Page 11 of 36 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 ... LastLast
    Good morning, everyone. I see there are still no answers about Lauren. Such a shame.

A couple of pointers for new members and existing members who haven't posted in awhile:

Do not link to Facebook, Myspace and other social networking sites associated with individuals such as relatives and friends of victims and suspects. Generally, it is okay to link to a victim's page or a suspect's page after an arrest is made.

Do not copy and paste posts or comments from other sites. If you come across a post/comment that is pertinent to the discussion, type a sentence or two describing what it says, and then post a link. Please use common sense when referencing comments from other sites.

We can cut and paste from news articles, but no more than 10% of the original article. And always provide a link.

Here are a couple of threads that contain helpful user information. There are others posted in the sticky section of the forums.

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=79876"]Terms of Service - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=97021"]Threadiquette- Questions about rules welcome here - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]
    Last edited by bessie; 06-11-2011 at 01:49 PM.

WEBSLEUTHS ON FACEBOOK

2. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to bessie For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by curiousgirl2010 View Post
    Good article and it seems like the investigators are in square 1 as well:

http://tonygatto.wordpress.com/
    MSM? Who is Tony G? NYC here...name sounds soooo familiar.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to epiphany For This Useful Post:

I may have missed this, but why did friends/family organize a search for the lakes?

Epiphany- That's not the guy that was involved with Holly Bobo's case is it?
    You are the anchor to my soul, you won't let go ...

From today's briefing:

Captain Qualters took the helm, putting the clamp down in a very PR like way. He even backtracked on the 3am alley video. I just don't think he's that caught up yet. Wishing we had Lt. Parker back. Still interviewing people of interest. Searches continue. They make it clear that the parents should not be asked any questions. Highlight of the newser was when mom came to the mic and made an impassioned plea..."as I walk around Bloomington, Lauren is everywhere, I see her everywhere, she's everywhere but she's nowhere, someone knows where she is. If u hear anything, see anything, let us know...As a mom, cause she is the light of our life.

8. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to TonyGatto For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by puffster View Post
    From today's briefing:

Captain Qualters took the helm, putting the clamp down in a very PR like way. He even backtracked on the 3am alley video. I just don't think he's that caught up yet. Wishing we had Lt. Parker back. Still interviewing people of interest. Searches continue. They make it clear that the parents should not be asked any questions. Highlight of the newser was when mom came to the mic and made an impassioned plea..."as I walk around Bloomington, Lauren is everywhere, I see her everywhere, she's everywhere but she's nowhere, someone knows where she is. If u hear anything, see anything, let us know...As a mom, cause she is the light of our life.
    Link?
    You are the anchor to my soul, you won't let go ...

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Knox For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by epiphany View Post
    MSM? Who is Tony G? NYC here...name sounds soooo familiar.
    Posts from most blogs can be discussed but they should not be regarded as a source for verifying facts.

To avoid confusion, it's always a good idea to add a reminder that the site is not MSM.
    Last edited by bessie; 06-11-2011 at 01:25 PM.

WEBSLEUTHS ON FACEBOOK

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bessie For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by bessie View Post
    Posts from most blogs can be discussed but they should not be regarded as a source of facts.

To avoid confusion, it's always a good idea to add a reminder that the site is not MSM.
    He is in Bloomington, worked at CBS and ABC News for many years.

Quote Originally Posted by Knox View Post
    Link?
    I was there.

15. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to TonyGatto For This Useful Post:

He is in Bloomington, worked at CBS and ABC News for many years.
    True, but a blog is still a blog and not subject to editorial review by anyone other than the writer.

WEBSLEUTHS ON FACEBOOK

LE should mention and emphasize at their pressers that they intend to prosecute anyone found lying or withholding information - for obstruction of justice, and as accessories to the crime...
    Last edited by OldSteve; 06-11-2011 at 01:39 PM.

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to OldSteve For This Useful Post:

I was there.
    lol Here's a link to some of the statements from today's presser. I'm still looking for the video.

Still No Sign Of Lauren Spierer As Case About To Be Broadcast Nationwide

June 11, 2011 12:58 PM

http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2011/06/...st-nationwide/

WEBSLEUTHS ON FACEBOOK

20. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to bessie For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by PaulR View Post
    I may have missed this, but why did friends/family organize a search for the lakes?
    From what was reported, based on some tip. But nothing came out of it so far.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to jjenny For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by OldSteve View Post
    LE should mention and emphasize at their pressers that they intend to prosecute anyone found lying or withholding information - for obstruction of justice, and as accessories to the crime...
    That might not be such a good idea, considering the police would want people come forward with info, even if these people had been lying until now for whatever reason.

24. The Following User Says Thank You to jjenny For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by PaulR View Post
    LE had said there was a specific, credible tip that directed them to a specific location in the park/lake.
    I ask you to judge me by the enemies I have made.
    ― Franklin D. Roosevelt

Gabriel Johnson and Sylar Newton. Come home safely Gabriel Johnson! RIP Sweet Sylar.

26. The Following User Says Thank You to kissdegirl For This Useful Post:

Page 11 of 36 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 ... LastLast