If LE had been more forthcoming in the early days...

Kyron hasn't been found yet. LE would have a much stronger case if Kyron could be found. I have to remember that is important if they intend to charge someone of something and have it stick.

Yes, a whole school day went by before LE got the report of a missing boy. They've done searches. They have cell ping records and other people's accounts, and receipts, but no Kyron has been found in the general area. They must be very sure of what they're doing. I can only keep praying for Kyron and his parents.

Let's make a hypothetical case here. Your child is missing. You have no idea what has happened. But you start getting info from LE and some of your hinks start to add up and you see who the person is.

It is your child that is missing. Are you going to jump on the step mother because you don't like her and go with it?

Yay. LE doesn't like the step mother either. Who cares who took our child or where he may be. Let's go after the step mother.

I don't think so. Maybe if it was the case of the missing I phone. This is much too critical (to say the least).

Go after the step mother for what? What do they have? No Kyron, no body found, everything hinges on the school and vehicles/people seen, but we don't really know what more they have. The parents are alluding to Kyron being alive and in someone's care. Aren't we waiting for more and an arrest anytime soon, or what will LE say?

I think the later fliers and questions asked by LE were the result of further investigation. I don't think LE decided to let information out weeks and months after they knew it. They let information out as they fit together pieces of the puzzle and discovered new pieces.

I think the later fliers and questions asked by LE were the result of further investigation. I don't think LE decided to let information out weeks and months after they knew it. They let information out as they fit together pieces of the puzzle and discovered new pieces.

They would have known Terri's timeline of her day by June 5th and could have begun asking for witnesses at the various places much sooner than when they finally did.

They would have known Terri's timeline of her day by June 5th and could have begun asking for witnesses at the various places much sooner than when they finally did.

They asked for witnesses immediately at the school.. After questioning DDS and other friends, and after the bat phone incidents, they began to focus on other places and seek information about other people.

As for Terri's timeline, it was said by Desiree that it didn't add up and that her story kept changing. I disagree that they knew all the issues about Terri's timeline by June 5th. She had several polygraphs ahead of her at that point...

IIRC The GJ was called quite soon. IMO these witnesses have been called. They were just trying to see if they might jar any more witnesses memory's.

IIRC The GJ was called quite soon. IMO these witnesses have been called. They were just trying to see if they might jar any more witnesses memory's.

The GJ has been seated for some time, not called specifically because Kyron disappeared.

They asked for witnesses immediately at the school.. After questioning DDS and other friends, and after the bat phone incidents, they began to focus on other places and seek information about other people.

As for Terri's timeline, it was said by Desiree that it didn't add up and that her story kept changing. I disagree that they knew all the issues about Terri's timeline by June 5th. She had several polygraphs ahead of her at that point...

I think that what Desiree has alleged is that Terri didn't remember where she'd been that day, which, it turns out, is not true.

Are you referring to the witnesses who might have seen Terri at one of the grocery stores (when LE put out pics of where Terri parked in the store parking lots)? TIA!

I cannot recall a single case where a distraught parent's pleas for the safe return of their child had a positive result. Maybe some parental abductions, but I can't recall any cases like that, either.

I could easily be wrong, though.

BBM. If, by "positive result", you mean that the missing child was returned to the parents, I would probably have to agree. That said, in most cases, the parents made attempts to plead for their children's safe return, spoke up for their missing children, and provided the public with information regarding the missing loved ones so that we would appreciate the importance of the children to be reunited with their parents and family.

Kyron's parents did not speak to the media for several days following his disappearance. Regardless of their reasoning or hesitation in doing so, I thought it more than a little strange that Kyron's parents didn't plead openly for his return or speak about their missing son in the early days of the case. I couldn't help wondering why they weren't speaking up about Kyron, and, to this day, their silence remains one of the strangest things about the case for me. jmo

Not several weeks. Nine days.

I think that what Desiree has alleged is that Terri didn't remember where she'd been that day, which, it turns out, is not true.

I think Terri remembered what she did for a portion of her day but kept changing her story about the middle.

Odd they did not interview Dave Stenson...nor did they even know he mowed the grass at the school that day...until week 10. Who else did LE fail to interview? I find it incredibly strange that LE made a statement within 24 hours that this was an isolated incident...how would they know that and rule out an SO so quickly? Something smells here....

I think Terri remembered what she did for a portion of her day but kept changing her story about the middle.

The only change I've heard of for that time is between her saying the baby was fussy and the baby had an earache (iirc)--is there more? (If so, will you post a link? TIA!)

Odd they did not interview Dave Stenson...nor did they even know he mowed the grass at the school that day...until week 10. Who else did LE fail to interview? I find it incredibly strange that LE made a statement within 24 hours that this was an isolated incident...how would they know that and rule out an SO so quickly? Something smells here....

Yes--this!

It comes to mind, and this probably can go on the "unusual" thread.....that LE has spent and continues to spend an inordinate amount of time trying to verify Terri's alibi. Is that typical? Don't they typically say to a "de facto suspect" "Hey, you don't have an alibi and therefore you are a suspect." Why have they put so much effort into trying to verify Terri's whereabouts? Isn't that for her attorney to do, find people who will corroborate her story?
That's a good observation, debs. Normally that would be true. This is an atypical situation, though. The true nature of the crime is yet unknown, and Kyron is still missing. My guess is that LE is proceeding on the belief that verification of Terri's whereabouts will ultimately lead to Kyron's whereabouts. They're not building an alibi for Terri. Rather they're trying to fill in time/space markers to narrow the trail.

and less secretive, might there have been a better chance of a solution in this case by now? If they had revealed a timeline, explained Terri's movements, asked for witnesses (to those movements) back in early June. perhaps created and displayed a diagram of the parking lot complete with vehicles, etc....instead of backtracking on times of sightings, refusing to answer almost any questions, and practically ceasing all communication with the public and media?

No one can know for sure, but it seems to me that little would have been lost as far as the "integrity of the investigation" if LE had been more open about what info they did have and what they needed help with, much earlier on. Building a case is one thing, something usually done once the missing person is found or at least later on in the investigation, but this case it seems to have been a priority from the start. Finding Kyron seems to have become almost incidental to the supreme importance of tying up their case. I fear that they lost fresh memories that can never be restored and could possibly have led to locations as yet unknown.
It's a tough call. Doing what you suggest would have been tantamount to naming Terri a suspect and thrown her guard up. She would've hired an attorney and dummied up sooner than she did. The odds of finding a missing child alive diminish quickly, but for at least the first few weeks LE had to conduct the investigation under the assumption that they were searching for a live Kyron, so the stakes were extremely high. An open line of communication with Terri was imperative. I think LE might've held out longer if the LS hadn't forced their hand.

It's an awfully narrow precipice to scale, and I'm not comfortable second guessing LE. I firmly believe that their only goal in the beginning was finding Kyron, not building a case against Terri.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname
Back