937 users online (187 members and 750 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by FleurQualia View Post
    Please remove if not okay...

I can't figure out how to do photos, but this is her Facebook...

https://www.facebook.com/homegrownjerseygirl
    She posted a pic of 9mm Lugar bullets she got as a gift in one of her posts. And in another post asked if anyone wanted to go shooting. Since the area where she was found is a hunting spot, I wonder if she and a friend could have gone out there to shoot... Just thinking.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So glad the ID didn't take too long. RIP.

She has so much life and personality in her face. RIP JMS. I hope whoever did this is brought to justice quickly.

UPDATE: Body found in Isle of Wight identified as Hampton woman, officials say
    by Johanna Somers

A body found in Isle of Wight County Friday has been identified as a Hampton woman, according to officials.

The autopsy performed by the medical examiner identified the woman as Jean Marie Smith, 25, with a last known residence on Patriot Crescent in Hampton, an Isle of Wight Sheriff's Office news release states.

Preliminary results of the autopsy show that she died from a gunshot wound, it states.

Previously - April 18, 1:22 p.m.

The Isle of Wight County Sheriff's Office is now investigating the body of a woman found Friday as a homicide. The determination was made after consultation with the medical examiner, an updated news release issued Saturday states.
    PODCAST ROW

WEBSLEUTHS ON FACEBOOK

Quote Originally Posted by xynthia View Post
    She posted a pic of 9mm Lugar bullets she got as a gift in one of her posts. And in another post asked if anyone wanted to go shooting. Since the area where she was found is a hunting spot, I wonder if she and a friend could have gone out there to shoot... Just thinking.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Okay, THAT'S interesting.
    People seldom do what they believe in. They do what is convenient, then repent. ~ Bob Dylan

Under her FB friends it doesn't seem there's one with the same last name as her. I wonder if she was distant from family. It says she's single.

Thank you for sharing this.. I see her Facebook is still up.
    It's very telling.
    So many thoughts swirling around about how, why, who? Such a shame for a young girl with so much promise.

This is so sad, looking through her FB she had been working on losing weight, she'd lost 60+ lbs. I hope her killer is found soon.

I guess no one reported her missing? It would seem that she would at least have a job or something. So sad.

It looks like she has a cousin that has started a donation account to pay for her funeral.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by hey-Debbie View Post
    It looks like she has a cousin that has started a donation account to pay for her funeral.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Is there a way to contact the cousin through the donation account to let him/her know about Virginia's fund to help pay for funerals of victims of crime. I believe it was stated on AJ's thread that they will pay up to $25,000 in funeral costs.

Here is the WAVY 10 FB page that has a post about her. There is information in a comment if anyone is interested about funeral money raising.
    https://www.facebook.com/wavytv10/po...52763780812036

I keep thinking about this girl, so close to AJ even searches for AJ close to where Jean was found. Isle of Wight popped up many times in that case, I have to wonder if there is a connection, or just a sad coincidence.

Damarna is offline Verified State Coordinator for CFSI/ Insider - Parker Haluptzok
    Quote Originally Posted by Mountaingazer View Post
    Is there a way to contact the cousin through the donation account to let him/her know about Virginia's fund to help pay for funerals of victims of crime. I believe it was stated on AJ's thread that they will pay up to $25,000 in funeral costs.
    It looks like the cousin has gotten resources for victim benefits from a couple people per the above link (reading in the comments).
    Last edited by Damarna; 04-20-2015 at 02:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Damarna View Post
    It looks like the cousin has gotten resources for victim benefits from a couple people per the above link (reading in the comments).
    Awesome!

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast