scientific method, when looking at the scrubs photo ;) i.e a ruler! :) I thought, what size person would those scrubs fit? The length of the legs looks a little short, but maybe not, seems that the leg length would work on both of the men in that photo (although a skosh short on the one) -- how tall was CC? The waist width looked like it could work on a man -- but it didn't seem really wide, a spindle axxed fellow could wear them I guess.

So what stains were on those -- AND I really wonder if there were any rags with paint thinner smell found in any of those cans (of course, was that spray paint oil or water based.)

about that camera.... it is not that good. It is not a 'ninja' camera. The camera is attached to the pole where the tornado siren is, on top of a big hill where a giant water tank is, by the apartments. Yes, it is high, but blocking it's view from where it is, is still a giant set of apartments, some trees and at least 2 dozen houses. I don't see a way that the camera could have zoomed in on anything that far away, like the house in question. I was told and I can see and reasonable understand that all it may be able to do is keep watch on the cars the drive in and out of that entrance. Keep in mind though, that there is no camera that watches the new second entrance to the subdivsion. The new entrance has been done for about 3 months now so anyone could have gone through there.

You're working too hard. Just paste the link in the post, let vBulletin do the rest. I fixed things up by doing that.

I don't understand. All I'm doing is copying and pasting once, and it posts multiple links like this morning. And if I copy and paste those links to the next thread they multiply and so on. If I try to edit them, then the post format goes wacky. So I finally just left them alone to do what they do. For example, I just highlighted then copy and pasted below the links you fixed just as you left them and below is what happens.

Thread One:

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=83880"]Police: 3 Found Dead in Illinois Home - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]
[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=83880"]Police: 3 Found Dead in Illinois Home - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

Thread Two:

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=84162"]Sheri Coleman, sons Garett and Gavin murdered 5-5-09, Columbia, IL. Pt2 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]
[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=84162"]Sheri Coleman, sons Garett and Gavin murdered 5-5-09, Columbia, IL. Pt2 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

Thread Three:

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=84242"]Sheri Coleman, sons Garett and Gavin murdered 5-5-09, Columbia, IL. Pt3 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]
[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=84242"]Sheri Coleman, sons Garett and Gavin murdered 5-5-09, Columbia, IL. Pt3 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

Thread Four:

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=84312"]Sheri Coleman, sons Garett and Gavin murdered 5-5-09, Columbia, IL. Pt4 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]
[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=84312"]Sheri Coleman, sons Garett and Gavin murdered 5-5-09, Columbia, IL. Pt4 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

Thread Five:

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=84367"]Sheri Coleman, sons Garett and Gavin murdered 5-5-09, Columbia, IL. Pt5 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]
[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=84367"]Sheri Coleman, sons Garett and Gavin murdered 5-5-09, Columbia, IL. Pt5 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

Thread Six:

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=3797132#post3797132"]Sheri Coleman, sons Garett and Gavin murdered 5-5-09, Columbia, IL. Pt6 - Page 47 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]
[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=3797132#post3797132"]Sheri Coleman, sons Garett and Gavin murdered 5-5-09, Columbia, IL. Pt6 - Page 47 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

This case clearly needs it's own forum heading. What say you admins??

Wrinkles,

First off, thank you for your posts! I enjoy your gift of looking over every detail. My contribution is usually more psych-related and it intrigues me to watch those who are forenthics-gifted!

Can we go back in time to when the bales were being discussed? I remember discussing them and thinking you guys were beating a dead horse. Now I'm rethinking that, of course! There were bales of hay in the backyard for shooting arrows? Were all the bales still bound after the murders took place? Was LE looking over the bales? I'm not sure why they were brought up in the first place.

Thanks!

This case clearly needs it's own forum heading. What say you admins??

Lola,

Usually cases with their own forum involve an unsolved case with lots and lots of players. This case is "basically solved" and will have ups and downs, but will dwindle down pretty quickly, IMO.

:blowkiss:

Put me on the jury, I can think of something.

Can we go back in time to when the bales were being discussed? I remember discussing them and thinking you guys were beating a dead horse. Now I'm rethinking that, of course! There were bales of hay in the backyard for shooting arrows? Were all the bales still bound after the murders took place? Was LE looking over the bales? I'm not sure why they were brought up in the first place.
I'm not sure if you meant this questions exclusively for Wrinkles, but I'll chime in anyway.

The bales of straw were against the back of the Coleman home, near the sliding glass basement door. They appeared in photos on the PD website for about a week after the murders, and then the pics disappeared. In two photos, LE was examining the open window and the torn screen door.

The bales were removed at some point during the first week.

The straw bales set off alarm bells for me because there were immediate rumors that SC and the children were strangled with wire. As it happened, I had just given myself a cut requiring stitches a few days before when I carelessly cut the wire on a straw bale in my back yard. That wire is nasty stuff and very flexible.

I seriously doubt that the Coleman children were shooting arrows into bales against the back of the house, and the bales didn't have a target painted on them.

I doubt it, Jack. The camera is up by the entrance into the subdivision and the house is quite a little ways away from it back farther in the subdivision. I would almost bet it couldn't have "seen" anything back there. :frown:

Fox just showed the camera and the security company just did a demo with it and it picks up quite a bit. It is very high tech with great zoom ability.

Fox just showed the camera and the security company just did a demo with it and it picks up quite a bit. It is very high tech with great zoom ability.
That is really interesting! I figured it was a typical lousy low-res security camera.

about that camera.... it is not that good. It is not a 'ninja' camera. The camera is attached to the pole where the tornado siren is, on top of a big hill where a giant water tank is, by the apartments. Yes, it is high, but blocking it's view from where it is, is still a giant set of apartments, some trees and at least 2 dozen houses. I don't see a way that the camera could have zoomed in on anything that far away, like the house in question. I was told and I can see and reasonable understand that all it may be able to do is keep watch on the cars the drive in and out of that entrance. Keep in mind though, that there is no camera that watches the new second entrance to the subdivsion. The new entrance has been done for about 3 months now so anyone could have gone through there.

You need to watch FOX news today and see if they do the report again. The security company did a demo with the camera. It's pretty high tech.

I'm not sure if you meant this questions exclusively for Wrinkles, but I'll chime in anyway.

The bales of straw were against the back of the Coleman home, near the sliding glass basement door. They appeared in photos on the PD website for about a week after the murders, and then the pics disappeared. In two photos, LE was examining the open window and the torn screen door.

The straw bales set off alarm bells for me because there were immediate rumors that SC and the children were strangled with wire. As it happened, I had just given myself a cut requiring stitches a few days before when I carelessly cut the wire on a straw bale in my back yard. That wire is nasty stuff and very flexible.

I seriously doubt that the Coleman children were shooting arrows into bales against the back of the house, and the bales didn't have a target painted on them.

Yes, I agree that they are flexible. My mom had horses when I was a kid!

But there was a report that CC used piano wire. That seems strange to me as we haven't heard anything about them being in the music ministry for the church or having a piano. Plus, I'm sure it's not all that easy getting piano wire out of a piano. And if he looked ahead and bought it from a music store, I'm sure that would stand out like a sore thumb during the investigation.

The bale wire makes more sense. All the bales appeared to be bound in those early pics, right?

That is really interesting! I figured it was a typical lousy low-res security camera.

Did you see it on Fox?
It's very much like the ones they use on the front of the helicopters.
The one at the water tower in Columbia catches everything in a 360 degree perimeter.

I was just thinking about the possibility of the murders being committed with baling wire too. It would look really set-up if the murder weapon just happened to come from a bale of straw that just happened to be against the house right near where the murderer was supposed to enter the home. Almost like someone was trying to walk the detectives through a storyline... Nope, if a muirderer had come to the house to do his deed he would have come prepared with his own weapon.

You need to watch FOX news today and see if they do the report again. The security company did a demo with the camera. It's pretty high tech.

I saw a report on that last night too...it zooms in pretty good with pretty decent resolution. The only thing I wonder about is the obstructions between it and the house...and even though it zooms in pretty good, I'm not sure it would zoom that far. Although it could have certainly picked up CC's vehicle and anything inside on the seats maybe and whether or not he was alone, what he was wearing and any details about or within the vehicle very easily I would think and be able to zoom in on all of it. And of course, document the times he was in and out of the subdivision. :)

I was just thinking about the possibility of the murders being committed with baling wire too. It would look really set-up if the murder weapon just happened to come from a bale of straw that just happened to be against the house right near where the murderer was supposed to enter the home. Almost like someone was trying to walk the detectives through a storyline... Nope, if a muirderer had come to the house to do his deed he would have come prepared with his own weapon.

Somewhere on one of the news videos I saw the police unloading two bales of hay from the back of an SUV at the police station. They were wrapped up in some kind of white plasticy/netty type covering when they unloaded them. Wish I could remember which local news channel it was....it totally escapes me now...but I definitely saw it! :waitasec:

But there was a report that CC used piano wire. That seems strange to me as we haven't heard anything about them being in the music ministry for the church or having a piano. Plus, I'm sure it's not all that easy getting piano wire out of a piano. And if he looked ahead and bought it from a music store, I'm sure that would stand out like a sore thumb during the investigation.
It's not at all easy to get piano wire out of a piano. If you were to snip a piano wire, the wire would fly around and you would definitely get hurt. To replace a piano wire, you have to use a special hex-type wrench to loosen the wire. That tool is not something that anyone but a piano tuner would likely have around the house. And, like you, I haven't heard of the Colemans being involved in music in any capacity.

The bale wire makes more sense. All the bales appeared to be bound in those early pics, right?
Yes, they were all bound and tidily stacked against the back of the house. However, there are usually at least two, and often three, wires wrapped around the width of the bale. The bales are so compacted that the wires are under tremendous pressure. To avoid having one snap and put someone's eye out, they have to distribute the load over more than one wire.

If you were to remove one wire from a bale, it wouldn't fall apart immediately.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member