Identified! OK - OSBI Needs Help to ID Woman In Photo *Resolved*

I don't think it looks that much like Tara either and I also am pretty sure that I read that her mom has passed away. The woman in the pic looks to me like she is asleep and has a robe or is wearing a night gown. I suppose the authorities believe there is something wrong or they wouldn't be asking for help from the public though.

I think the article says something about the photo being hurriedly "cleaned up" for publication------there was obviously something in that picture which has been touched up to make it benign enough to publish. I think the area around the mouth looks airbrushed, and it's possible that tape was removed, or blood, or wounds.....

If the article hadn't said that, I'd agree it could just be someone drifting off to sleep. But after reading that, I look at her little face and just see such resignation and hopelessness.

I hope she is identified and found soon.

SS,
I can't remember, did Tara's hair have a reddish tint to it? Yes, if you will go look at post #3 above...you can see the reddish tint quite readily.
Eerily that does look like Tara doesn't it? I believe it does.
This is from the article,
The forensic artist was called in most likely to fill in certain areas of the picture. I said that in the #3 post. It looks like the area around her mouth was photoshopped. I also think possibly around her neck area, too. The plastic cord looks out of place sticking out of her hair and could have been 'removed' from her neck by photoshopping.
If the service station where the picture was found had cameras, they could possibly give LE the tapes. There may be more clues. People don't usually carry that type of photo around. Purcell, OK (5858 pop.) is a small town and so I would be surprised if they did have cameras there. However, being a small town...people notice others as being "out of place or strangers", but it is also less than a mile off of I-35 giving it easy access to the interstate. No one carries around photos like that to my knowledge!

I found this,which explains imo that the woman in the picture was disfigured and certain elements of her face had to be painted in. http://www.forensicartist.com/

Thanks for looking that site up! Very interesting!

Here are the pics of Tara Calico. Hmmm...does resemble her..doesn't it?! Ah, you could very well be onto something. It does look like possibly the artist redid her mouth area which would fit the other pics of her having duct tape over her mouth. Surely, the OSBI is well aware of Tara's case. Strange. The photo in my opinion does look aged. There also appears to be a plastic tie perhaps around her head. See the white thing? Doesn't look like any kind of a hairtie to me...but more like a plastic cord or line. Her clothes look like 70s style, too.

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/c/calico_tara.html

unidentifiedwoman_0607.jpg
calico_tara3.jpg
calico_tara.jpg

It does resemble her a lot but the women in the photo seems to have much thinner eyebrows.

This poor woman also resembles Tara Grinstead.

This poor woman also resembles Tara Grinstead.
She does in a way, but I just checked all the later pics of TG and the bangs are long. The girl in the photo has decidedly short bangs.

The eyebrows in OSBI photo look like TC's, but look to be 'plucked' so they are thinner.

i'm really bad with comparisons so i don't know about her looking like TG - but her bangs are long. they are just pushed back away from her face (straight back).

my husband also pointed out that she has a ring around one eye (a black eye maybe?).

I saw the eye, too, and thought it looked like the kind of heavy, dark ring a person might get if she was very, very tired or even drugged out.

Regarding the bangs, even if they are short rather than long, couldn't they have been cut at some point? Tara has been missing for nearly two years (who knows how old this picture is). Check out this site: http://www.findtara.com/

There is a picture of Tara G. on the homepage that is at about the same angle as this unidentified girl in the photo. To me, the girls' noses are similar in length and shape.

This is so strange. Purcell is a small town (my parents live there) and I, too, truly doubt that there were any cameras at the gas station. Most everyone knows each other and people do pay attention to what is going on. I just hope and pray this turns out to be nothing but a sleeping lady, but it certainly does not appear to me to be someone sleeping. Purcell is still reeling from the Jamie Rose Brolin murder......it is such a great little town and people there truly care about others. When things happen there if affects everyone. I pray they will find the identity of this lady quickly.

my husband also pointed out that she has a ring around one eye (a black eye maybe?).

In the before missing photos of Tara C., you can make out dark lines under her eyes which is a natural thing for some people with allergies, women during their period, when they are tired, &/or drunk/drugged. This happens mainly to fairskinned women which she appears to be. I don't see any swelling or redness around her eye area to indicate a black eye due to trauma or force.

i'm really bad with comparisons so i don't know about her looking like TG - but her bangs are long. they are just pushed back away from her face (straight back).

If you will look carefully at the wood piece next to her face and hand, you can clearly see shorter, cut pieces of the "bangs" area of hair laying up onto the wood. Looking at her before missing photos, you can see how back in the 80's, she wore her hair with those 'fluffy' bangs cut right at the top which I used to call, "waves" because of the way the girls hairsprayed them high into the air for that "big hair" look. Then bangs weren't cut down into the sides of the hair, but more on top.

This is so strange. Purcell is a small town (my parents live there) and I, too, truly doubt that there were any cameras at the gas station. Most everyone knows each other and people do pay attention to what is going on. I just hope and pray this turns out to be nothing but a sleeping lady, but it certainly does not appear to me to be someone sleeping. Purcell is still reeling from the Jamie Rose Brolin murder......it is such a great little town and people there truly care about others. When things happen there if affects everyone. I pray they will find the identity of this lady quickly.

Awww, I am sorry Purcell had to go through the Jamie Rose Brolin case, too. What an awful thing to have happen anywhere!

I agree as I grew up in a small community. When something happens, it does affect the entire town. I hope people in Purcell are aware of this OSBI photo and talking tho. Their input could be critical to finding the person who took the picture then left it. This isn't a normal photo and obviously the girl is/was in a dire situation. This person is worse than brazen, IMO. He is extremely coldhearted and viciously cruel. He needs to be found and put away for life!

My fear is the person just whipped off of I-35, dropped it off, and drove back onto the interstate, then out of the area before he was noticed. They don't mention where exactly they found it, but I doubt if it was readily noticable giving the perp time to be far away when it was found.

Another thing that stood out to me was the amount of space between the back of her ear and her hairline. Something is off there, maybe the forensic artist drew that part of the hairline in.

I was checking out unidentified victims on DoeNetwork and found:

The Doe Network:
Case File 365UFOK
365UFOK.jpg
365UFOK1.jpg
365UFOK2.jpg

Reconstructions of Victim

Unidentified White or Hispanic Female

• [*]The victim was discovered on August 29, 2003 in Cole, McClain County, Oklahoma.
    [*]Estimated Date of Death: Between 6 and 12 months prior to discovery
    [*]Intact Skeletal Remains
    [*]Cause of death is unknown but being treated as a homicide, the victim may have been strangled.
Vital Statistics

• [*]Estimated age: 15 - 20 years old
    [*]Approximate Height : 5'1" - 5'3"
    [*]Distinguishing Characteristics: Likely to have had red or reddish-brown hair. Old fracture to the left side of nose. No tattoos or scars. Sketches made from photographs of the female's skull showed her to have Native characteristics.
    [*]Dentals: She had extensive dental work performed. She still had her wisdom teeth.
    [*]Clothing: No clothing or jewelry.
Case History
The skeletal remains were found on August 29, 2003, in a ravine on a heavily traveled county road, just north of highway 74B on May Avenue. The medical examiner has not been able to identify a cause of death.

Investigators
If you have any information about this case please contact:
Oklahoma State Bureau of Investigation
405-848-6724

You may remain anonymous when submitting information.

NCIC Number: U-9000005200
DTE number: 20031118
Please refer to this number when contacting any agency with information regarding this case.

Source Information:
Oklahoma State Bureau of Investigation
The Purcell Register 3/25/04

unidentifiedwoman_0607.jpg

365UFOK.jpg
365UFOK1.jpg
365UFOK2.jpg

Top: Photo found at gas station
Bottom: Reconstructions of unidentified victim

Does anyone think that the hand and arm displayed in that photo looks rather odd? It appears that the palm is facing up, therefore it would have to be her right hand and it would be awkard for her to have her hand/arm turned that way. And, the thumb appears to be under that piece of wood. Is that a painted wall with a wooden trim at the bottom? Something about this photo is very strange. Is that someone else's hand attempting to turn the face?

Lady Sleuth
jmho

Another thing that stood out to me was the amount of space between the back of her ear and her hairline. Something is off there, maybe the forensic artist drew that part of the hairline in.

Yes, it does look like that was photoshopped to me, too. I went to wiredness.com and looked at this photo different ways to see if I could tell what might be photoshopped. It looks like there might have been a cord or something coming around her neck and ending there. Her mouth and chin have definitely been shopped.

Does anyone think that the hand and arm displayed in that photo looks rather odd? It appears that the palm is facing up, therefore it would have to be her right hand and it would be awkard for her to have her hand/arm turned that way. And, the thumb appears to be under that piece of wood. Is that a painted wall with a wooden trim at the bottom? Something about this photo is very strange. Is that someone else's hand attempting to turn the face?

Lady Sleuth
jmho

Now that you mention it...it does look very odd. Hmmm...lemme ponder that one a bit.

The hand doesn't look odd to me. I picture her lying on her side with her arm bent and her hand under her head, just like I sleep? LIke if you were sitting up and leaned your head on your hand?

I'm ending each comment w/? cause I'm not sure I am explaining right or maybe I am not viewing right.

Sable, the woman in the photo looks much younger. In the drawings, it appears more to me that woman could be Native American perhaps and older.

The hand doesn't look odd to me. I picture her lying on her side with her arm bent and her hand under her head, just like I sleep? LIke if you were sitting up and leaned your head on your hand?

I'm ending each comment w/? cause I'm not sure I am explaining right or maybe I am not viewing right.

Look more carefully at the hand in the photo. Notice the line coming from the center of the wrist up to where there is a normal creasing of the thumbline. It is backwards of what you are describing. It has the thumb trailing off to the right instead of back towards the head...meaning the fingers are under her head. Try doing that with your own arm. It would mean you would have to use your right hand on the left side of your face.

If she were trying to untie or prevent something from choking her..she could have crossed her arms in the front and come 'down' on her right arm at that angle perhaps. (Or had her arms crossed in front in a defensive position.) It is all I can think of to put her hand in that particular position.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa
Back