1166 users online (245 members and 921 guests)  


Websleuths News


Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 61
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    37,777

    If LE had been more forthcoming in the early days...

    and less secretive, might there have been a better chance of a solution in this case by now? If they had revealed a timeline, explained Terri's movements, asked for witnesses (to those movements) back in early June. perhaps created and displayed a diagram of the parking lot complete with vehicles, etc....instead of backtracking on times of sightings, refusing to answer almost any questions, and practically ceasing all communication with the public and media?

    No one can know for sure, but it seems to me that little would have been lost as far as the "integrity of the investigation" if LE had been more open about what info they did have and what they needed help with, much earlier on. Building a case is one thing, something usually done once the missing person is found or at least later on in the investigation, but this case it seems to have been a priority from the start. Finding Kyron seems to have become almost incidental to the supreme importance of tying up their case. I fear that they lost fresh memories that can never be restored and could possibly have led to locations as yet unknown.
    Just my opinion, of course.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Cahoots
    Posts
    6,534
    I have to agree with you. I defended their need to keep some information to themselves (and still do) but I fail to see how releasing this >2 months later can do anything but muddy the waters. I also think that with what they have released, and by waiting that long, they're certainly not going to get the unbiased tips they claim to want.

  3. #3
    BetteDavisEyes's Avatar
    BetteDavisEyes is offline "Fasten your seatbelts. It's going to be a bumpy night."
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Metro Detroit
    Posts
    22,178
    I also think it would have been helpful if Kaine and Desiree had not waited as long as they did to speak to the media. An immediate plea for their son's return might have convinced the perp/perps that they were not going to get away with the removal of Kyron from his family for whatever reasons they deemed appropriate and necessary. I can't imagine that LE would not have allowed distraught parents to make attempts to get their missing child back. jmo

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    7,701
    It comes to mind, and this probably can go on the "unusual" thread.....that LE has spent and continues to spend an inordinate amount of time trying to verify Terri's alibi. Is that typical? Don't they typically say to a "de facto suspect" "Hey, you don't have an alibi and therefore you are a suspect." Why have they put so much effort into trying to verify Terri's whereabouts? Isn't that for her attorney to do, find people who will corroborate her story?

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    37,777
    Quote Originally Posted by debs View Post
    It comes to mind, and this probably can go on the "unusual" thread.....that LE has spent and continues to spend an inordinate amount of time trying to verify Terri's alibi. Is that typical? Don't they typically say to a "de facto suspect" "Hey, you don't have an alibi and therefore you are a suspect." Why have they put so much effort into trying to verify Terri's whereabouts? Isn't that for her attorney to do, find people who will corroborate her story?
    I think her alibi is a problem for LE, as the parts that can be verified seem to have been verified. They are seeking witnesses to the "holes" in the alibi. But doing it this late, instead of when they got the info three months ago, seems almost futile. But yes, as you said, it does seem as though usually the defense is the one working on confirming alibis.
    Just my opinion, of course.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    2,229
    IMO LE has done a very good job in their investigation.
    The original flier they came out with, IMO was from a person that saw the truck and possibly Terri and Kyron, in a different location, that Terry told LE where she parked when she arrived at the school.
    LE wants people to tell what they saw that morning, without the power of suggestion. IMO the second flier they came out with, IMO was a little more info, about what they had already been told.
    I don't think they just pulled it out of their hat's as to the locations of The Horman truck at the FM stores, IMO they have it on surveillance video.
    LE, IMO, is never going to tell the public, what they have in the way of evidence in a case, they want as many people to tell them what they saw to corroborate what other people have told them.
    It is up to LE to figure out Terri's time line, as to what she told them, if something sounds hinky to them, they are going to look into everything she has told them.
    As far as TP's statement's that he made to the press, it meerly said he saw Kyron that morning, no times, nor that he saw Kyron in the class, after 8:45, 9:00. As far as him telling, about what the chaperon said to the tracher, IMO, there had to of been other students there, the teacher and the chaperon, to tell LE what happened. IMO TP, the teacher and the chaperone were not the only ones present at the time.
    IMO LE has not botched this case, nor should they have given more information to the public than they did. MOO

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    521
    Quote Originally Posted by cluciano63 View Post
    and less secretive, might there have been a better chance of a solution in this case by now? If they had revealed a timeline, explained Terri's movements, asked for witnesses (to those movements) back in early June. perhaps created and displayed a diagram of the parking lot complete with vehicles, etc....instead of backtracking on times of sightings, refusing to answer almost any questions, and practically ceasing all communication with the public and media?

    No one can know for sure, but it seems to me that little would have been lost as far as the "integrity of the investigation" if LE had been more open about what info they did have and what they needed help with, much earlier on. Building a case is one thing, something usually done once the missing person is found or at least later on in the investigation, but this case it seems to have been a priority from the start. Finding Kyron seems to have become almost incidental to the supreme importance of tying up their case. I fear that they lost fresh memories that can never be restored and could possibly have led to locations as yet unknown.
    It's frustrating to ponder this... My worry is that they gave Desiree's suspicions of Terri more weight because her husband is in LE... moo

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    NE
    Posts
    373
    Quote Originally Posted by Jo in Calif View Post
    IMO LE has done a very good job in their investigation.
    The original flier they came out with, IMO was from a person that saw the truck and possibly Terri and Kyron, in a different location, that Terry told LE where she parked when she arrived at the school.
    LE wants people to tell what they saw that morning, without the power of suggestion. IMO the second flier they came out with, IMO was a little more info, about what they had already been told.
    I don't think they just pulled it out of their hat's as to the locations of The Horman truck at the FM stores, IMO they have it on surveillance video.
    LE, IMO, is never going to tell the public, what they have in the way of evidence in a case, they want as many people to tell them what they saw to corroborate what other people have told them.
    It is up to LE to figure out Terri's time line, as to what she told them, if something sounds hinky to them, they are going to look into everything she has told them.
    As far as TP's statement's that he made to the press, it meerly said he saw Kyron that morning, no times, nor that he saw Kyron in the class, after 8:45, 9:00. As far as him telling, about what the chaperon said to the tracher, IMO, there had to of been other students there, the teacher and the chaperon, to tell LE what happened. IMO TP, the teacher and the chaperone were not the only ones present at the time.
    IMO LE has not botched this case, nor should they have given more information to the public than they did. MOO
    While I can see your point of view, I respectfully disagree.
    Fliers themselves in my opinion are very 'suggestive' of what LE is wanting to know. The first flier came out in the immediate aftermath and featured TH-which in my mind I would take to mean "hey, I thought I saw a purple man with green hair with a child that kinda looked like Kyron-BUT LE already knows who did it, so that must have not been him".

    Furthermore, due to the 'please don't talk to the media' that has been going on we have heard from VERY FEW people at the school. Correct me if I am wrong, but TP never said that asking about Kyron occurred just between him, the chaperone, and the teacher-just that in his story they are the main players.

    We know from the leaked e-mails that TH had a/her timeline down immediately afterwards. IF LE had focused on corroborating that timeline then people wouldn't have been asked 2< to remember where they parked at a grocery store.

    Maybe LE really did think that she would 'roll over' quickly and wouldn't need to do as much field work. BUT from what has been shown to me in the media, IF LE had been more forthcoming in the beginning TH could have been ruled out or arrested sooner.

    Quote Originally Posted by gardeness View Post
    It's frustrating to ponder this... My worry is that they gave Desiree's suspicions of Terri more weight because her husband is in LE... moo
    This.

    My thoughts:
    LE is sadly up a creek w/out a paddle-and you know which creek. I believe this because, of the asking for information more than 2 months in that people had no real reason to remember. I believe that LE focused on TH (maybe with good reason) from the very beginning. And instead of focusing on her by process of elimination (parking lot charts at the school, ect.) she was suspect #1 from the very beginning. Maybe she did it, but if she didn't I believe that the sole focus on her has allowed the real culprit to get away. Where would they even start if it wasn't TH?

    Solely in my opinion, LE isn't more forthcoming because, quite frankly their isn't much to be forthcoming about. Like a losing game of clue, they think they know who dunit, but they don't know where, when (oops 90 minute timeframe), or why.

    I believe they hinged too much on the alleged MFH plot and TH. JMO.
    Moo, moo, moo...I moo but don't call me a cow!

    Please don't take what I say personal...internet speak is hard to become fluent in! Please know that unless I state otherwise everything I say is because I want to further the discussion.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    199
    Absolutely...

    Why did they not ask for witnesses of Terri's alibi and truck in the parking lot in the days after June 4th? Noone is going to remember details that insignificant after 2 months. It makes no sense whatsoever.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    199
    Quote Originally Posted by goatman View Post
    I believe they hinged too much on the alleged MFH plot and TH. JMO.
    I agree with your whole post... but this line sums it up nicely. They put all of their eggs in one basket... and then dropped the basket.


  11. #11
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    2,229
    Quote Originally Posted by goatman View Post
    While I can see your point of view, I respectfully disagree.
    Fliers themselves in my opinion are very 'suggestive' of what LE is wanting to know. The first flier came out in the immediate aftermath and featured TH-which in my mind I would take to mean "hey, I thought I saw a purple man with green hair with a child that kinda looked like Kyron-BUT LE already knows who did it, so that must have not been him".

    Furthermore, due to the 'please don't talk to the media' that has been going on we have heard from VERY FEW people at the school. Correct me if I am wrong, but TP never said that asking about Kyron occurred just between him, the chaperone, and the teacher-just that in his story they are the main players.

    We know from the leaked e-mails that TH had a/her timeline down immediately afterwards. IF LE had focused on corroborating that timeline then people wouldn't have been asked 2< to remember where they parked at a grocery store.

    Maybe LE really did think that she would 'roll over' quickly and wouldn't need to do as much field work. BUT from what has been shown to me in the media, IF LE had been more forthcoming in the beginning TH could have been ruled out or arrested sooner.



    This.

    My thoughts:
    LE is sadly up a creek w/out a paddle-and you know which creek. I believe this because, of the asking for information more than 2 months in that people had no real reason to remember. I believe that LE focused on TH (maybe with good reason) from the very beginning. And instead of focusing on her by process of elimination (parking lot charts at the school, ect.) she was suspect #1 from the very beginning. Maybe she did it, but if she didn't I believe that the sole focus on her has allowed the real culprit to get away. Where would they even start if it wasn't TH?

    Solely in my opinion, LE isn't more forthcoming because, quite frankly their isn't much to be forthcoming about. Like a losing game of clue, they think they know who dunit, but they don't know where, when (oops 90 minute timeframe), or why.

    I believe they hinged too much on the alleged MFH plot and TH. JMO.
    As I stated, I think LE came out with the first flier, because, IMO that they already had a witness, from the interviews conducted, at the school, on the 5th and 6th. IMO the people being interviewed had no idea what LE thought at that time, they just told LE what they witnessed.
    If in fact, someone saw Kyron by the truck, with possibly Terri, at a time later than what Terri had told them, what was LE supposed to do with that information, ignore it? If in fact LE feels as though Terri left the school that day with Kyron, LE doesn't know what happened to him after they left the school, only that he is gone. IMO, LE knows Terri took Kyron, but doesn't know what she did with him. They didn't arrest her right away for kidnapping, or custodial interference, because their main goal is to find Kyron.
    The only reason I mentioned TP is because some people think that LE ignored what he said, IMO, they didn't, because every one, as far as we know, were interviewed, they just didnt go to the media with their story.
    As far as her time line, IMO, LE doesn't disbelieve her, that she was in those stores, just the fact, they were trying to find out if any one might have seen Kyron with her. After she left the 2nd FM, I would think LE has a pretty accurate time she left, and a pretty accurate time she checked in to the gym, with babyK. IMO this is the time they are questioning, and it could very well be more than 90 minutes, or just a few minutes, Terry claims to be driving to sooth or put the baby to sleep.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Philadelphia, PA
    Posts
    549
    Quote Originally Posted by debs View Post
    It comes to mind, and this probably can go on the "unusual" thread.....that LE has spent and continues to spend an inordinate amount of time trying to verify Terri's alibi. Is that typical? Don't they typically say to a "de facto suspect" "Hey, you don't have an alibi and therefore you are a suspect." Why have they put so much effort into trying to verify Terri's whereabouts? Isn't that for her attorney to do, find people who will corroborate her story?
    I think they spent their time trying to disprove her alibi. I think they put 99% of their efforts into proving their initial suspicion about her and didn't even consider an alternative theory. It seemed to me from the beginning when they told the public there was no reason to fear for their children, LE has decided on the culprit.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    a little west of southern hospitality.
    Posts
    2,199
    Case has been botched, this is my honest opinion.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    12,152
    I can't help but wonder why Desiree and Kaine are so positive and pleased with how the investigation is going. Obviously, they must know more than any one of us here. I would think if they were not pleased, they would deflect the questions about it a little more.
    The world is full of monsters with friendly faces and angels full of scars. ~ Unknown

    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~ Aristotle

    The difference between fiction and reality? Fiction has to make sense.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    37,777
    Quote Originally Posted by goatman View Post
    SNARK ALERT:

    or they want to keep being "team players"...
    Or because Tony is LE, and also because they don't want to get even less info than they are getting...
    Just my opinion, of course.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast


Similar Threads

  1. JP to appear on CBS Early Show 08-25-11
    By TGIRecovered in forum Susan Cox Powell
    Replies: 167
    Last Post: 08-28-2011, 01:40 AM
  2. Was the 31 days possibly 31 days of planning a murder of her parents?
    By Chewy in forum Caylee Anthony 2 years old
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 07-04-2011, 11:17 AM

Tags for this Thread