Page 11 of 22 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: IN - Lauren Spierer, 20, Bloomington, 03 June 2011 - #2

Lauren's episode will be viewable online tomorrow. For those who weren't able to see it tonight.
    http://www.fox.com/americasmostwanted/full-episodes/
    You are the anchor to my soul, you won't let go ...

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Knox For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by hyldo View Post
    If it is a relative of JW, they've probably had their phones ringing at home and work around the clock, and there have probably been reporters knocking on the door at all hours. I think anyone in that situation would be hard pressed to maintain their rationality.
    I'm sure they've been hounded by reporters but at the end of the day a young lady is missing, and I just think that shows a lack of impulse control. It would be one thing to tear out of there in a hurry, but the way he drove towards the reporters is just disturbing.

4. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to ellehill For This Useful Post:

I don't get it. I have American's Most Wanted on right now but it is showing a case from Los Angeles CA. Maybe Lauren's case will be on the 2nd half of the show?

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sandangel For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by sandangel View Post
    I don't get it. I have American's Most Wanted on right now but it is showing a case from Los Angeles CA. Maybe Lauren's case will be on the 2nd half of the show?
    The segment just completed. It was only approximately 3 minutes in length...

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to fedfan4life For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by curiousgirl2010 View Post
    Just to say this again: ALL these kids are east coast Jewish kids... It's an EXTREMELY tight knit community as they have been going to camps, temple, together all their lives.

I am Jewish from São Paulo, Brazil. I'm 24. I have a few Jewish American friends in NYC and most of those friends are friends in common on facebook with a lot of Lauren's friends. This is how TIGHT and connected this community is.
    This is a 2nd post I've seen regarding ethnoreligious implication. Could someone please explain to me what being "Jewish" has to do with this case? Have I missed something?
    ......... ..........
    .my opinions are my own.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to ChuckMaureen For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by fedfan4life View Post
    The segment just completed. It was only approximately 3 minutes in length...
    I knew it would be short...what can they really say? They aren't asking America to look out for a suspect, and they can only show her picture and tell where she was last seen...
    Just my opinion, of course.

Quote Originally Posted by Whatever1 View Post
    Can someone straighten this out for me?

The last time she was caught on video was walking from her apart. with CR to his apartment at 3:00am.

When she left at approx. 4:15 she was not caught on video? Was she supposedly taking the alley home, the same alley she was caught on video earlier, or was she taking a different path home?

I know college kids get used to their surroundings and walking everywhere; but familiar or not, nothing could get me to walk in an alley surrounded with bushes on each side, not very lit, by myself at 4:15.
    Not sure if this link has been posted...

http://www.wthr.com/story/14862036/p...tment-building

13. The Following User Says Thank You to jabberwocky For This Useful Post:

The Jewish community here at IU is HUGE. Over 10% of the student population is Jewish. They commonly hang out in close knit cliques and many live in the Smallwood area. Not to stereotype, but the Jewish population in the downtown area of Bloomington is notorious for partying--drinking, smoking pot, popping pills, snorting coke, etc. They're also often from the East Coast and have known each other for years because of Jewish camps and whatnot. Don't get me wrong, many are great students and members of the community. Also, there is an off-campus Jewish fraternity...many of its members live in the Smallwood area. I'm almost positive that JW is in that fraternity and JR may be a member (based on mutual friends and photos on facebook). I know that MB and CR are NOT members of the frat. Not sure if this helps any, but it kinda puts perspective on the social scene of LS's group of friends.

15. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to bloomington For This Useful Post:

I haven't heard anyone come out and say that Lauren would never have walked alone at 4am...so perhaps no one was surprised by her wanting to do so, if she did. Usually parents and friends would be saying that there would be no way she would do that.

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cluciano63 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by cluciano63 View Post
    I haven't heard anyone come out and say that Lauren would never have walked alone at 4am...so perhaps no one was surprised by her wanting to do so, if she did. Usually parents and friends would be saying that there would be no way she would do that.
    It's one of the top "party schools." It appears to be not uncommon for the students to walk all hours of the night to and from bars.

19. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to jjenny For This Useful Post:

I knew it would be short...what can they really say? They aren't asking America to look out for a suspect, and they can only show her picture and tell where she was last seen...
    It was a very short segment. Kind of disappointing. No new info at all.

21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jjenny For This Useful Post:

Yeah, not much to say @ this point...

FYI - I did not mean to come across as critical of the length. I was simply letting the other poster know that it was over.

23. The Following User Says Thank You to fedfan4life For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by fedfan4life View Post
    Yeah, not much to say @ this point...

FYI - I did not mean to come across as critical of the length. I was simply letting the other poster know that it was over.
    I know, I think some may be expecting an entire show, or half the show, dedicated to this case, but when they do a segment on a missing person, it is always very brief.

Is Lauren's FB page searchable?? I haven't been able to find her.

I can no longer find Corey Rossman and Jesse Wolff either. I see above that Jesse changed his name. That is weird to me. It was private anyway. All you could see was his friends and some info, you couldn't see his wall.

I've never found Jay Rosenbaum.

26. The Following User Says Thank You to mrsu For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by mrsu View Post
    Is Lauren's FB page searchable?? I haven't been able to find her.

I can no longer find Corey Rossman and Jesse Wolff either. I see above that Jesse changed his name. That is weird to me. It was private anyway. All you could see was his friends and some info, you couldn't see his wall.

I've never found Jay Rosenbaum.
    I think just in the last few minutes, that JW facebook, under the different name, is now gone - or changed again.

Life is precious!

Quote Originally Posted by jjenny View Post
    From what was reported, based on some tip. But nothing came out of it so far.
    I think he/she is talking about the next day search done by family, locals and friends. They went straight to the lakes.

bumping
    Quote Originally Posted by bessie View Post
    A couple of pointers for new members and existing members who haven't posted in awhile:

Do not link to Facebook, Myspace and other social networking sites associated with individuals such as relatives and friends of victims and suspects. Generally, it is okay to link to a victim's page or a suspect's page after an arrest is made.

Do not copy and paste posts or comments from other sites. If you come across a post/comment that is pertinent to the discussion, type a sentence or two describing what it says, and then post a link. Please use common sense when referencing comments from other sites.

We can cut and paste from news articles, but no more than 10% of the original article. And always provide a link.

Here are a couple of threads that contain helpful user information. There are others posted in the sticky section of the forums.

Terms of Service - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

Threadiquette- Questions about rules welcome here - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community
    HANNAH GRAHAM TIP LINE (434) 295-3851
    EMAIL: CPDtips@charlottesville.org

Muddy water in the street
    ; Muddy water 'round my feet... as sung by the inimitable Bessie Smith, "Muddy Water (A Mississippi Moan)"

Quote Originally Posted by amzberry View Post
    I think just in the last few minutes, that JW facebook, under the different name, is now gone - or changed again.
    I found him. If you type in Jesse and then change the education search to Indiana University he will come up. Same avatar as before.

Quote Originally Posted by puffster View Post
    I see a KT mentioned upthread. Can someone help with that id?
    He was interviewed a few days back by the press. He was in a video. He was saying how he has seen her before walking by his building which is where CR lives. I am very sure he has nothing to do with this case. The press qas trying to get quotes from residents.

SmoothOperator is offline Sadly what connects all these puzzles is that there's a victim@the heart of each
    Ok so CR's ATTY who has had no issue being open with the media since his first having been retained(which I personally feel is refreshing as with so many cases NO one, even loose lipped Attys have a blip to say..).. So I do like that he seems to be quite open with the media.. As well as his being the former DA makes me feel as tho his word isn't as useless as a grain of salt(IMO holds a tad bit more weight..lol.. But not much..lol)

With him today making the statement thT he is in contact with MB&JR's Attys and when asked if felt any of the three were in any way involved he said, "Absolutely NOT"..

He nor his client in anyway benefit by his stating this so might it be he actually believes this to be the case.. And he does know a helluva alot more about this case thN we do.

Just something I'd been thinking about...

33. The Following User Says Thank You to SmoothOperator For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by mrsu View Post
    I found him. If you type in Jesse and then change the education search to Indiana University he will come up. Same avatar as before.
    How do you change eduction search? Thanks

http://*****************/viewArticle.a...81474979424501

As she was last seen around 4:00 am Saturday, surveillance footage of Spierer's apartment building show her arguing with what police refer to as "several" men. Now why hasn't this been reported on more greatly?
    Who spirited this girl away?
    ......... ..........
    .my opinions are my own.

36. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ChuckMaureen For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by illinialum View Post
    I totally agree with the above statements. However, I posted something earlier today that I'll paraphrase.

Yesterday, I told my boyfriend the theory about JW's friends telling him what had happened and JW freaking out.

My boyfriend, a former frat brother, completely disagreed with my theory. He told me it's a "man code" to wait until the next day to tell your friend if his girlfriend is cheating on him (or suspecting such). That way cooler heads prevail. He seemed fairly confident that most of the guys he knows would agree.

Personally, I'd think to the contrary, but hey, I'm not a guy!
    I agree, and I am a guy. The Rossman character (who already has a history of being a belligerent drunk) just happens to lose his memory on the most inconvenient night of his life. Right. Then in an interview says "I hope they find her soon" while he's looking down, as if he's thinking "I hope they don't find her at all." She probably walked home with him because she felt bad that her boyfriend's buddies gave him what he had coming to him. Then they supposedly asked her to stay "because it was so late..." Really? 4:00am is so much different than 3:10am? They thought it was TOO LATE for her to walk home such a short distance, but then let her go by herself? I think she tried to unsuccessfully leave Beth's and Rossman's apartment building...

<modsnip>
    Last edited by Kimster; 06-12-2011 at 12:52 AM. Reason: Please contact a moderator if you have questions about anything. :)

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckMaureen View Post
    It has been reported on a few times. That article is over two days old at this point.

http://www.fox41.com/story/14877446/...olved-in-fight

"I'm not going to talk about the altercation except to restate Lauren was not involved," he said repeatedly.

I think people saw Rossman get into an argument/fight and assumed it was her...it doesn't seem conceivable that her boyfriend's friends would do anything to harm her, especially from the reports I've heard about their relationship. From all accounts I've read - which is just about all of them - Wolff was nowhere around the area.

39. The Following User Says Thank You to bgmiller5 For This Useful Post:

How do you change eduction search? Thanks
    If you put his regular name in the search and search for that, his full name doesn't come up. So do that. Then over to the left, click on People, then a box at the top with "Location" will pop up. Drop that menu down, change to education, put Indiana university. Then search just the name Jesse.

41. The Following User Says Thank You to mrsu For This Useful Post:

Page 11 of 22 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718192021 ... LastLast