GUILTY VA - Jean Smith, 25, shot to death, Isle of Wight County, 17 April 2015

It is so strange to me that they need the public's help in this one.

My wife used to live in Hawaii and she said from the information in the article it seems like this woman could be of Polynesian descent based on her height, weight and hair coloring.

The tattoo seems to back that up as well. Perhaps she was born there?

Also worth mentioning is that if she is a Navy wife and her husband is on deployment, it could be awhile before he would realize anything is wrong.

I wish I could see a pic or reconstruction. I am speculating that she is Ohana. Hawaiian lineage. 190 for a sturdy Hawaiian would not be unusual.
ETA: Ok nevermind. [emoji15] totally misread hair color.

But - could weight be from the body being in the water?

I was thinking along the lines of FiveFelines. Could she have been a transient? Could she have received the clothing from a second hand store? I was never in the Army but have several Army teeshirts to sleep in.

ETA: Ok nevermind. [emoji15] totally misread hair color.

But - could weight be from the body being in the water?

I would think if she was found in the water, the weight would have been taken into consideration. I would trust the weight given to us.

Her remains from the description seem to be in fairly good condition? From a cursory glance, her hoodie also appears to be in decent condition. Jmo

Maybe she got that tattoo while on vacation in Hawaii?

Thin white shell bead necklace...

Her remains from the description seem to be in fairly good condition? From a cursory glance, her hoodie also appears to be in decent condition. Jmo

I think that is what the hoodie looks like, but not necessarily THE hoodie she was wearing when found. KWIM? She couldn't have been out there long though.

I think hubby on deployment is a great theory. maybe they have no kids new to area so neighbors are not even aware she is gone?

So. I'm surprised nobody has mentioned AJ / WH yet.

I am not saying these cases are related.

I really wonder how long these remains have been there.

Body of woman found in Isle of Wight County
Staff, 13News Now - 2:08 p.m. EDT April 18, 2015

ISLE OF WIGHT COUNTY -- Police are releasing a description of a woman's body found in Isle Of Wight County in the hopes the public will be able to identify her. The victim is a white female, 5'4" tall and weighs approximately 190 pounds. She has brown hair at shoulder length or just above and blue eyes.

At the time of discovery she was wearing a blue hoodie with the word NAVY across the back and a Navy emblem on the front. The initials "JMS" were written on the interior tag of the hoodie. She was also wearing dark colored sweat pants and grey sneakers. The victim was wearing a thin white coral bead/shell necklace.

The woman had a tattoo on her lower right leg, just above the ankle, of a phrase with flowers at each end. The phrase is believed to say "Wahine Ikaika" which loosely translates to Strong Woman or Woman Warrior in Hawaiian. The flower is bluish gray in color and believed to be a Hawaiian Hibiscus, the state flower of Hawaii.

On Friday, the Isle of Wight County Sheriff's Office responded to Hatcher's Lane off of Courthouse Highway where the body of a white female was discovered by turkey hunters.
If anyone has any information concerning this incident please call 1-888-LOCK-U-UP.

635648963219862737-Jane-Doe-417.jpg

Jogging attire?

I did some googling on JMS and Navy---it appears JMS are naval architects.

One link mentions marine casualty response, vessel support, diving support, projects...
Another link cites naval architecture, marine architecture, marine surveying.
Shipyard support...

JMO, I think someone needs to contact these guys:
http://www.jmsnet.com/contact_us.html

Unless those are her initials, I'm thinking she might work (or have have ties to via spouse, relative, offspring, etc) for this JMS Naval Company (See post #35).

JMO

I keep seeing 5'4" and 190 pounds. Is the differing ones possibly more in line with a soldier?

I'm struck by the immediate ability of the examiner(s) to determine weight. Also, eye color and tattoo are clearly visible so perhaps not too much decomp. Again, possibly remains that have not been there long, or they are at least well preserved. I'm not a pro though on this stuff like Bessie and other members here!

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aztraea
Back