Casey's appeal on the 4 charges of lying to police

These are the types of legal action that do not understand!

• She's already admitted to the charges
  • She's already been declared indigent so who's supposed to pay for this, the state????

This worthless thing has cost the state way more money than she's ever going to be worth with her legal defense and housing her for 3 years! This is a total waste of time & money! I don't care what her rights are, she should not be allowed to do this!

Beyond evil, she got away with murder & that's still not good enough:maddening:

I think it's because they want to sue OCSD for keeping her in jail.Baez said that they were going too sue for keeping her there and please dont ask where the link is....It was during one of the trial hearings.So if they could get that removed from her record then there would be reason to collect more of the State of Florida money.

BBM How sickening is that?????? She was kept there because of lies and actions she chose!

I tip my hat to all prosecuting attorneys out there. Thank you for attempting to put away the criminals......it must be so difficult to work so hard only to be slapped in the face by stupid laws that protect the criminals & forget the victims.

Correct. They know they won't win but are just stalling for time. They want to get the paid IV in before the depo.

Maybe the judge hearing that appeal will stall for time, too. There is also a motion somewhere in there to declare her 'indigent' as well. If that TV producer that's claiming he signed a contract with KC is telling the truth, maybe he could be forced to produce the signed contract and she'll be ineligible for indigent status and have pay her own legal fees. I'm done paying for anything 'Anthony'.

BBM How sickening is that?????? She was kept there because of lies and actions she chose!

I tip my hat to all prosecuting attorneys out there. Thank you for attempting to put away the criminals......it must be so difficult to work so hard only to be slapped in the face by stupid laws that protect the criminals & forget the victims.

According to Judge Eaton, Ret., no she can't. There was 'probable cause' for her arrest.

http://www.wesh.com/casey-anthony-extended-coverage/28475339/detail.html

I didn't think acquitted people could sue for being held in jail awaiting trial?

Especially when it was the DT that never seemed to meet the deadlines or had their documents submitted that were requested.

Maybe the judge hearing that appeal will stall for time, too. There is also a motion somewhere in there to declare her 'indigent' as well. If that TV producer that's claiming he signed a contract with KC is telling the truth, maybe he could be forced to produce the signed contract and she'll be ineligible for indigent status and have pay her own legal fees.
I'm done paying for anything 'Anthony'​

bbm
Same here
I hope the JAC can recoup some of the money they paid out to the DT for investigative services

So are taxpayers paying for this too? The state is obligated to pay private attorneys for appeals of convictions on charges like lying to police? If so, that is disgusting.

This is something I don't understand. Why is the state paying for private attorneys? I thought when you couldn't afford counsel, you were assigned a public defender? I honestly don't know. I've had zero experience with the legal system personally. But it just blows me away that the state has to pay for these bogus appeals (if they are).

Posted: 7:19 pm EDT July 25, 2011Updated: 7:30 am EDT July 26, 2011
ORLANDO, Fla. -- Now that Casey Anthony has been released from jail, she is asking for more taxpayer money. She plans to appeal her four felony convictions for lying to investigators.

Not only does she want taxpayers to pay for her fight against charges she's already admitted to, but if she wins that fight she will not have to pay back the hundreds of thousands of dollars that law enforcement spent searching for her daughter Caylee, if she cashes in on Caylee's death.

http://www.wftv.com/news/28662624/detail.html

This is nothing but a big game to these people!

This is something I don't understand. Why is the state paying for private attorneys? I thought when you couldn't afford counsel, you were assigned a public defender? I honestly don't know. I've had zero experience with the legal system personally. But it just blows me away that the state has to pay for these bogus appeals (if they are).

Baez took the case on and dragged it out on purpose. After he depleted all the money he could get ()$200,00) he declared her indigent. By the time this was done, he had invested too much time in the case and the judge made the decision they may as well keep him because another attorney will delay it even more because he/she would have to catch up on everything. This is a common trick that attorneys do when they clam their client indigent. This forces the County to pay for everything needed by him to assure she gets a very fair trial. It is always extravagant.

Often the expenses far exceed any salary an attonrey would be entitled to receive. He made out big time.

That is so shady. There should be a cap or something. Like, here's your budget, make it work.

Hopefully a good judge will put a stop to this quickly and as a Florida tax payer I'm not happy that our tax dollars are being wasted like this during this difficult economic time in our state, right now the state and counties are laying people off and cutting funding to education and infrastructure, for this?

Posted: 7:19 pm EDT July 25, 2011Updated: 7:30 am EDT July 26, 2011
ORLANDO, Fla. -- Now that Casey Anthony has been released from jail, she is asking for more taxpayer money. She plans to appeal her four felony convictions for lying to investigators.

Not only does she want taxpayers to pay for her fight against charges she's already admitted to, but if she wins that fight she will not have to pay back the hundreds of thousands of dollars that law enforcement spent searching for her daughter Caylee, if she cashes in on Caylee's death.

http://www.wftv.com/news/28662624/detail.html

Those Four Counts of Lying to Police are MISDEMEANORS not FELONIES. That is why the maximum sentence on each count was one year. Misdemeanors do not require much time to appeal. It is well documented that she chose to interview with LE that she was not under arrest and that she made both written and oral statements before she was ever arrested.

She continued to lie for the better part of three years and it was her DT, not the State, that kept this from going to a speedy trial.

Florida Law as to Providing false information to Law Enforcement...scroll to the last few paragraphs:
http://webcache.googleusercontent.c...&gl=us&client=firefox-a&source=www.google.com

The whole point of trying to win this appeal is so that she can then turn around and sue for wrongful imprisonment.

This really is a game to these lawyers. And I thought she already had a public defender assigned to her?

Why didn't Strickland throw the book at her on those check fraud charges?

08/16/2011 Motion To Relinquish Jurisdiction Attorney General - Appellee

This is for her Lying conviction appeal. Wonder what it means?

That is correct. You have to have a link. There is no info except this. Add the case number and search.

I know...that's how I saw the AG motion I posted. Is that what you're posting about too?

I know...that's how I saw the AG motion I posted. Is that what you're posting about too?

Yes but it gives more info.

Case Number: 5D11-2357
Final Criminal Judgment and Sentence Notice from Orange County

CASEY MARIE ANTHONY vs. STATE OF FLORIDA

Lower Tribunal Case(s): 08-CF-15606-A

07/20/2011 Case Filing Fee
07/20/2011 Notice of Appeal Filed Appellant
07/20/2011 Order to pay filing fee - Criminal appeal (300)
08/08/2011 ORD-INSOLV AMENDED
08/08/2011 ORD-FILING FEE WAIVED
08/16/2011 Motion To Relinquish Jurisdiction Attorney General - Appellee

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members