2009.04.24 Nancy Grace

Status
Not open for further replies.
The defense might think they will cast some doubt by throwing some others under the bus but the bottom line is that they are not on trial and the judge and DA is going to oppose bringing any other person into the tesimony. They have to show that Casey maybe didn't do it and that is different from showing that 'someone else' maybe did.

I only saw a banner today at the gym (they didn't have the close captioning on) and the banner said something about the defense saying many things are unknown blah blah blah. I don't think the defense has a clue what they are in for. Not a clue.

The format for a L&O SVU episode is that usually the outcome is very different than what is expected off the bat. Therefore, I think the episode will make the viewer think that this young mother had somethign to do with the murder but then in the last 5-10 minutes you find out she didn't. I think this could taint the jury pool in favor of the defense :-/

The good thing is that the prosecution can ask potential jurors during voir dire if they watch Law & Order, and/or if they watched this particular episode. This will help to eliminate problems with jury tainting.

A good prosecutor will know about this type of television programming that has aired. That is why they have legal assistants, and paralegals--to research for any type of potential parallel-type subject matter.

Of course, it has never hurt to have a "bug put in one's ear" by someone in the know to someone who needs to know, either.

I have been known to drop a line to a few prosecuting attorneys when I have run across something that might help them in trying a particular case.

Unfortunately, I am not a watcher of Law & Order, so unless I hear specifically what next week's airing is about (after it has aired), I would not feel comfortable passing that information on, in this instance.

I am almost sure, however, that someone here will start a thread about the program, especially if it DOES seem to be a "spin-off" of this real-life tragedy.

It will be interesting to read what the episode is all about.

The good thing is that the prosecution can ask potential jurors during voir dire if they watch Law & Order, and/or if they watched this particular episode. This will help to eliminate problems with jury tainting.

A good prosecutor will know about this type of television programming that has aired. That is why they have legal assistants, and paralegals--to research for any type of potential parallel-type subject matter.

Of course, it has never hurt to have a "bug put in one's ear" by someone in the know to someone who needs to know, either.

I have been known to drop a line to a few prosecuting attorneys when I have run across something that might help them in trying a particular case.

Unfortunately, I am not a watcher of Law & Order, so unless I hear specifically what next week's airing is about (after it has aired), I would not feel comfortable passing that information on, in this instance.

I am almost sure, however, that someone here will start a thread about the program, especially if it DOES seem to be a "spin-off" of this real-life tragedy.

It will be interesting to read what the episode is all about.
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=82553&highlight=order

When it comes right down to it, what else can the defense DO at this point but posture? Even Jose must be astute enough to realize how badly the deposition appearances by GA/CA hurt Casey. Pity for the grandparent was a card that could be played .......... and now that card is gone.

Thank you, JBean, for this link. I figured there would be a thread for it eventually, I just didn't think there was one already. I will go now to read it, and will follow-up next week after the episode has aired.

(When I saw your post right after mine, quoting mine, I was almost afraid to look at the link. I thought I had said/done something wrong and was being reprimanded. I am SO glad to see that I was wrong. :) )

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Val in PA