OK - Douglas Polk for kidnapping, rape of 5yo girl, Broken Arrow, 2007

Hopefully this girl is young enough she will be able to forget about this horrific experience. I am unaware of the law in Oklamhoma, but this certainly warrants the death penalty in my book.

There is a town near us where a little girl was kidnapped and raped, however she was killed. Her body was found a few houses down in a house that was under construction. It has been about a year and they have yet to have a suspect. Personally, I think her dad did it. He is in jail for child *advertiser censored* found on his computer. We haven't had another assult since hers. Dad in jail....maybe it was him.

http://www.heraldtribune.com/apps/pbcs.dll/section?CATEGORY=NEWS1202

The question I still have is not about whether she was alone in the yard, but whether the parents at least realized she was missing before the pervert had time to snatch her, rape her, beat and torture her, then drive to a secluded area 8 miles away to dump her. Add in who knows how long it was before she was discovered stumbling along the road, and you have a very significant amount of time for a five year old to go unaccounted for.

I agree that all it only takes a brief moment to snatch a small child out of her yard, and that could happen even if the parent is nearby. I am just wondering if the reporter who wrote the story chose to leave out any details regarding a period of time between the kidnapping and rescue, or if no one realized the child had been taken until she was found.

The only difference this could have made would be that if news of the kidnapping had been released to patrol officers or even announced on the radio, people out and about the neighborhood would have been more alert to remember unfamiliar vehicles dumping a child on a dead end road. Maybe we would have a better description of the prevert or his vehicle.

Susan

I surely understand your concerns. I was just pointing out that different parents have different comfort levels. At 5 both my sons were allowed out in the fenced backyard with our big dog by themselves. Our yard is set up so that I could see them easily from most any room, so I was comfortable with that. Some parents wouldn't be!

I would be comfortable with that, as long as I could see them and hear them.

Hopefully this girl is young enough she will be able to forget about this horrific experience. I am unaware of the law in Oklamhoma, but this certainly warrants the death penalty in my book.

There is a town near us where a little girl was kidnapped and raped, however she was killed. Her body was found a few houses down in a house that was under construction. It has been about a year and they have yet to have a suspect. Personally, I think her dad did it. He is in jail for child *advertiser censored* found on his computer. We haven't had another assult since hers. Dad in jail....maybe it was him.

http://www.heraldtribune.com/apps/pbcs.dll/section?CATEGORY=NEWS1202

This is a little surprising (the Coralrose Fullwood case) because it was announced way back that the DNA on her body did not match the father or any family members. He could still be involved in some way, perhaps arranging something with another perv, but I thought they had the DNA results back already.

Back to this 5 year old. I hope the perp left DNA and there is a match in CODIS.

TGIRecovered, I wonder about the length of time before she was missed, too. Hopefully it was not for very long.

I would be comfortable with that, as long as I could see them and hear them.

Yeah, I think most people who saw my yard/house/neighborhood situation would be. Now - that's not to say there aren't dangerous people close by - just that people have different levels of comfort with their kids outdoors alone. I want my kids to be comfortable alone and not scared in the world. That's very important to me. That doesn't mean I have my head in the sand and don't talk to them about real dangers.

Hi Philamena-

I wasn't blaming the Mom earlier- I am sure she felt her daughter was safe in her own yard. :( I was commenting on the fact that the neighbor-even after this- said for the time being* her daughter couldn't play out front.

*paraphrasing

No no no, lol. :blushing:
Didn't mean for my post to sound like it was aimed at you. I only want people to refrain from attacking this child's mother.

The entire thread makes me ill. Prayers for this tiny child to give MORE information that will assist in finding the perpetrator.

DNA should be a HUGE factor in this case in bringing the so and so to justice.

I am wondering IF the tiny child will be so traumatized that she will be unable to give more details???? I HOPE NOT.

Pray they find him soon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The article said it appeared the childs clothing was tossed from a MOVING car. This makes me think that more than one person was in the kidnap vehicle??

:furious: :furious: ...these stories are becomming way to common.....the harshest penalities should be carried out on these scumbags.

Ditto what you just said....mo

I don't think anyone is attacking the child's mother. It takes so little time to snatch a child...
It is probable that the family did miss her right away. They could have been searching their own neighborhood at the same time she was found 8 miles away. I don't believe the article gives us a good time frame for exactly how long she was gone.

News On 6 reporter Joshua Brakhage reports that detectives are hoping to get more information from the Tulsa crime lab.

Forensics experts are examining the little girl's clothes and shoes right now.

and

Broken Arrow Police have little to go on in their investigation.

Friday, authorities said they were looking for a white man in a white vehicle. Saturday, it was confirmed the vehicle is a car, but they're still not sure on the make or model.

http://www.kotv.com/news/topstory/?id=136482

For some reason this case has really been tormenting me over the last 24 hours.. maybe because I am a parnet of a child who is not far different in age than this little girl.. It brigns me to tears thinking abot how some sick perv can derive pleasure from a child who is experincing pain and terror that their hands. It just kills me to think of this little one and what she had to experience.. of her walking down that road in exposed, in pain, bleeding, and terrified. Some times it just seems like there is something so terribly wrong with our society that there are such cruel and hurtful perves running around in this world. My prayers go to the liilte girl and her fanily. I hope she can recover from this.. and I cant express how outraged and angry I am. There is no justice servere enough for this perp.

Police say since Thursday's attack, two witnesses have identified the car the man was driving. The News On 6 is told a person saw a white, Dodge Intrepid in the area where the girl was dropped off. Another witness told officers they saw a white, Dodge Intrepid in the little girl's neighborhood.

http://www.kotv.com/news/topstory/?id=136530

At least, it is a lead! I know I will be scouring the area for the car every time I go out now.

The article said it appeared the childs clothing was tossed from a MOVING car. This makes me think that more than one person was in the kidnap vehicle??

I believe the little girl would be able to tell them if there were more than the one person in the vehicle. LE is only considering it to be one male at this time.

I assume what they mean is the way the clothing landed on or next to the road looked like it was tossed out the window, but does this mean he raped her IN his vehicle?

If so and they can find the car now...they will have the crime scene and tons of evidence. I am glad the witnesses came forward to point out the white Dodge Intrepid. Also, since they saw the car...did they give LE accurate descriptions of the man driving?! Hope so!

B.A.C.A. stepped up to make the child feel secure now that she is home. This is an excellent program! They have huge hearts and they post huge men outside the child's home for security. They will even attend court hearings with the child...until it is all over and the perp is behind bars.

"We adopt that child into our family," Whitworth says. "We give them a leather vest with a small BACA patch on it, and put patches on it and give them the chains from our vest."

In times of crisis, members also post lookouts at victims' homes.

"So we are maintaining a vigilance around the home, that is to let the child be able to sleep at night, feel safe and secure, knowing that somebody's watching for them," says Radar Whitworth.

http://www.ktul.com/news/stories/0907/457870.html

This story makes me so angry. I am amazed he didn't kill this child, however. Makes you wonder if she somehow escaped..... God bless the people who found her, and thank God they did!

The people who found the girl say it was a sight and sound they will never forget. "She was crying when I first got there and I sat her on my knee and tried to comfort her the best I could." Billy Graham is just one of the people who found the girl, bleeding and crying. “I broke down a little bit. I tried not to let her see me because she was already going through enough drama." Graham says he called for his wife, who was inside their home. She says when she saw the little girl, it was just heartbreaking to think what had happened to her. The Grahams say they did all they could to comfort the girl, but it wasn't until their dog molly came over that the child began to calm down. They say she told them she had two little dogs at home."

http://tinyurl.com/yufht2

I hope the pig that did this to this precious child is found and killed on the spot. Hopefully he'll try to run from LE and they can shoot him...dead.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jojo53
Back