PA PA - Ray Gricar, 59, Bellefonte, 15 April 2005 - #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
It would be nice if this case could be resolved for his family and friends. Does anyone know how close this park area is to where he was last seen?
QUOTE]

Total Est. Time: 1 hour, 1 minute
Total Est. Distance: 55.37 miles

It would be nice if this case could be resolved for his family and friends. Does anyone know how close this park area is to where he was last seen?
QUOTE]

Total Est. Time: 1 hour, 1 minute
Total Est. Distance: 55.37 miles

Thanks Pandora.

Is that time/dist. calculation from Lewisburg?

How about from court house where he worked(didn't his coworker/friend Carolyn see him at courthouse which would have thrown LE's timeline way off...they never investigated this IIRC)

http://www.centredaily.com/news/local/story/358768.html

Found bones at least 20 years old

Pete Bosak

Human skeletal remains found Wednesday at Bald Eagle State Park are old — so much so that state police said Friday they are unlikely to be connected to any missing person cases of the past 20 years, including that of former Centre County District Attorney Ray Gricar.

The discovery of remains, found by people out for a walk along the lake, sparked speculation Thursday and Friday as to whether the remains could be those of Gricar, missing since April 15, 2005; Penn State student Cindy Song, who disappeared Oct. 31, 2001; or bartender Brenda Condon, who was last seen at the former Carl’s Bad Tavern in Spring Township on Feb. 26, 1991.
“We are fairly certain, and all of our preliminary reports from the anthropologist indicates these remains are not going to relate to any of those cases,” said state police Cpl. David Montresor. “The anthropologist believes they are much older. We are fairly certain they have nothing to do with any recent cases.”

Skeletal remains likely not related to missing persons cases

Human skeletal remains found Wednesday at Bald Eagle State Park are older, so much so that state police said Friday they cannot be connected to recent missing person cases — including the disappearance of former Centre County District Attorney Ray Gricar.
http://www.centredaily.com/news/local/story/356858.html
The discovery of remains, found by people out for a walk along the lake, sparked speculation Thursday and Friday whether the remains could be those of the missing former prosecutor or two other Centre County missing persons, Penn State student Cindy Song and Spring Township bar tender Brenda Condon.
“We are fairly certain, and all of our preliminary reports from the anthropologist indicates these remains are not going to relate to any of those cases,” said state police Cpl. David Montresor. “The anthropologist believes they are much older. We are fairly certain they have nothing to do with any recent cases.”
The bones and bone fragments were found in an area that is under water most of the year, Montresor said, but became visible when water levels were drawn down during the winter. Investigators are looking into the location of cemeteries that were moved to make way for the dam and lake.
Condon, a mother of two, disappeared from the former Carl’s Bad Tavern in Spring Township, where she was working as a bartender, the night of Feb. 26, 1991. The next morning, her car still was parked outside and her cowboy boots were found in the men’s room.
Hyun Jong “Cindy” Song went out with friends the evening of Oct. 31, 2001, and was dropped off at her apartment at about 4 the next morning. She was never seen again, her purse, driver’s license and credit cards gone with her.

http://ad.doubleclick.net/ad/mi.cdt00/News/Local;dcove=d;pl=story;lvl6=BreakingNews;loc=bts;=NTL3;sz=300x250;tile=3;ord=123456789?
Gricar was months away from retirement when he took off work on April 15, 2005, and told his girlfriend he was taking a drive towards Lewisburg, where his Mini Cooper would be found abandoned, his laptop computer in the nearby Susquehanna River.

http://www.centredaily.com/news/breaking_news/story/358264.html

Human bones found in a local state park last month have been determined to be those of two Native American individuals buried between 100 and 700 years ago.
The bones were found Jan. 23 in Bald Eagle State Park, about 40 minutes from Penn State. Although the discovery sparked discussion that the bones may have belonged to past high-profile disappearances, including former Centre County District Attorney Ray Gricar and Penn State student Cindy Song, authorities were quickly able to determine the bones were much older.
The bones were sent to forensic anthropologist Dennis Dirkmaat, of Mercyhurst College in Erie, for analysis.

http://www.collegian.psu.edu/archive/2008/02/14/bones_discovered_of_ancient_in.aspx

I am so disturbed by this....I hope he is in WPP because otherwise he's being ignored

Since Bellefonte police Detective Matt Rickard became lead investigator in the disappearance of former Centre County District Attorney Ray Gricar last year, he's read and re-read boxes of case files, police reports, witness accounts and forensic analyses.

District Attorney Ray Gricar speaks at the Attorney General's office in State College Thursday. March 31, 2005

He's reinterviewing anyone who knew Gricar, or may have some idea of what could have happened to him. He's pondering whether there's any significance to the disappearance in Gricar’s apparent interest in the case of an Ohio police chief who vanished in 1985. At least two of Gricar's co-workers recall him talking about it a decade or more later.
He's considered the implications of there being no fingerprints identified as Gricar's found inside his abandoned Mini Cooper the day after he disappeared on April 15, 2005.
He's even, in the last month or so, read an out-of-print science fiction murder mystery, after its author pointed out what she said were eerie similarities to aspects of Gricar's disappearance.

After reading "20/20 Vision" by Pamela West, formerly Pamela Kraske, Rickard tends to agree.
"What does it mean?" Rickard said. "I don't know."

Very long but interesting article.

http://www.centredaily.com/news/local/story/426195.html

Wish I could find a copy of that book myself. Interesting!

Glad someone is taking a fresh look at his case. I think it can and should be solved.

Still interested in this case. Still bugged by the fact that LE seemed to ignore or write off to many possible clues in the beginning.

As far as him being the WPP. At this point I would have to say no. Usually if it's someone high profile they make it look like a definite death I would think otherwise people, like us, would go around plastering his photo all over the place and someone would recognize him/her. LE found out about his brothers suicide years earlier and made up their minds that is what Ray did so they did not put much effort into the investigation. Then after public pressure they had to go back to the case and try to make themselves not look so incompetent. JMHO

I have been thinking about this case a lot, the new guy, Matt Rickard...he seems interested in re-working this case.

I am going to call him. I am going to just ask him about the sighting of Ray by Caroline (yes?, is that her name?) at the office that no one would listen to. I am going to try and find all that info back on Ray's threads and gather it then ask him if he knew about this and if so, ok...lol, but, what if he doesn't know, forgot..remember this y'all?
Dumb idea?

http://www.collegian.psu.edu/archive/2008/04/15/gricar_missing_for_3_years.aspx

Former Centre County District Attorney Ray Gricar was going to retire at the end of his fifth term in December 2005.
"I have always wanted to retire at 60; that has been my plan from the start," Gricar told The Daily Collegian in 2004. "I want to get used to life without an alarm clock, not having to wake up and just enjoying things that I haven't had time for."
But three years ago today, Gricar disappeared.
"It's a daily struggle for everybody. We are three years out, and we recognize that it starts to get away from the public," nephew Tony Gricar said. "The difficulty is we never know when new evidence will pop up again, so it's really hard to get on with your daily life."
Tony Gricar and his family created a Web site, raygricar.com, for those who may want to provide information informally rather than directly to law enforcement.
"We are trying to move on, and we still have hope," Barbara Gray, Ray Gricar's ex-wife and the mother of their daughter, Lara, wrote in an e-mail. "Speaking for myself, Ray's disappearance has provided a lesson in acceptance. It has taught me again that nothing is certain in life."

Thank you! Thank you for posting this information!

Interesting that Montour County's District Attorney scheduled this news conference and Centre County's DA knew nothing about it.

Hopefully there is something new about Ray Gricar's case.

That is interesting - they wouldn't hold a presser if there was nothing to report, right? I have kept up with Gricar's case for the last couple years.
The re-run of the TruTv Show Haunting Evidence show was on the other night and they profiled Ray's case......of course that show must be taken with a boulder of salt and a chaser of lemon but it was still nice to see people are still interested and it is still getting publicity.

OMG--that's such good news!
Sadly, though, could it be to say they found his body?

Lewisburg is where the antique shop was I believe. Anything?????

Hmmm, Tony Gricar, his nephew, posted a heads up about the news conference on InSessions, so I guess they didn't find Ray, or he would have said more.

I just emailed Centre Daily News and reporter Pete Bosak and news desk asking them 'what's up'...I didn't get anything from them relating.

Oooh--I'm so glad other people are here on this thread watching!
Sometimes I think there should be a pager for breaking news!
MBM, thanks so much for posting that, and Christine, you rock for contacting the reporter!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GreyFishOmen