Page 14 of 23 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314151617181920212223 LastLast

Thread: 2010.07.01 Press Conference

Quote Originally Posted by gliving View Post
    Yea, I think it somehow has to do with Terri hiring the big guns attorney yesterday. Do they think she's hiding behind her attorney, or are they feeling something else - such as jealousy or more importantly: a loss of control over Terri.

Because after all, nothing new was gained today except his birthmark and allergy to bees. And their show of control!
    BBM

100% agree - IMO a loss of control over Terri seems to have brought out an even greater need for control in Kaine. moo mho
    Please think long and hard before calling a child a 'run-a-way':
    You might be giving a 'perk' to the 'perp'.

Democracy requires the occasional necessity of deferring to the opinions of other people. (Winston Churchill)

2. The Following 18 Users Say Thank You to eyes4crime For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by easttexas View Post
    Did I get this right? They don't want the daily state paper....to publish anymore news from them? I so could not care less what news media published about me even if it was pure gossip if my child were missing. I simply would not have the time, the extra emotion, strength it would take to even care what they said about me. All I would care is that they are keeping my child in everyone's mind. I remember Danielle Van Dam case and what the media put them through and the mother didn't care who knew what about her personal life...she just wanted her daughter home. Her reactions were something I can/could relate to. Not this. JMO
    BBM

Very true. The Van Dam case is a good example of keeping the focus on the missing child. In this case, I believe they have confused the public too much. It's starting to feel like a hoax, and Kyron is beside the point of something else.

4. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Curious Me For This Useful Post:

BetteDavisEyes is offline "Fasten your seatbelts. It's going to be a bumpy night."
    When the biological parents gave interviews last week, they specifically mentioned that Kyron could not see well without his glasses. While I don't think the public needs to know about the medical issues of a child, knowing that Kyron had a birthmark and allergy to bees would have been helpful in identifying the missing boy. I wonder if Kyron needed an Epipen or other allergy medication for the bee stings? I feel that the parents were remiss in making this vital information known. jmo

6. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to BetteDavisEyes For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by STEADFAST View Post
    I've looked at all the pics of him I have saved on my computer. In some of them he's younger; in some he's excited. I don't see a birthmark. Wouldn't someone on here have noticed it?
    There were a few baby pics somewhere. I did not save them and now I cannot find them.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to redkatrampant For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by redkatrampant View Post
    I am quite confuzzled. It just pooped in my head ( my typo and I am leaving it) that there just might be chance that this was all about control over Terri from the beginning. Hmmm there is alot more here than meets the eye. I could come up with a whole conspiracy theory that is just as odd as what I have seen in the past month.

Is there a slim chance that this has all been orchestrated by someone else????
    This sounds more believable to me, than that TH did it ALL on her own. I buy this or the ransom thing first!

Quote Originally Posted by xin View Post
    My theory is that the Oregonian will go out there with new inspiration to dig, dig dig. TH's atty knows he needs them. The Oregonian drives Oregon news like it or not, Kaine.
    Gloves are off. "There will be blood."

imho
    I concur, and that will be very very sad for the family. They were very very foolish.

They have a completely misguided sense of how to utilize the assets of the media, and instead have come off as small, vindictive, and mean spirited.

Instead of engendering sympathy and support for thier cause, they have stabbed themselves in the proverbial foot.

Shameful.

Poor Kyron.

11. The Following 21 Users Say Thank You to Garden Variety For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Kitkat View Post
    People... my gosh.

STRATEGY. Dad, mom, and step-dad are not pulling these moves out of thin air. They are not pulling the strings regarding the media (following the coverage, writing on chat boards). They are under the guidance of LE, who knows what's going on and are doing the job... which includes keeping the details of the investigation under wraps, but to the chagrin of folks on WS.

There's a *message* in both the form (who was there, what was around, where it was held) and content of today's event (the statement, more humanizing info. shared [as they did in the joint interview last week]).

I agree with other posters: the entire event was directed at the SM by LE investigators... as the step-dad would well understand.
    If this is true, how do we explain 2 large media outlets getting kicked out?

13. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to daisy7 For This Useful Post:

Seeing WW is one of them kicked out I wouldn't take much of what they are saying as " given truth" He could of very well said them things maybe he didn't We was not there so who knows. But seeing they was one kicked out I'm sure they are not going to be all perfect in what they post now. IMO

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 6angels For This Useful Post:

I confess I've only been skimming these threads the last several days. I keep thinking one day I'll log on & see he's been found !

Instead, I'm more confused by what I read everyday. I can't make sense of any of it. I feel so sad for Kyron though. He deserved so much better.

17. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Mandy113 For This Useful Post:

sipping coffee at the Purple Rose Theatre
    People... my gosh.

STRATEGY. Dad, mom, and step-dad are not pulling these moves out of thin air. They are not pulling the strings regarding the media (following the coverage, writing on chat boards). They are under the guidance of LE, who knows what's going on and are doing the job... which includes keeping the details of the investigation under wraps, but to the chagrin of folks on WS.

There's a *message* in both the form (who was there, what was around, where it was held) and content of today's event (the statement, more humanizing info. shared [as they did in the joint interview last week]).

I agree with other posters: the entire event was directed at the SM by LE investigators... as the step-dad would well understand.
    all that being said (and yes, to answer your "my gosh" yes I have seen quite a few of these cases and realize the guidance they were not just 'most likely' but were reportedly under as per their delayed response after questions this morning),

again all that being said, where do you place this case with any other with (sorry for the term) part-time bio mom calling out the step mother of her missing child. The Step mother who her ex husband has recently filed for divorce and filed for a family child abuse prevention restraining order against (and taken her pride and joy.... her baby girl).

I don't see this case as an oh my gosh.. see the similtarities case at all! I have never seen something like this!

it is nuts!
    This bee my opinion

19. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to nursebeeme For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Reannan View Post
    Here's another thing about WW and the Oregonian being declared "not a team player". What have they posted that has harmed or hijacked the search for Kyron?
    SBM.

Someone reported something too close to the truth. At least we know there is more than one newspaper in Oregon that is still capable of investigative journalism. (Digging the dirt.) I knew they would be angry with the Willamette Week, It was the Oregonian getting "booted" that surprised me.

If the press quits digging the people lose interest. I said this in the beginning, I don't care what the press dug up on me as long as my missing child's pic and story was still being shown in the media.

There are some people in this situation that have massive control issues. Makes people start taking a second look at somethings.
    "May God have mercy upon my enemies, because I won't."

General George S. Patton

21. The Following 18 Users Say Thank You to crystalgenie For This Useful Post:

People... my gosh.

Where's the strategy in booting reporters, being team players ? Being allergic to bee stings....well that's kinda DA*NED important info to get out there, especially right at FIRST when no one's sure what the hello happened! Was it to put pressure on TH, I don't think so....there's already PLENTY of pressure. We have entered BIZZAR-O world my friends.
    If there's hink....there must be stink.

23. The Following 19 Users Say Thank You to tehcloser For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by SuziQ View Post
    It probably doesn't help that the lady who manages the church is with them. Her reading comprehension skills suck and left that nasty message on the door for the Oregonian. Am I remembering correctly?
    I think you're referring to the incident from June 13th:

http://blogs.wweek.com/news/2010/06/...horman-search/

The note was posted in response to the Oregonian article that questioned the response time of the school and LE. I don't know how to imbed the image of the note, but the note read:

"Dear Oregonian:

Your implied criticism of law enforcement effort in this search is not the majority opinion by anyone we've talked to in this neighborhood.

Frankly, your Sunday article on the front page is bull*****.

Love,

The owner of this building
    Removal of this notice gets media kicked off the property

(Stuart, we don't feel this way about you)"

------------

Actually, this note helped narrow some things down for me. The ONLY person I don't suspect at this point is Stuart. I am 100% certain that Stuart was not involved. IMO.
    Last edited by Lavender; 07-01-2010 at 06:29 PM.

25. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Lavender For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by daisy7 View Post
    If this is true, how do we explain 2 large media outlets getting kicked out?
    One was allowed back in. WW stayed out.

27. The Following User Says Thank You to 6angels For This Useful Post:

Emma Peel is offline Keep your bowler hat on in times of trouble, & beware of diabolical masterminds.
    Was this just an unfortunate blunder by a desperate family? The WW stood on Terri's doorstep, made her come out with the baby, chatted about grass, and took pictures of her nut house welcome. Maybe, just maybe the WW deserved a slap.

Stepping back just a bit - Perhaps they just need professional help with the media. Perhaps they need an attorney for this criminal matter. (Not to defend them, but to guide them.) Frankly, I'm surprised no one is helping them... Maybe having LE officer in their family makes them a little overconfident on the do-it-yourself front?

I dunno. I'm still stunned & teh still hasn't brought me my smelling salts.

29. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Emma Peel For This Useful Post:

I am quite confuzzled. It just pooped in my head ( my typo and I am leaving it) that there just might be chance that this was all about control over Terri from the beginning. Hmmm there is alot more here than meets the eye. I could come up with a whole conspiracy theory that is just as odd as what I have seen in the past month.

Is there a slim chance that this has all been orchestrated by someone else????
    I admire that so much! (the typo)

That said, I think we may be in for quite a shock if the truth ever comes out. People here are not easily fooled and have been picking up on little "oddities" from the beginning without being disrespectful to anyone involved. Everyone here knows you can't afford to take anyone at face value. Hate to sound paranoid, but it's true.

Surely LE is scrutinizing everything and everyone just as closely as we are. I hope so.

K.

31. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kelly Faraday For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by gliving View Post
    Yea, I think it somehow has to do with Terri hiring the big guns attorney yesterday. Do they think she's hiding behind her attorney, or are they feeling something else - such as jealousy or more importantly: a loss of control over Terri.

Because after all, nothing new was gained today except his birthmark and allergy to bees. And their show of control!
    Good point, because the one really telling comment from TH so far that really appears to ring true is when she said she didn't understand about him leaving because she had been doing "everything he told me to do" up to that point.

jmo

Quote Originally Posted by Lavender View Post
    I think you're referring to the incident from June 13th:

http://blogs.wweek.com/news/2010/06/...horman-search/

The note was posted in response to the Oregonian article that questioned the response time of the school and LE. I don't know how to imbed the image of the note, but the note read:

"Dear Oregonian:

Your implied criticism of law enforcement effort in this search is not the majority opinion by anyone we've talked to in this neighborhood.

Frankly, your Sunday article on the front page is bull*****.

Love,

The owner of this building
    Removal of this notice gets media kicked off the property

(Stuart, we don't feel this way about you)"

------------

Actually, this note helped narrow some things down for me. The ONLY person I don't suspect at this point is Stuart. I'm am 100% certain that Stuart was not involved. IMO.
    Thank you for finding that. I remember now that there wasn't any criticism of LE in that article. Make me wonder what they were smokin.

34. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to SuziQ For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by xin View Post
    My theory is that the Oregonian will go out there with new inspiration to dig, dig dig. TH's atty knows he needs them. The Oregonian drives Oregon news like it or not, Kaine.
    Gloves are off. "There will be blood."

imho
    If anyone noticed on Stephen Houze's website, alot of the articles linked there are from the Oregonian, on past cases. Could that be related? Terri's defense atty seems to get along just fine with the Oregonian.

36. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to fhc For This Useful Post:

The statement wasn't what I expected, but then I have the strong feeling it was not directed at me. It was a desperate measure to do something to try to get Kyron back. I feel for DY, because that must have been incredibly hard to do, to deliver. I don't even want to analyze it, though I could. Since the horror going on isn't about me, I don't take offense at what they feel they have to do to try to save their little boy, if there is any chance at all they can. They owe me nothing and him everything, and his life is at stake. The press will attend to their own hurt feelings, and will be fine as long as they have a story.

38. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to amethyst221 For This Useful Post:

OK... let's think. There was a huge argument Saturday that started around 5:30 or so (don't remember the exact time of the first 911 call). Someone at the Horman home was being 'threatened'. LE came out, and then apparently left. Things did not settle down because a second "child custody" call happened around 11:00 pm that night. KH left with the baby and has successfully managed to get a RO, so that must mean TH was the aggressor in Saturday's event - but she wasn't arrested. Up until this Saturday event, all four of the adults in this case appeared to be supporting each other. Does anyone else have any more information about those 911 calls?

40. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Reannan For This Useful Post:

So,who's getting played here,you know,this whole thing is off,only ones I feel confident in is Desiree and Tony.For all we know TH could have been set up,I think she hasn't been,but if she is the one,why did she do this and why in the heck is he not showing any emotion and looks so nervous?What is all this "control" thing going on?I feel like we're being put to bed for 12 hours and having to stay there till someone comes and gets us and that's suppose to be normal,NOT.

This is too wierd,I mean I feel sorry for Desiree,but she's not wanted custody of either child,the fathers have raised both boys and Terri has raised Kyron.So,what was the reason,if she did,hide Kyron?She knows there's tons of other family she could have reached out to,I'm just not getting it.Oh by the way,if I left home and came back to find my baby gone,you better believe 911 would have to be called. If this was a divorce play,it's sure worked to this point,whose in control?

42. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to winterrose For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by nursebeeme View Post
    all that being said (and yes, to answer your "my gosh" yes I have seen quite a few of these cases and realize the guidance they were not just 'most likely' but were reportedly under as per their delayed response after questions this morning),

again all that being said, where do you place this case with any other with (sorry for the term) part-time bio mom calling out the step mother of her missing child. The Step mother who her ex husband has recently filed for divorce and filed for a family child abuse prevention restraining order against (and taken her pride and joy.... her baby girl).

I don't see this case as an oh my gosh.. see the similtarities case at all! I have never seen something like this!

it is nuts!
    Welcome to the nut house

44. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to daisy7 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by 6angels View Post
    One was allowed back in. WW stayed out.
    They weren't allowed back in either, but allowed to stand with the group to get the feed from ABC's one allowed camera which taped DY's statement. The reporters were sent outside for an hour while that was written and discussed, then only ABC went back inside according to the links.

jmo

There were a few baby pics somewhere. I did not save them and now I cannot find them.
    http://s296.photobucket.com/albums/m...man%20%20-OR-/

47. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to razorback For This Useful Post:

Page 14 of 23 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314151617181920212223 LastLast