1075 users online (269 members and 806 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

NV - Kael Johnson aka Meekaa’eel Collins, 36, Las Vegas, 15 Feb 2013

His dream was to become a dentist, but now his mother says it’s as if 36-year-old Kael Johnson has vanished off the face of the earth. Johnson, a/k/a Meekaa’eel Collins, was last seen on February 15 in the wee hours inside a 7-Eleven convenience store.

Then Johnson is never seen again. And it’s not until 13 days later when a major clue surfaces in the search and investigation.

At approximately 2 a.m. he was captured on surveillance video at the local 7-Eleven withdrawing money, buying cigarettes and a Snapple.

Almost two weeks after his disappearance, a major clue in the investigation surfaces at a local Las Vegas park. The same silver 2004 Dodge Ram truck Johnson was last seen driving, found abandoned at a nature preserve, Wetlands Park.

According to Johnson’s mother, police told her Johnson’s new iPhone and wallet were found inside the truck and there appears to be no signs of a robbery.

Reports are now surfacing, the morning of the 15th, the day Johnson vanishes, his truck was caught on surveillance video entering Wetlands Park before 8 a.m. But the clue turns out to be unsubstantial when no one, including Beverly Johnson, could identify who was behind the wheel. A glare on the window makes it impossible to determine who was driving, a hindrance that could have cracked the case wide open.

http://www.hlntv.com/slideshow/2013/...program-finals

photo from: http://newsone.com/2428182/kael-johnson-las-vegas/
    Last edited by mamacita; 07-19-2013 at 03:39 PM.
    "My mission in life is not merely to survive, but to thrive; and to do so with some passion, some compassion, some humor, and some style."
    ~ Maya Angelou

MODS - i forgot to throw "Las Vegas" into the thread title.. please help!
    "My mission in life is not merely to survive, but to thrive; and to do so with some passion, some compassion, some humor, and some style."
    ~ Maya Angelou

Kael was last see on 02-15-13 at approximately 2300 hours driving a silver 2004 Dodge Ram truck bearing North Carolina license plate of AAX2312. The vehicle was subsequently recovered at the Wetlands Park located at 7050 Wetlands Park Nature Preserve on February 28, 2013.
    http://guardianlv.com/2013/03/las-ve...-kael-johnson/
    ~ Maya Angelou

another photo of Kael

Kael Johnson was last seen driving his 2004 Dodge Ram truck on Feb. 15 near Tropicana Avenue and Boulder Highway about 11 p.m. The vehicle was found at Wetlands Park on Feb. 28, police said.
    http://www.reviewjournal.com/news/la...ssing-february
    ~ Maya Angelou

bumping for my night time sleuthers! hoping some of you can help me out here!
    ~ Maya Angelou

I looked earlier today - no updates.

They need to do a more thorough search of the park, IMO. There's a lot of vegetation and swampy areas that I doubt were really searched well. It's soooooo hot here right now, there probably aren't a lot of folks visiting the park. I'm thinking Kael is there, somewhere.

Does anybody have any ideas about his AKA?

Quote Originally Posted by radiator View Post
    Does anybody have any ideas about his AKA?
    that's something that really caught my eye when i first heard about the case. i get that the AKA first name is kinda complicated, so shorten it to something easier. but to have a totally different last name?! that's where i'm confused. and nope, no ideas about it (yet). lol
    ~ Maya Angelou

I'm pretty sure the wetlands flow into Lake Mead. I didn't even know there were hiking trails there and I have lived here a long time. It'spretty hot here most of the year to be hiking there. I wonder if there are cameras in other areas that would have monitored who was in and out of the park that morning? This could have just been a place to leave the truck. If the truck was left there after closing hours I think this would raise alarm that someone hasn't returned from their hike. Not sure when LE was notified of the truck.

UNLV appears to be the dental school in the area so I assume that's where he attended? Does anyone know for sure?

In the HLN link it says that he disappeared right after finals. The UNLV dental school academic calendar says fall semester ended on Dec 14th. Spring semester classes began Jan 7th.
    A run-away may leave on purpose, but that doesn't mean that they are able to get back home.... Never stop searching.

(Is it possible that he was currently in a program to become a dental assistant or hygienist, and his eventual dream was to go on to be a dentist?)
    A run-away may leave on purpose, but that doesn't mean that they are able to get back home.... Never stop searching.

UNLV does have a dental school and its the only one I know of in the area. There are other dental assistant and hygienist schools in the area - multiple ones. So I don't know when their finals would be. UNLVs are in May and December.
    I have never heard of this case until I stumbled across it on here. Again - I live in Las Vegas for 30 years now. Not getting much publicity.

If he was a student at UNLV, then his disappearance date of Feb 15th would have been 2 months after fall finals, and well into spring semester classes. The HLN article says that he was planning to take the next series of classes, but the school (which they dont name) said he had not signed up for the next term's classes. So something doesn't line up.

We have seen before where a student gets distraught over not making the grades in college...could that have happened to Kael?

Or, again, just wrong reporting of the type of dental school he was attending? But why move all the way from NC to NV to attend school for assisting or hygiene- those programs are everywhere.
    Last edited by AnnieOakley; 07-20-2013 at 02:38 PM. Reason: Correcting details

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast