2009.04.24 Nancy Grace

Status
Not open for further replies.
Drew Petramore............Law and Order episode that parallels this case - there's a lot of similarities

Jean C. asking Drew P. about the L&O episode next week that parallels this case. Those associated with the show said don't follow it too closely it doesn't exactly follow this case.

Leslie Austin, PhD saying that the script for L&O could pollute the jury pool.

The format for a L&O SVU episode is that usually the outcome is very different than what is expected off the bat. Therefore, I think the episode will make the viewer think that this young mother had somethign to do with the murder but then in the last 5-10 minutes you find out she didn't. I think this could taint the jury pool in favor of the defense :-/

Talking about the fight, saying that the fight was over the money Casey took from her grandparents

Talking about Casey stealing money. Comparing statements GA/CA made to LE vs. what they said in deposition.

Showing more of CBS interview. CA: "After I made the first 911 call, Casey thanked me in the car. I did something she couldn't do ~ go to the police." :boohoo:

I find it disturbing to look at the TV screen with that text message Cindy sent about integrity sitting there.

Civil attorneys have filed a motion with the judge to compel CA to answer questions.

Latish Vance............a lot of interesting new witnesses added to the state witness case.

Firearms and toolmarks.........looking for any evidence on the body and injury to the body - or car, looking for a cause of death. Trying to tie the suspect to the scene. May be evidence we haven't seen.

New experts (5) added to state witness list. Firearms/toolmarks, veterinarians, etc. One is from the FBI.

Toolmark expert would be looking for any evidence linking defendant to placing the body at the scene, possible injury to the body. We don't know what's in the autopsy report; trying to put little pieces together to present a solid case to the jury.

Another expert specializing in fish/wildlife/environment. Testimony would probably be related to site where Caylee was found; dissecting what might be out of place at the scene. Ecosystems. Will help with the timeline also.

Barry Baker - US Dept. of Interior - fish and wildlife on the witness list...........will be looking for anything that's out of place. If there's any evidence on the packaging of the remains that might suggest that the body was moved from one place to another.

The format for a L&O SVU episode is that usually the outcome is very different than what is expected off the bat. Therefore, I think the episode will make the viewer think that this young mother had somethign to do with the murder but then in the last 5-10 minutes you find out she didn't. I think this could taint the jury pool in favor of the defense :-/

I sure hope you're wrong, but after years of watching L&O of every variety, I have to agree that it's probably what will happen. :bang:

Marc Klaas talking about a concerted internet effort to get the A's disinvited from the victims' conference they were supposed to attend. :clap:

Gloria A: haven't heard from the A's regarding justice for Caylee, focus only on their daughter. Chosen to be supportive of Casey rather than Caylee.

Marc Klaas..........talking about the conference, saying that people on the Internet worked to see that the Anthonys were dis-invited.

Gloria Allred.........nothing from the family in the way of justice for Caylee, as they're being supportive of their daughter rather than their granddaughter

Anyone else notice they seem to be emphasizing the gum-chewing tonight? At one point, although the voice-over was typical, the video of Cindy chewing gum is speeded up.

Jean C. asking LP about what the A's said on tv. He thinks that GA/CA at this point are making a mockery of their own parenting of Casey. To sit there to try to convince the public that the public doesn't know the truth is making a mockery of their parenthood. Trying to taint public opinion.

Brad Cohen: doesn't think A's all over tv in interviews would be good for potential jury pool.

Banner on bottom of the screen: CA: "I cancelled on Oprah because of integrity."

Snipped by me

Jeez! What the heck does that sentence even mean? Besides more mangling of the English language and grammar, there's CA trying to have the upper hand again. Who cancelled who? Who are you more apt to believe? Its not like Oprah is the same kind of show as The Jerry Springer Show. I believe O has considerable integrity-seeing as she axed the Columbine show, and I'm not an O fan at all.

I liked what LP said and it is so true, for them to support Casey because she is their daughter, no problem, to try and make the public believe that they don't know what the truth is...problem.

MK believes there will be a connection made by the state between where Caylee was found ~ to the car ~ to the home. Once they do that it will be a slam dunk.

(music to my ears, Marc!!) :)

Marc Klaas...........he thinks the prosecution will link the car, the wood and the house together and link Casey to it.

Latish Vance.........AH and RK are balking at having their records made available to the defense

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GreyFishOmen