GUILTY OH - Two women & child killed, 13yo abducted, Apple Valley, 10 Nov 2010 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
does anyone have mh's dob?

I'm looking for it nervous...It has also been mentioned that MH may be using another name....just to add to the confusion. Someone had some court records pulled up. I'll see what I can find. Just want to add this is not verified.

Mom and pal are out to look for an apartment.... for Mom as she is losing her home. Perp goes to home as Mom is usually at work, but mom had planned on playing hookie that day from work in lieu of apartment hunting. Perp breaks into home to wait on young girl to arrive from school, she arrives with brother. Brother is eliminated immediately at home as girl is prize. Blood is brothers. While in the commission of this mom and pal arrive. He neutralizes situation and disposes of all somewhere secluded. Girl is kept tied up at home while he does this, he then takes girl and dog, to his home. Uses dog to try and control girl.... once girl is at his home, he no longer needs the dog. They dump the vehicle close to his home, and walk with dog. Dog is then released or disposed of, usefulness is done. Just a thought..... Sorry for how morbid I think

It's very likely he had one of the women drive Tina's truck.....to make it appear that they had left of their own will. It's likely that he had already 'shown his interest' in Sarah....and we know someone was harmed in the house....so it isn't much of a stretch that Tina was told to drive the vehicle....to follow him in her vehicle......while he drove with Sarah (and possibly Kody) in his car. I'm thinking that the '11 year old girl' on FB *might* have been telling the truth....and may have recieved texts from Kody regarding what was happening. The ONLY real reason I say that is because I think Kody is just young enough to assume he doesn't have a cell phone....and I think his mother's and Stephanie's phones were taken and discarded or destroyed.

ETA: I'd be searching like crazy around the perp's house on Apple Valley. I'd also be looking around the house on Columbus Rd.
One good thing going for this family is that his prior crimes appear to be nonviolent in nature. I think it takes a LOT to go from arson to murdering 3 people and a dog.....so maybe they are tied up somewhere. My fear is that they saw him, recognized his face/voice. If they knew who he was, it's unlikely he'd ever let them go alive. moo.

just my thought... but he killed them at the house... used the truck to dump them on the way... parked it... and forced Sarah to walk back with him to the house

just speculation

If he killed them at the house, the girl would know that, wouldn't she? I guess they don't indicate they are looking for the others alive.

Three others reported missing in the same incident have not been located.

The sheriff said that the owner and occupant of the home where Sarah Maynard was found has been arrested and they hope he will lead him to the three persons still missing.

I forgot to mention in the Steamboat Pilot article I posted above that MH's first and middle names were reversed, as was pointed out by someone at FB. A FB poster also mentioned the following re: the same person:

‎"8 years later the same name gets a speeding ticket in mount vernon & has a apple valley address under matt j hoffman".

It might be worth checking public records for John Michael Hoffman.

A - 481 King Beach Drive, Howard, OH Tina Hermann home
B - 13787 Magers Road, Howard, OH 43028 Stephanie Sprang home
C - 3730 Apple Valley Dr, Howard, OH 43028 Matt Hoffman Parents home
D - 9781 Laymon Road, Gambier, Ohio 43022 Hermann's truck found
E - 49 Columbus Rd, Mt. Vernon, OH 43050 Matt Hoffman home - Sarah Maynard found here
map2.jpg

Here's another link to his sentencing hearing in Steamboat, Color. Interesting, it says he was given 8 years jail and 5 years probation. Wonder if he's still on probation and had it transferred to Ohio?

In Steamboat before he went to jail, he worked for a plumber. It said he installed a garbage disposal on the residence he eventually started the fire in after he robbed it. The judge was very unhappy with him because he jeopradized so many lives. He pourd 10 gals of gas around the condo before he started the fire!

JMHO
fran

PS...fwiw, he apologized for setting the fire, but I think now we know he didn't really mean it! :mad:

http://www.steamboatpilot.com/news/2001/jan/04/man_gets_eight/

Man gets eight years for arson

Can someone link me to an article talking about the fire in the abandoned building, if possible?

Cell phone pings could be how they found Sarah... but if so, then why haven't they found the other 3?? Wouldn't at least 1 of them have had a phone too?

Okay... so why remove the other 3 if you are only interested in the teenage girl?

Shaniya type case: The other 3 leave willingly to avoid the situation being discovered.

Shasta type case: The other 3 are removed so that bodies are not discovered, which would raise the alert level significantly. If 3 bodies and a missing kid are found, that's huge. If a missing family is found, they might be assumed to have left together.

However, if the goal is to reduce alarm, then the blood defeated the point of this anyway. Seems like a lot of work to go to for very little benefit. Maybe to maintain control of Sarah you take the other 3?

No scenario really makes sense with that blood being there. I just don't see any good reason to take all 4 if you only want 1. :waitasec:

I think it's quite possible that Sarah was separated from the other three soon after she arrived home from school.

The best case scenario is that the other three are locked in the basement of an abandoned house. The worse case scenario is that all three are deceased and concealed somewhere.

We have to take into account that LE discovered a significant amount of blood in Tina's home. :frown:

May I ask how this Hoffman came into the picture?

I had just wondered whether the BF normally spent nights at a friend's or whether it was conveniently this night that he had (this was before I read articles that involve Hoffman).

May I ask how this Hoffman came into the picture?

I had just wondered whether the BF normally spent nights at a friend's or whether it was conveniently this night that he had (this was before I read articles that involve Hoffman).

I think that he came about via the little girl that spoke up on facebook last night. I could totally be wrong, but to find him (the perp) so soon, and with Sarah alive.. some information came about quickly and around the same time.

FWIW...just to keep the information posted here accurate, the girl on FB last night never said that SHE received texts from Kody. She said that a friend/classmate had gotten texts from Kody and since she said 'he' got them from Kody it would be assumed to be a boy classmate. NONE of that is confirmed as true, however, and it is just as likely that Sarah could have had a phone with her that led them to the address.

jmo

I think that he came about via the little girl that spoke up on facebook last night. I could totally be wrong, but to find him (the perp) so soon, and with Sarah alive.. some information came about quickly and around the same time.

I have been looking for that specific facebook post last night to no avail. I know we have to be careful with names and minors and rumors, but it really seems there is something connecting that post and the miraculous rescue of Sarah. Can anyone tell us more specifically about that post?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500