PA PA - Ray Gricar, 59, Bellefonte, 15 April 2005 - #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you use Google Alerts? http://www.google.com/alerts

You enter a search term in it (like District Attorney Ray Gricar missing), and it sends you an email with a link whenever it finds something new. I have this one setup as [SIZE=-1]Type[/SIZE] = News, and [SIZE=-1]How often=[/SIZE][SIZE=-1]as-it-happens, and I get an email whenever something new is found.
[/SIZE]

Do you use Google Alerts? http://www.google.com/alerts

You enter a search term in it (like District Attorney Ray Gricar missing), and it sends you an email with a link whenever it finds something new. I have this one setup as [SIZE=-1]Type[/SIZE] = News, and [SIZE=-1]How often=[/SIZE][SIZE=-1]as-it-happens, and I get an email whenever something new is found.[/SIZE]

Yes, that is why I came here to check on Ray's thread and saw you had posted. Thanks! :blowkiss:

Any news about the press conference?

Any news about the press conference?

Nothing, I can find nothing. No answer from paper yet either. :(

If we can't get anything, I'll see about making some calls when I get home. My family still has connections w/advocates in his office. They contact us every time step dad tries to get paroled or pardoned :rolleyes::bang:

[SIZE=-1]Bonner, Teresa <tbonner@centredaily.com> [/SIZE][SIZE=-1]Tue, Jul 1, 2008 at 4:00 PM [/SIZE][SIZE=-1]To: Christine <christine2448@websleuths.com> [/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1][FONT=Verdana, Helvetica, Arial]There&#8217;s a story on our Web site now, and more details to come later.[/FONT][/SIZE]

I can't find it still. I asked her for link and showed her what comes up when I search his name, nothing recent :(

This just went up on TV news

http://www.wjactv.com/news/16761843/detail.html

Two officials said they believe a former Centre County district attorney was murdered and claim the case has been mishandled.

The current Montour District Attorney Robert Buehner and former Clinton County District Attorney Ted McKight said they believe Ray Gricar was murdered.

On Tuesday, Buehner and McKight said the case has been mishandled by Attorney General Tom Corbett and current Centre County DA Mike Madeira.

The pair claims that eyewitnesses were not talked to and the hard drive recovered in the Susquehanna River should be analyzed further. They also said they would like to see a larger agency take over the investigation.

Thanks Christine! We already knew the case was mis-handled! Having public officials come out and say it and call for action is a postive step.

Wow! But that's it, just They think? No particular evidence?

I think it was suicide, mainly because he didn't bring his laptop case to protect it; he had been sleeping a lot lately (possible depression); and there was a history of suicide in his family (his brother). Oh, and the page open to how to replace a DA.

Two officials said they believe a former Centre County district attorney was murdered and claim the case has been mishandled.

The current Montour District Attorney Robert Buehner and former Clinton County District Attorney Ted McKight said they believe Ray Gricar was murdered.

On Tuesday, Buehner and McKight said the case has been mishandled by Attorney General Tom Corbett and current Centre County DA Mike Madeira.

The pair claims that eyewitnesses were not talked to and the hard drive recovered in the Susquehanna River should be analyzed further. They also said they would like to see a larger agency take over the investigation.

christine,

Thank you for the link!

I am among the group of people that believe Mr. Gricar was murdered. Maybe something will finally change the investigation into the right direction.

I say it now and I will keep saying it until I get something else to change my mind....he was murdered and it had something to do w/recent drug cases he was working on and supposedly to prosecute the week after he disappeared, IIRC.

I say it now and I will keep saying it until I get something else to change my mind....he was murdered and it had something to do w/recent drug cases he was working on and supposedly to prosecute the week after he disappeared, IIRC.

:clap::clap::clap:

I'm not sure who or how, but 'they' were able to misdirect this investigation from the get go.

Thank you for posting this christine.

Two new links. Center Daily Times (State College, PA) has a write up, and a copy of a letter the Montour County DA wrote to the Centre County DA, link.

Thought I'd update this, there are three PA counties being mentioned in this. Centre County is State College and Penn State where Ray Gricar was from. Union County is Lewisburg, PA, where Ray Gricar was last seen (Street of Shops), and Montour County is Danville, PA (Geisinger Medical Center). Montour County is east of Lewisburg, by one county, and also has the Susquehana River (a different branch than Lewisburg), flowing through it.

I'm not sure how Montour County fits into this, it was never a factor in the past, that I recall.

Wow. More new stuff in the third paragraph from the last in the letter:

"Third, there is a witness who saw Ray traveling on U.S. Route 15 on Friday afternoon April 15, 2005."

That never came out before.

I emailed Pete Bosak who has been just incredible in trying to keep Ray's story alive....I was surprised to not get info about todays developements, he has been so good in keeping us in the loop. His response:

[SIZE=-1]pbosak <pbosak@centredaily.com> [/SIZE][SIZE=-1]Tue, Jul 1, 2008 at 4:54 PM [/SIZE][SIZE=-1]To: christine2448@websleuths.com
[/SIZE][SIZE=-1]I was there in Lewisburg. Stay tuned.

Thanks,
Pete[/SIZE]

Wow. More new stuff in the third paragraph from the last in the letter:

"Third, there is a witness who saw Ray traveling on U.S. Route 15 on Friday afternoon April 15, 2005."

That never came out before.

Very interesting. And another point, why, to this day, has Carolyns witness account of him not been 'told'??? :confused:

[SIZE=-1]Bonner, Teresa <tbonner@centredaily.com> [/SIZE][SIZE=-1]Tue, Jul 1, 2008 at 5:56 PM [/SIZE][SIZE=-1]To: Christine <christine2448@websleuths.com>
[/SIZE][SIZE=-1][FONT=Verdana, Helvetica, Arial]Here’s the link. http://www.centredaily.com/news/local/story/691099.html It’s now the top story on our home page, and a copy of the letter that triggered the news conference is also linked there.

[/FONT]
[/SIZE]

I emailed Pete Bosak who has been just incredible in trying to keep Ray's story alive....I was surprised to not get info about todays developements, he has been so good in keeping us in the loop. His response:

[SIZE=-1]pbosak <pbosak@centredaily.com> [/SIZE][SIZE=-1]Tue, Jul 1, 2008 at 4:54 PM [/SIZE][SIZE=-1]To: christine2448@websleuths.com
[/SIZE][SIZE=-1]I was there in Lewisburg. Stay tuned.

Thanks,
Pete[/SIZE]
What do you read into 'Stay Tuned', ... there's more to come out of this?

The part I don't understand is, the letter from the Montour County DA (Danville) was read at a press conference in Lewisburg (Union County), and it was addressed to the Union County DA. It said the Montour County DA needs to do more? Is the Montour County DA a good guy or a bad guy in this?

Edit: Things are a little bit clearer now. See two of Pete Bosak's blog posts in today's CDT:
http://community.centredaily.com/?q=node/5239
http://community.centredaily.com/?q=node/5240

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members