GUILTY OH - Two women & child killed, 13yo abducted, Apple Valley, 10 Nov 2010 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
TR/CR Lookup results for matthew hoffman

Case Number Name DOB Offense Date Status
08TRD05206
HOFFMAN, MATTHEW J 11/01/1980 SPEED 68/55 11/10/2008 FIN
of 1

Think this is him

I don't think this girl and her posts from last night have anything to do with Sarah being found. Just IMO. I don't think she would be online posting today if she had info that led them to Sarah - seems like LE would have her stay off the computer and say nothing further to anyone.

don't forget... sheriff said he will be arraigned tomorrow. more charges could be pending on this animal... especially after medical evaluation and questioning of Sarah

I have been looking for that specific facebook post last night to no avail. I know we have to be careful with names and minors and rumors, but it really seems there is something connecting that post and the miraculous rescue of Sarah. Can anyone tell us more specifically about that post?

An 11-year-old girl made several posts to the FB page stating that she or a friend had been texting with Kody and she knew what happened. She posted this several times and other posters were annoyed and ignored her. I think her posts have been removed.

don't forget... sheriff said he will be arraigned tomorrow. more charges could be pending on this animal... especially after medical evaluation and questioning of Sarah

More charges ARE pending against him.

I keep thinking about what a real creep Hoffman must be - to have Sarah bound & gagged in a basement - and surely knowing that all of Ohio, and the rest of the country for that matter, was talking about this case.

I wonder if he's been holed up in his house watching TV, or going out & about hearing peeps talking about the missing family & Stephanie?

Was he getting some perverse thrill out of all this - or just enjoying his power over a little girl until he got caught.

Someone who could do all this doesn't give me a lot of hope for finding Kody, Tina or Stephanie. :(

But I'll keep praying that LE breaks Hoffman quickly & they're found.

This is a very disturbed guy who did this. Even after reading many of these cases, I still am dumbfounded by how stupid some of these criminals really are. I mean did this guy really believe that he could kidnap a young girl and keep her in his basement without anyone finding her? Do these people not think about what will happen to them when they are finally caught? :waitasec:

She commented under a DS (male) post- about 49 minutes ago.

There seems to be a lot of pretty young people posting on that FB page.
TY.

Yes, some seem to be schoolmates, friends or family. And now another rumor long after several family members begged for only confirmed info and positive comments/prayers.

Donna Davis also was the one that mentioned she saw a body bag being carried out.
I am just assuming here (yes I know.. makes an a$$ of me LOL) but I am sure they had her shrouded and it could have initially appeared to be a body if the woman didn't see a face, etc...

just guessing here.

the locals are BESIDE THEMSELVES.

((I am too! I grew up in this area!! And this kind of stuff just doesn't happen!))

This is a very disturbed guy who did this. Even after reading many of these cases, I still am dumbfounded by how stupid some of these criminals really are. I mean did this guy really believe that he could kidnap a young girl and keep her in his basement without anyone finding her? Do these people not think about what will happen to them when they are finally caught? :waitasec:

He probably did think he could do it... because it's been done. There has been several cases of young girls kept for weeks or months in "dungeons."

Then you have Jaycee Dugard...Elizabeth Smart... Shasta Groene...

It generally takes law enforcement "missing" something or letting the suspect go when they have them right there after the abduction... but they do get away with it. For longer than a week... and he may not have intended to keep her for much longer... who knows?

That reminds of the Starling/Lecter conversation in "Silence of the Lambs":

Dr. Lecter: First principles, Clarice. Read Marcus Aurelius. "Of each particular thing, ask: What is it in itself? What is its nature?" What does he do, this man you seek?

Clarice: He kills women.

Dr. Lecter: No, that is incidental. What is the first and principal thing he does, what needs does he serve by killing?

Clarice: Anger, social resentment, sexual frustration …

Dr. Lecter: No, he covets. That's his nature. And how do we begin to covet, Clarice? Do we seek out things to covet? Make an effort to answer, now.

Clarice: No. We just …

Dr. Lecter: No. We begin by coveting what we see every day. Don't you feel eyes moving over your body, Clarice? And don't your eyes seek out the things you want?
yes woof... covet... I think this has something to do with whatever happened

I have to go..my pork tenderloin is done I'm willing to share!)

Where's the dog???

I think they somehow knew they would find Sarah there and just hoped it might be more than just her.

Barber said a combination of intelligence information received and investigative work led authorities to the home. Authorities were hoping they would find all four people, but knew they might only find Sarah Maynard, he said.
http://www.cnn.com/2010/CRIME/11/14/ohio.family.missing/index.html?hpt=T1

Hoping to find all 4 but KNEW they might only find Sarah?? :waitasec:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads