LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette, 19 May 2012 - #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
wilke3 thanks for that info about the green van!!! Hopefully LE is on the lookout for it. I don't imagine that info will be released publicly but hopefully word will get around about it so at least some will be aware if they happen to spot it.

I definitely agree with your thinking Mickey's case is unrelated to the Jennings murders. I've been following those cases VERY closely for almost 4 years now and she doesn't fit the profile/lifestyle of those women. I suppose anything is possible but nothing about Mickey's case so far seems to tie into those cases.

Interestingly enough though, while I was looking at the search map getting our team details and talking to the guy spearheading the search areas, someone came out on the porch from inside the Ryan St. house (only family & close friends were allowed inside the house) and told the coordinator he needed to work on getting some 'coverage' in Jennings. I told them both about my familiarity with the Jennings cases and that in my opinion, Mickey's case more than likely was not related to that area or those cases but to do whatever they felt was warranted.

http://1079ishot.com/mickey-shunick-website-givers-benefit-concert/

This is just amazing and great news:
Now, celebrities and athletes from Drew Brees and Howie Mandel to ESPN anchors and MTV reality stars are sending out re-tweets to millions of their followers to help bring Mickey home.

Also at the above link:
Because of the need for more room to work, tomorrow, (5/24/12), the headquarters will move from 100 Ryan Street to the Our Lady of Wisdom Center at the corner of St. Mary and McKinley Street on the UL campus.

Sooooo glad they are moving the headquarters. It was grid-locked on Ryan St. every time I was there yesterday ... very short, narrow street.

Link to a new website that's been set up:
http://www.findmickeynow.com/

Because she is so petite, am praying they are keeping an eye on the pedophiles. For someone to nick the back of her bike while she's stopped may have given them time enough to harm or confuse her and pack her up swiftly.

Prayers of love and Light for Mickey, her family and friends.

I'm thinking the perp most definitely would have to have a van or pickup to hide her bike (??)

On JVM they described the area as "woodsy". The alleged green van with TN license plate has me freaked out a little bit.

Holly Bobo is still missing. Another pretty petite blonde. Could there be a connection?

How woodsy is woodsy? Enough to hide a green van off the road and not be noticed? TIA

Holly
0.jpg

Mickey

AA3FFB568594895B90BAC5F86E9CA91F_292_292.jpg

This was posted in January on the Slidell Police Department in Slidell, Louisiana on their facebook page. Might or might not be connected but it appears there was a suspicious green older model van stalking children.

16 January at 13:50 via Mobile ·
In response to the suspicious van that asked some kids to get in yesterday afternoon...At this time it appears to be an isolated incident. STPSO are increasing patrols in the area and are looking for the vehicle, which is described to be an older model bluish/green van with curtains inside and luggage rack on top. SPD is working closely with the STPSO and are also looking for the vehicle. If anyone see's this vehicle please get a license plate and call your local authorities immediately.

https://www.facebook.com/SlidellPD/posts/301914339854734

This was posted in January on the Slidell Police Department in Slidell, Louisiana on their facebook page. Might or might not be connected but it appears there was a suspicious green older model van stalking children.

https://www.facebook.com/SlidellPD/posts/301914339854734

In light of wilkie3's post about the green van this is concerning!! Also, the concept of a van being able to hide the bike also comes to mind. This should be reported!! JMO!

a van grab would make sense... because if a perp just grabbed her the bike would have been found by now I would think

also

is it at all possible that she had bike trouble on the way home like a flat tire or something? It only takes one nail or something sharp to do the trick

also further interesting that her friend mentioned she "checked her tires" before she left (does anyone recall that? It is in the last thread)

why all the detail with checking the tires? Did she have concerns with her tires??? I bike a lot and it is not something I regularly do before I ride unless it is my road bike which has prissy, sensitive tires that are prone to flats... wondering what type of tires she had? Being a commuter bike and her being an avid cyclist I would think she had commuter tires vs road bike tires... but that is just me thinking out loud....

here is that link to the post about checking her tires before she left:

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=7951922&postcount=259"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - LA LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette, 19 May 2012 - #1[/ame]

a van grab would make sense... because if a perp just grabbed her the bike would have been found by now I would think

also

is it at all possible that she had bike trouble on the way home like a flat tire or something? It only takes one nail or something sharp to do the trick

also further interesting that her friend mentioned she "checked her tires" before she left (does anyone recall that? It is in the last thread)

why all the detail with checking the tires? Did she have concerns with her tires??? I bike a lot and it is not something I regularly do before I ride unless it is my road bike which has prissy, sensitive tires that are prone to flats... wondering what type of tires she had? Being a commuter bike and her being an avid cyclist I would think she had commuter tires vs road bike tires... but that is just me thinking out loud....

I've been wondering the same thing, about if she had bike trouble and had to stop. I didn't remember reading about checking her tires before she left; that does seem like a slightly odd thing to do. The bike is what has been nagging at me all along. I can't really imagine someone jumping out at her while she was riding (and she was probably going rather quickly, as it was the dead of night and I imagine she was anxious to get home). Nor can I imagine a drunk driver hitting her and taking the time to pick up the bike. It's a possibility, of course, just doesn't seem likely.

also

IIRC, he also mentioned it last night on JVM. Also, he said that Mickey was feeling nauseous from partying too much the night before. My immediate thoughts were, if she was nauseous would she eat? Taco Bell? And then I thought perhaps if she ate, she wasn't feeling well and stopped on her way home.

I'll locate the JVM transcripts, if they're available and post them.

Someone on one of the Find Mickey FB pages mentioned possibly getting in contact with Border Patrol. I think that is a great idea. With absolutely no trace of her or her belongings I can't help but entertain the idea of human trafficking.

I'm also still very apprehensive about BW as well as the carnies. As for BW, I would think that if LE had even the slightest inkling that he was somehow involved then we would have caught wind of it.

If LE has information then they are certainly tight lipped about it. For some reason, I'm thinking they don't have anything. I could be wrong, but I think they hesitated a bit too long on this one. They should have went in full force when she was first reported missing.

I tell you what, I'm a very respectful person who believes in abiding by the law and who knows that certain rules are put in place for certain reasons; however, if my child were ever to go missing you could bet your bottom dollar I'd be riding LE so hard that they would have no other option but to be proactive in finding my child, PRONTO.

Straight out to our exclusive guest, Brettly Wilson, the very last person to see Mickey Shunick before she vanished.

Brettly, thank you so much for joining us tonight. Let`s just start by -- if you can tell us what happened, you`re at this Artmosphere with apparently nine other friends, including Mickey. And how did you end up getting separated from eight of them and then you and Mickey going back to your place?

WILSON: Well, Mickey was pretty tired. Her sister had come in the night before. They were both going to go to her brother`s graduation the next night. And so she as ready to go before anyone else was.

By the end of the night came, everyone decided they were going to go their separate ways. They didn`t want food. They wanted to go home and didn`t want to go somewhere else. So me and Mickey took off towards my house, and I offered to get her food at a nearby Taco Bell.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: So you went -- you went to Taco Bell straight from Artmosphere, or did you go home first?

WILSON: We went to my house. It was too late to bike indoors (ph) with Taco Bell. So we got in the car, and I took her through the drive- through. She picked something up, brought it back. She ate it.

At that point we got two phone calls from friends, asking, you know, where we were, checking on us and saying they were going to go get food somewhere else. At that point, Mickey decided she was still too tired. She had gotten food and so she had wanted to go home at that point.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: All right. So now here`s my question. She`s tired. She doesn`t want to bike to the Taco Bell to get something to eat. But then she proceeds to get on her bike and bike more than four miles home, even though she`s so tired?

WILSON: No. We can`t get into the Taco Bell after a certain period of night. The car was just so that we could actually get food.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: What? I didn`t get that. You can explain to me. What did he say?

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: Went through the drive-through.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Oh, the drive-through is open, but you can`t -- see, I don`t go to fast-food joints. That`s why I don`t know this. OK. We`ll be talking about that later in our show, but you have to drive to get into a fast-food drive-through. You can`t bike up there. So if you bike up there, they won`t serve you, is that it?

WILSON: No. No, we`ve tried.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: OK. All right. So I am here with famed former prosecutor Marcia Clark, author of "Guilt by Degrees," as well as Wendy Walsh, psychologist and co-host of "The Doctors." And these two ladies are also going to participate and ask you questions.

Do you have some questions, Marcia, for Brettly?

MARCIA CLARK, FORMER PROSECUTOR: Well, I actually want to pursue the question you asked, which is she was really tired and obviously, he had a car. So Brettly, if you had a car, why didn`t you just drive her home and carry the bike home in your car?

WILSON: I didn`t have a bike rack on my car. Mickey has done this, you know, every night we`ve ever gone out. She`s ridden her bike somewhere. She actually rode her bike to the show, which is a bit further than my house. It was nothing out of the ordinary for her to bike anywhere, no matter the time of day.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Now, she was drinking or not that night?

WILSON: No. She`d gone out the night before. She didn`t have anything to drink, to my knowledge. She seemed pretty exhausted and nauseous from the night before. So I didn`t see her drink anything. I don`t think she drank anything.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Have police searched your house, Brettly, to see if she left something there? Have they gone in and searched your house?

WILSON: Yes. The police have gone ahead and through protocol searched my home, searched my car. I allowed them access to my laptop, any of my personal information, Facebook, e-mail. I allowed them access to my phone, pretty much anything they could have used that would have helped find Mickey.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Wendy Walsh, psychologist and co-host of "The Doctors."

WENDY WALSH, PSYCHOLOGIST: I want to know how long you`ve known Mickey.

WILSON: I`ve known Mickey a good while. We`ve become pretty close friends in the past three years.

WALSH: What`s a good while?

WILSON: About three, four years.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Oh, I thought you knew her since, like, kindergarten or something.

WALSH: Did you go to college together? Are you a college student, as well?

WILSON: Yes, we`re going to college together. I kind of knew her off and on through high school, but we never really were that close until I finally started going to college.

WALSH: so is this a dating relationship? Is this a romantic relationship?

WILSON: No. No, not at all. Me and Mickey actually got to know each other because I was dating her best friend. After me and her friend split up, me and Mickey kind of got a little closer, but it was never anything but platonic, and that was fine.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Well, Brettly, I -- first of all, I want to thank you for answering these questions. And I know that you are a very, very dear friend of hers.

Now, in asking these questions we ask only because you were the last person to see her before she vanished. That`s the only reason. And we want to stress absolutely that you`re not being looked at in any way, shape or form. We are simply asking questions because we are desperate, as you are, to find this young lady. And we have to start at the beginning; that`s where we always start.

So I want to thank you for answering all those questions. And you gave excellent explanations for everything we asked. So I just want to put that out there and make that absolutely clear.

On the other side of the break, we are going to talk to Tom Shunick, this beautiful missing woman`s daughter -- father. And we`re also going to talk to the missing woman`s sister and Jon Lieberman, investigative reporter. Stay right there.

more at the link

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1205/23/ijvm.01.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads