GUILTY TX - Louetta Harrelson, 51, & Peggy Merimon, 61, Lubbock, 9 Aug 2006

Tonight, two Lubbock women are missing and police say they may be in danger. The two are employees at the Lubbock State School who left for lunch around noon yesterday and never returned.

51-year-old Louetta Kay Harrelson and 61-year-old Peggy Merimon were last seen getting into a car with an unidentified man. NewsChannel 11's Jennifer Vogel spoke with some family members, asking for your help to get their mother and her colleague back home.

Peggy Merimon's family tells us she would never go this long without calling her family. They say they are worried sick, and hope their mother is not in danger. "She didn't pick up my dad yesterday from work, something she had to do daily. We became very concerned because she didn't show up." That's when Natosha Davis, Merimon's daughter, knew something was wrong and went looking for answers. Her sister, Sammie McBride says, " we both found out she hadn't been seen since lunch. It was very odd. I had a strange feeling, something was wrong."
http://www.kcbd.com/Global/story.asp?S=5268067

These articles say that they left with a man, but I wonder if the two women may have had a gun pointed at one of them and were being forced into the car.

This whole thing sounds really strange. I wonder if the two women where going out to lunch somewhere and this man just happened along and took them or if maybe the other lady knew him and it was her that he was after but took both women so one couldn't run in for help. It doesn't sound like the married lady with the 7 kids and 23 grandkids would just leave. Not much was said about the other lady. I wonder if it could have been her ex-husband or ex-boyfriend? I hope this man isn't out for revenge and hurts both of the ladies. Pretty scary when your mom disappears. Hope they are found soon. Maybe LE can get to the bottom of this through the family of the other lady.

Over on the lubbockonline.com forum, some posters who formed their own forum and attended a group meeting awhile back feel that the man in the sketch looks very familiar. I hope that they can come up with something and maybe remember someone they know who fits this description.

txsvicki said:
Over on the lubbockonline.com forum, some posters who formed their own forum and attended a group meeting awhile back feel that the man in the sketch looks very familiar. I hope that they can come up with something and maybe remember someone they know who fits this description.

That would be wonderful if someone could recognize him. He may not look exactly like the picture but maybe there is something about the picture that will trigger a memory.

Has there been anything else about this case? Was the other woman married and if not I wonder if she had been seeing someone. Gosh, a boyfriend could have pulled up and the two women were invited out to lunch with him and he took off with them. Don't you think it is odd that this guy pulled up right at lunch time and he got both of them in the car somehow? The other lady must have known him from somewhere...I would think anyway. I wonder if the two ladies left for lunch at the same time everyday.

Was that place they worked like a state reform school? I think the article said state school. What kind of a school?

The state school is where mentally retarded adults who aren't able to be on their own live and it's out on the edge of town. The office is (or used to be) at the front and the dorms are all spread out towards the back. Both ladies are married and are described as homebodies or devoted to their families. I think the man in the sketch looks almost like a transient and was driving an old beat up car. I wonder if he needed money to get out of town and just pulled in there and abducted the women thinking that they had a little money.Also, I know from when I did a clinical rotation there, many of the clients come from really bad circumstances. I'm sure that LE is checking family members of some of the clients to see if this man could be a borderline relative who had someone placed in the school due to abuse or have some grudge.

The body was found headless. This is too gruesome. Another sick pervert roaming around and more than likely willing to do the same thing to someone else.

http://kcbd.com/Global/story.asp?S=5307914

I have been racking my brain wondering why these two women might have gone off with this unknown man...If someone came into the State School and told them he had seen a resident walking down the road that would have caused them to leave with someone I am sure...Knowing all of these residents are mentally handicapped would cause anyone that worked there to go to bring them back...I just pray they find the other lady so these families will find some peace and possibly some answers...Godspeed Kay

The body was identified as Kay Harrellson, 51. Kay was found in men's underwear and t shirt. There was a ring on the right hand, but I believe that Merrimon's family couldn't identify the ring. The sicko must have kept the women for a little while if the clothes were changed because the body seemed to have been deceased 8-10 days and they disappeared on August 9th. I hope they catch this freak. It's so scary to think of serial killers running around here and all the missing women, murdered prostitutes, and rapes.

sassy_texasbelle2 said:
http://kcbd.com/Global/story.asp?S=5307914

I have been racking my brain wondering why these two women might have gone off with this unknown man...If someone came into the State School and told them he had seen a resident walking down the road that would have caused them to leave with someone I am sure...Knowing all of these residents are mentally handicapped would cause anyone that worked there to go to bring them back...I just pray they find the other lady so these families will find some peace and possibly some answers...Godspeed Kay

I'm not sure if there is any security people working at the school now or not. I would think that the women would call the nursing staff or some of the male aides who deal with them regularly. A few of those residents can be pretty violent. When I did a rotation there, my hair was pulled and got big scratch from a female. The nurses said that one male resident had just put two employees into intensive care.

This is a very frightening case. I don't understand why there isn't any kind of evidence of whom they left with. Certainly one or both would have mentioned the lunch date the evening before if this planned ahead of time.

If this was a spur of the moment thing, if this gals were office personnel whoever talked to this guy on the phone probably made notations on a scratch pad or desk pad of the arrangements. Secretaries, office personnel have a habit of scratching down details when their on the phone. Its just a habit.

I hope they looked through the trash thoroughly the day they left.
I am thinking this person was a salesman, maybe showing a piece of property or something to which ever one was in the market to buy something.

I read somewhere that the authorities think that maybe the head was detached by animals, and not the killer. The article said that the head was found close to the body, and that dental records were used to id the body.

What a sad ending for this story.

can u post some of the details so everyone doesn't have to sign up for that site?

here you go BB, a clip from the Lubbock Avalanche Journal story that ran today:

Police have not yet named a suspect in connection with Harrelson's death or in connection with Merimon's disappearance, Baker said.

Harrelson and Merimon both worked as data entry clerks at Lubbock State School and reportedly were seen leaving the school just before noon in an old, rusty sedan driven by an unidentified white male with gray hair and facial hair and round eyeglasses.

Last week, police searched the home and vehicle belonging to a 56-year-old Lubbock State School employee matching the description of the man last seen with Harrelson and Merimon.

State School Superintendent Nancy Condon said the man, who police have called a person of interest in the women's disappearance, has worked at the school for many years.

During extensive interviews with the man, police detectives found inconsistencies in his testimony, according to court documents.

The man told police he left the school alone between 12:30 and 12:45 p.m. on Aug. 9 and went home sick for the rest of the day. But surveillance video taken at his residence indicates he came home at 12:03 a.m. with a person in the passenger's seat of his car. Police will not comment on what, if any, evidence was collected during the search of the man's house and vehicle.

you have to register to read at the site: http://www.lubbockonline.com/stories/082206/loc_082206029.shtml

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ceishen637
Back