682 users online (81 members and 601 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    I've never heard of CY Market, but I also wasn't around in the 70's and 80's. I wonder if anyone from the area knows where it was, what it was? I can find Hillsboro Rd., but not sure where the CY market would have been.
    The body of an unknown man washed up on Punaluu Beach in 1982. He was wearing an orange Bayley Exposure Suit, purchased from Tacoma, WA.
    His identity today is a mystery, Do you know who Barnacle Bill is?

Quote Originally Posted by sunnynz View Post
    Her DOB is 1 Jan 1962 so actually she would have been 16, almost 17, when she disappeared in Nov 1978. I wonder why it's reported that she was only 15? That's odd right? If she was in 10th grade at age 16 (going on 17) that would mean she'd been held back? One of the facts in the reported details must be wrong - either her age, her DOB or the date of disappearance. Wonder which it is.

I would have thought her graduating year may have been as early as 1980 based on her DOB but then if she'd been held back it could be 81 or 82.
    I'm thinking maybe her DOB of Jan 1 is wrong. It could be whoever filled out the online missing report in recent years did not know her actual birthday and put Jan 1 as a place holder. This is just a theory because I know some online forms will not accept a submission without an exact birthdate and Jan 1 could be a default date.

Quote Originally Posted by MOTORUNNER View Post
    I wonder why there's so many inconsistencies. Wrong hair color, wrong age... and barely any info out there on her! Could this be a.... fake missing persons case or something? There's facebook groups for the graduating class of 80 and 81. I tried joining but they probably won't accept me, maybe some of you want to try? I've thought about contacting the school but Im just a bit nervous, haha
    Thanks for joining the groups - if they don't accept your invitation, maybe you could even just message the admin and ask if they'd put a post on the page on your behalf?

I looked up the CY market and it was definitely a real place but not there any more I don't think.

Gardener, I think you're probably right about the Jan 1 birthday being incorrect. Isn't it odd that LS was obviously reported missing at the time (hence the newspaper article) but that there are then so few details for such a young girl.

Thanks for joining the groups - if they don't accept your invitation, maybe you could even just message the admin and ask if they'd put a post on the page on your behalf?

I looked up the CY market and it was definitely a real place but not there any more I don't think.

Gardener, I think you're probably right about the Jan 1 birthday being incorrect. Isn't it odd that LS was obviously reported missing at the time (hence the newspaper article) but that there are then so few details for such a young girl.
    I agree, strange that we have so few details and the few we have are conflicting. I wonder who renewed interest in her case after all this time?

I sent a message to someone who graduated from Franklin in 1981. Who knows if she will reply or even see the message... If i find anyone else I might send them a message as well.
    The body of an unknown man washed up on Punaluu Beach in 1982. He was wearing an orange Bayley Exposure Suit, purchased from Tacoma, WA.

I sent a message to someone who graduated from Franklin in 1981. Who knows if she will reply or even see the message... If i find anyone else I might send them a message as well.
    Thanks - yes facebook is so tricky, people often don't even know you've messaged them.

Yeah, the messages are usually hidden if they're not your friend. It frustrates me a lot... I remember finally finding the message request folder and I had hundreds of messages! Hopefully she'll find it eventually.

Bump for Laurie.... so sad there was so little info in her case. Somewhere out there this girl is resting.

Bump for Laurie.... so sad there was so little info in her case. Somewhere out there this girl is resting.
    Thank you. I have started a thread on another website and have had a comment today from someone who knows of a newspaper article (including a pic) about her disappearance so I am trying to get more info on that to share here. I haven't forgotten her.

Thank you. I have started a thread on another website and have had a comment today from someone who knows of a newspaper article (including a pic) about her disappearance so I am trying to get more info on that to share here. I haven't forgotten her.
    That would be fantastic! I tried sending messages to people who were in a "class of 1981" group from her school, but to no avail. Another option is to contact the school, but after all of this time would they even know anything? I don't know if any teachers/documents from 1978 would still be around?

So Laurie has a DNA profile yet no photo. You would think a family member would have a photo of her, well at least I would hope. I wonder who gave the DNA sample? I noticed she is ruled out on some of the UID's in NamUs.

anyone else good at searching up information on people? I think I may have found her mom, but I'm not 100% sure. There's notvery many Sibrell(Sibrel)s living in Franklin, TN. I wonder if Laurie had a sister?

I'm thinking she probably left her home to head to CY market. Her home at the time (if my info is correct) would have been right off Hillsboro Rd. I was going to say maybe she was walking home from school, but her school to home would be almost a 2 hr. walk. I wish I knew where the CY market was, then we could figure how far from home she was.

http://williamsonsource.com/lovely-l...intage-sweets/
    Back when my brother and I would stop to get Icee’s and candy cigarettes (I still can’t believe my mom would let us get candy cigarettes!) at CY Market after school.
    Article about a new candy store in Frnaklin, TN. Author mentions CY Market, so it's not just some crazy typo! haha Website has a number, maybe I'll call them and see if I can get any info, it's Franklin based.

That would be fantastic! I tried sending messages to people who were in a "class of 1981" group from her school, but to no avail. Another option is to contact the school, but after all of this time would they even know anything? I don't know if any teachers/documents from 1978 would still be around?
    You could contact the school to ask if the library has any 1976/77/78 yearbooks with her picture.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast