The actual vs. desired outcome

Holdontoyourhat

Former Member
Reaction score
We all know what the actual outcome was, Its possible that the actual outcome that night differed from the desired one. There's remarkably few plots that are possible. What was the original plot, or the desired outcome? IOW the first criminal thought somebody had relating to JBR that night.
  1. Murder for revenge
  2. Murder for thrill/sex
  3. Kidnap for $118,000
  4. Kidnap for slave
  5. Kidnap for thrill/sex
  6. Coverup of rage accident (Assault for control)
  7. Sexual assault for gratification
  8. Murder for obfuscation of chronic abuse
Any others?

7. Molestation gone too far
8. Molestation with victim threatening to tell

Since she was not kidnapped :
  1. Kidnap for $118,000
  2. Kidnap for slave
  3. Kidnap for thrill/sex
Should be left of your list imo.

Since she was not kidnapped :
  1. Kidnap for $118,000
  2. Kidnap for slave
  3. Kidnap for thrill/sex
Should be left of your list imo.

It hasn't been established that JBR wasn't forcibly removed from her bed by an attacker. That's kidnapping, so kidnapping could've been the original plot.

Kidnap stays on the list.

I would add "staged sexual assault to camouflage signs of chronic sexual abuse".

Number six, a coverup for rage accident, would be my first and only choice. I don't think anyone intended for JB to die that evening.
I come to this conclusion in the light that there is not positive evidence of an intruder into the home and the unusual detailed RN did everything it could to point to possible suspects, specificily excluding those who were the last to see JB alive.

JMO

It hasn't been established that JBR wasn't forcibly removed from her bed by an attacker. That's kidnapping, so kidnapping could've been the original plot.

Kidnap stays on the list.

Take it off I tells ya. Take it off now. She was not kidnapped for sex or a thrill or she would have been gone.

Definately number six....a raged mother striking out at her daughter.

News Flash....the mother of the four-year-old Madeline Mc Cann? Chief suspect in the disapperance of her daughter. I was shocked to learn that but then I realized, hey, mothers do kill their children.

My theory is that little Madeline's death was an act of rage by the mother...and she chose to cover it up by disposing of her daughter and callling it a kidnapping.

JonBenet Ramsey to Madeline McCann, about 10 years apart.

Look at the PR campaigns in both cases. But they may not have time to write a book.

I would add "staged sexual assault to camouflage signs of chronic sexual abuse".

You didn't mention where the murder fit in. I'll presume you mean that the original plan was to murder JBR to prevent evidence of prior abuse from surfacing. Murder for obfuscation?

I added it. TY.

Murder for revenge doesn't seem very likely. Ten years later and nobody knows what the revenge would've been for. Killing JBR in her own house while parents slept is more risk than a revenge taker would be willing to take. Neither parent was likely taking revenge against the other because the parents would not likely say together willingly for years afterwards.

News Flash....the mother of the four-year-old Madeline Mc Cann? Chief suspect in the disapperance of her daughter. I was shocked to learn that but then I realized, hey, mothers do kill their children.

My theory is that little Madeline's death was an act of rage by the mother...and she chose to cover it up by disposing of her daughter and callling it a kidnapping.

and some ppl think the R's never would have disposed of JB's body...at least as a first panicked thought,I think they'd planned to.but they may have been to afraid to do it,didn't want to anyway,or simply ran out of time.

Murder for revenge doesn't seem very likely. Ten years later and nobody knows what the revenge would've been for. Killing JBR in her own house while parents slept is more risk than a revenge taker would be willing to take. Neither parent was likely taking revenge against the other because the parents would not likely say together willingly for years afterwards.

I'm glad you finally said something that makes sense.

You think the original plot was to assault JBR, and it accidentally killed her, or do you think the original idea was to murder JBR for personal satisfaction?

I'm glad you finally said something that makes sense.

What about murder for thrill/sex?

This is where the perp set out to kill JBR for the thrill or the sex of it. That again seems like too much risk to take for a pedophile. Usually they don't work in the house where the parents are. I'd think if it were a murder for the thrill/sex, the perp would've taken JBR to another location.

Its possible though. The fancy garrote and JBR's condition says she may have been murdered for thrill and/or sex.

You think the original plot was to assault JBR, and it accidentally killed her, or do you think the original idea was to murder JBR for personal satisfaction?

Yes, Holdon- I think the first one's it. Either that or Number 6- rage attack gone wrong. Either way- sexual abuse gone wrong or rage attack gone wrong- the killers did not set out to kill JBR. All the more reason for me that it points to a family member and not an intruder.
Many people get confused by the "accident" concept here. When we read things like "this was no accident"- it implies premeditated murder. While I am firmly in the RDI camp, I do not think for a moment that they planned to kill their daughter that night. The head blow was intentional (a shove in anger, a whack with a bat or flashlight or golf club) but done in a split-second of emotion- rage or to stop her from screaming. But her death was not what was intended. Her silence was.
This may sound strange coming from an RDI, but regardless of what anyone thinks about the Rs and their parenting skills- regardless of how PR paraded her daughter in the pageants, and even regardless of whether JR (or JAR or BR) was sexually abusing JBR, they loved their daughter, and were both horrified that she'd been killed, though they were responsible. In the case of sexual abuse- it sadly does happen with little girls and fathers (and stepfathers) but rarely leads to the murder of the child. I can't think of any case where a father killed his little girl after abusing her. This kind of abuse usually goes on for years, until it is discovered, the child grows old enough to resist or grows past the abusers age of attraction. With JBR, her death stopped what the abuser was unable to stop him/herself.
Here's another thought- I believe they were both actually relieved she was dead. Here's why- PR had been building up the "Mega-JBR" thing into an entity of its own, and one she was frightened of losing control over if she died. It was getting away from her, and she knew it. Even her friends knew it. The crescendo of emotion leading to her death instantly put a stop to something PR could not stop herself.
As for JR, if he was abusing JBR, as I think he was, her death gave him the same release- it stopped what he was unable to stop himself. And if PR was aware of or suspected the abuse, it was double release for her. Mega-JBR had ceased to exist, and her fears that her husband was sexually abusing her daughter were instantly and forever rendered moot.
That explains a lot about their post-death behavior. For years after.

I think the original plot was to get some sleep that night. Nothing more, nothing less.

Burke slept, John slept, JonBenet died, Patsy pulled an all-nighter.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa
Back