Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: SC - Annette Deanne Sagers, 11, Mount Holly, 4 Oct 1988

I am not sure why the LE had so much trouble with these cases. I talked with them and gave them a sample of Annette's handwriting so that they could check it against the note that was left at the bus stop shelter. She disappeared a year after her mother. I have always prayed that her mother came back to get her. The strange thing I remember after her mother was taken, was that the car she was driving was left where the drive met the highway. Both front doors were left open. That always puzzled me. Two people leaving fast?

2. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to carolinagirl56 For This Useful Post:

You all did some great work. I have to say that my heart is hopeful that Annette is alive and well. I was her 6th grade teacher, the year she went missing. She was the sweetest child. Big brown eyes and so shy. It just never leaves you. Thanks for all you have done to look into this case.

4. The Following 19 Users Say Thank You to carolinagirl56 For This Useful Post:

Trying so hard to think back to what I remember about the case and what went on. Annette is Korrina's daughter, the boys are Thomas' sons. Mom disappeared one year before Annette. There was a note left and the police came to me to get a sample of her handwriting. It did match. They were very quiet about the case as it evolved. We looked everywhere and there was nothing. I always prayed that her mom came back to get her. If not, whoever did come to get her knew about her mother's case. Annette was not a happy child. She was very quiet and kept her head down most of the time. I knew something was wrong the first day I saw her.
    The boys in the gene report are the brothers, the names are right anyway. I hope they find each other. I would love to get this thread going again. Maybe not to actually find her, but to know she is alive and happy...finally.

6. The Following 18 Users Say Thank You to carolinagirl56 For This Useful Post:

I think, it doesn`t make any difference if the handwirting on the letter matches Anette's handwriting or not. The abductor could have easily forced her to write anything he wanted.

Quote Originally Posted by Mischa View Post
    I think, it doesn`t make any difference if the handwirting on the letter matches Anette's handwriting or not. The abductor could have easily forced her to write anything he wanted.
    You are so right. I guess they just wanted to make sure that it was indeed her at the shed.

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to carolinagirl56 For This Useful Post:

Held you in my heart for 22 years. I pray that you are alive and happy. Please let someone know you are ok. Your 6th grade teacher at WMS.

11. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to carolinagirl56 For This Useful Post:

D. Malinoski claims she is the aunt of the half-sister looking for her brothers.

The half-sister claims she is the boys' 'half-sister on the father's side.' Annette would be their step-sister, seeing as they have no biological parents in common. Annette is Korrina's daughter from a previous relationship, and the boys are Thomas' sons from a previous relationship. So a half-sister previous to the boys' births is plausible.

I'd like to know when Korrina and Thomas were married.

I'd like to state, hypothetically, that if Korrina took Annette and not the boys, it should not be assumed it was because she had a poor relationship with them/that she didn't love them/that she had not bonded with them. Annette was her biological daughter. If she had taken the boys, it could be construed as kidnapping.

Carolinagirl56, I hope you're still around. You said she was not a happy child. Do you think she could be classified as an abused or neglected child? I went to WMS too, some years later.

nothing seems black when i see your red shoes

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to youshouldveknown For This Useful Post:

someone help please

after the geneology posts

maybe they found each other & are communicating privately ...

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to LadyL For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by LadyL View Post
    after the geneology posts

maybe they found each other & are communicating privately ...
    I tend to agree with you LadyL, I hope you are right.

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to momtolil For This Useful Post:

That wasn't her. That was a half-sister on the FATHER'S side. Annette was not Thomas' biological daughter. Even if the poster WAS Annette, she would not be related to the boys on the FATHER'S side. She would be the boys' half sister on their MOTHER'S side. However, the boys were not Korrina's sons.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to youshouldveknown For This Useful Post:

Update to Geneology Posts

I wanted to send out an update to all who were wondering about what happened with the half sister. I am the half sister although I am not Annette. The first child born although did not grow up with my biological father as he left my mother before I was born, I only happen to be the same age as Annette. The search for my father and his family back in 1994 led me to the discovery of other half siblings also fathered by Thomas Steven Malinoski and the sad disappearance of Annette and her mother Korrina. For years I searched for my brothers and we have infact reunited and correspond regularly. I could not be more proud of the men they have become then if we had grown up together and am greatful to geneology for helping to reunite us. Technology is a wonderful thing. I still hope that thier mother and sister are found safe in a new life somewhere and hope that they are able to reconnect with each other as I know they wish this as well.

Was anyone able to find any further information about the facebook page of Korrina? I looked it up and thought of sending a friend request but I don't accept friend request from people I don't know so can't imagine anyone else who would. Especially if they dissappeared of there own free will (which is my hope) They may not want to be found.

Welcome! If you have a facebook her fb profile has a message and friend request button.
    I wish we had a pic of Korrina from back then to compare.
    Cindi Lou

Some people may consider me crazy, I say I'm just inspired.

23. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Sleuthster For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by alwayssearching View Post
    I wanted to send out an update to all who were wondering about what happened with the half sister. I am the half sister although I am not Annette. The first child born although did not grow up with my biological father as he left my mother before I was born, I only happen to be the same age as Annette. The search for my father and his family back in 1994 led me to the discovery of other half siblings also fathered by Thomas Steven Malinoski and the sad disappearance of Annette and her mother Korrina. For years I searched for my brothers and we have infact reunited and correspond regularly. I could not be more proud of the men they have become then if we had grown up together and am greatful to geneology for helping to reunite us. Technology is a wonderful thing. I still hope that thier mother and sister are found safe in a new life somewhere and hope that they are able to reconnect with each other as I know they wish this as well.

Was anyone able to find any further information about the facebook page of Korrina? I looked it up and thought of sending a friend request but I don't accept friend request from people I don't know so can't imagine anyone else who would. Especially if they dissappeared of there own free will (which is my hope) They may not want to be found.
    I was wondering about what you said that you hope that thier mother and sister are found safe. Was Korrina the bio mother of your brothers?

Tunker2000

I was wondering about what you said that you hope that thier mother and sister are found safe. Was Korrina the bio mother of your brothers?

In response to your question yes Korrina is thier mother. They still hope to find her.

26. The Following User Says Thank You to alwayssearching For This Useful Post:

Annette

I am a distant cousin of Annette Sagers. I would love more information carolinagirl56 any. I am 1 year older than Annette and this has been a mystery for our family. My grandmother raised Annettes mother off and on after Korrina's mother was killed. I would love for you to contact me about this.
    Love her Iowa family.

28. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Tommi76 For This Useful Post:

Korrina and Annette have never contacted her family in Iowa. We have not heard from her. We have always wondered and have our own theories as to what happened. @alwayssearching. I would like to believe your story of knowing the boys and speaking to them. If you are in touch with them I would love to get in contact with them. So please send me the information.

30. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Tommi76 For This Useful Post:

This is the area I grew up. I went to WES, WMS, SHS. This case is also special to me. I'd like to get as much information about this case as I can.

Quote Originally Posted by alwayssearching View Post

In response to your question yes Korrina is thier mother. They still hope to find her.
    I was under the impression through newspaper articles that Korrina was not the biological mother of the boys. Korrina had Annette from a previous relationship, and Steven had the boys from a previous relationship. I always thought this was why Korrina would come back for Annette and not the boys.

If this is incorrect then my mind is a little bit blown. Can you give us any information regarding life with Annette and/or Korrina from the boys' perspectives? It would be wonderful if they were willing to join in and give us insight.

I'm also curious about Steven. He seemed to sow some pretty wild oats. Can you tell us how many children he's had?

I've got to be honest, I'm pretty excited about the new activity on this case!

Thanks!

33. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to youshouldveknown For This Useful Post:

Bump for this case. Any new info? Seems like it was gaining momentum for awhile. Prayers for the family to find Annette and her mother.

35. The Following User Says Thank You to tmamaa515 For This Useful Post:

Lost_Son is offline Verified insider - Annette & Korrina Sagers case

2013 Update

Quote Originally Posted by tmamaa515 View Post
    Bump for this case. Any new info? Seems like it was gaining momentum for awhile. Prayers for the family to find Annette and her mother.
    I have a current update on this case. I am one of the prior sons of Thomas Stephen Malinoski (aka Steve). I no longer refer to my self as his son and have not since he gave up his rights as a parent. I go by Tommy. I am his oldest son. My full blood brother, James, is the one that contacted our half sister (Steve's daughther) in regards to Genealogy post. My half sister keeps contact with us on a frequent basis. James and I are still looking for our mother, Korrina. We also, have another half sister that is another one of Steve's daughters that lives in Louisiana. So, Steve had 2 daughters with two seperate women prior to James and I being born. Annette was with Korrina when we were born. Now, Steve is married to another woman that lives in Florida and has three more kids. If anyone has any possible leads, please let me know.

Welcome Tommy. I think about Annette's case often. How old where you when she went missing? Where you old enough to remember what happened that day?
    Cindi Lou

Some people may consider me crazy, I say I'm just inspired.

38. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Sleuthster For This Useful Post:

I am glad people are still posting to this thread. I do not remember anything about that day. I do remember living on a plantation when I was younger. I always had a gut feeling that I had an older sister that was in the house with James and I. James and I were adopted when I was about 16 and it was in '88 Steve relinquished his rights as a parent. We were in foster homes and in a large group home. I was born in '84 and I believe I was 4 when she went missing. I do however, remember moving and living with an older couple in Florida when Steve was still around. I am sure that was his parents. We moved shortly after that to the projects.

This is our story as follows...

James and I asked to go to a friends house. Steve was in the bathroom and said "Yes, I'll be here in a second." Needless to say, he never showed up, Our friends mother called the police around 12 and 1 in the morning and they came to pick us up. I tried to tell them I thought I knew where he might be, but they would not listen and said they they were running out of time and had to return to the station. James and I spent the night in a cell and had a midnight snack. We woke up the next morning on our way to our first foster home. They soon packed up and moved out of state and we then went to the next foster home. It was soon after this, that we started having supervised visits with Steve. This did not last long, as he gave up his rights.

James became known as the problem child and I was the Goody-Two-Shoes. For the next three foster homes, we were together at first. He would leave after the foster family had enough of him and he would go to a home for problem children. James and I would meet up when I moved onto the next foster home. HRS, now known as DCF, was trying to keep us together, I guess (I think it was more our case workers than anything else). We finally moved to a group home that was family oriented and had six homes on the campus that varied in age groups per home. We were there together for 4 1/2 years.

In that time we met one family that was going to adopt the two of us, but when it came down to it, they backed out. I am sure it was because of pressure that was being put onto them by the home we were living and possibly DCF. About a year before we left there, we met another family and they fought for us and succeeded in an adoption of the two of us.

James and I both served in the US Marines. He did 2 tours in Iraq and I did 3. We were both Honorably Discharged for our services. He did do some college, but he has not found his niche in life just yet because he cannot make up his mind. This is because there is so much that he want to do. Currently, he is doing well and I talk to him on a weekly basis. When I was done with the Marines, I started college, and just recently graduated with my Bachelor's in Computer Sciences.

We both keep in consistant contact with out half sister that was looking for us through Genealogy.com.

In the previous posts, others have posted linked for social sites. I have done a little investigating of my own on them, but do not see any solid resemblances to pictures that we have of Korrina and Annette.

If there are any more questions, feel free to ask. I will keep lines of communication open. I look forward to more information on my missing sister and mother.

Thank you again, all.

Quote Originally Posted by carolinagirl56 View Post
    I was her teacher at the time of her abduction. It has weighed heavy on my heart for these many years. I pray that she will be found and safe.
    Do you have any pictures of my sister that I could have?

41. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Lost_Son For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Sable View Post
    There is an Annette Sagers on MySpace. The age matches...

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm...ndID=105418723
    This is not her. She is caucasian.

43. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Lost_Son For This Useful Post:

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast