655 users online (88 members and 567 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10
    Car was not swabbed right away with police and first responders all over the car,officers inspecting car without gloves.Secondary transfer touch dna.There is news video of officer touching the very spot without gloves.Terrible defense attorney,even the the trial judge has his doubts about the conviction.A witness who spoke to Carver for 30 minutes was never questioned by either side.The sound test,the questioning of Carver.Neither side questioned construction workers near the scene.The unknown male dna under Ira's nails.
    It is scary to think you could be near a crime scene and because of a sloppy investigation by police and the defense,you could go to prison.NC has a history of wrongful convictions.
    http://www.nccai.org/
    Last edited by cuffem; 12-11-2016 at 01:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by fred&edna View Post
    I agree, cuffem!

I was unable to watch the 20/20 episode last night but here's a link to full episodes (watchable with verification)

http://abc.go.com/shows/2020

BBM Do you know the episode title of this program on 20/20? I'm also from this area and can tell you nobody I've ever talked to about this case thinks Mark Carver and his cousin are guilty. I really hope that Mark's new attorney gets the opportunity to bring this back to court.

Quote Originally Posted by Sweetgrits View Post
    BBM Do you know the episode title of this program on 20/20? I'm also from this area and can tell you nobody I've ever talked to about this case thinks Mark Carver and his cousin are guilty. I really hope that Mark's new attorney gets the opportunity to bring this back to court.

Episode title appears to be: "The Mark Carver Case"

Quote Originally Posted by Sweetgrits View Post
    https://youtu.be/IJIqDKatc5Y might be the right link to a YouTube version. Otherwise it's called The Mark Carver Case with Elizabeth Vargas Dateline 2017.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Just saw this on WRAL, Raleigh, NC:

New trial sought for man convicted of murder in death of UNCC student from Chapel Hill

Local News
    New trial sought for man convicted of murder in death of UNCC student from Chapel Hill

Posted 10:50 p.m. yesterday

Charlotte, N.C. It has been nine years since the death of a University of North Carolina at Charlotte student from Chapel Hill but, this week, Mark Carver was back in court with new support, trying to prove his innocence.
    Ira Yarmolenko was found dead next to her car on the Catawba River in 2008. An autopsy said she died of asphyxiation.
    http://www.wral.com/new-trial-sought...tm_source=wral

All posts, unless attributed, are "just my humble opinion," and they are to remain here in Websleuths and are not to be used elsewhere. Thank you.

This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England.
    William Shakespeare, King Richard II

The Angel of the Waters, Bethesda Terrace, Central Park, New York City

Just watched this case on the Elizabeth Vargas 20/20 episode. Never heard of it before. I've never been grabbed by a case like this! I absolutely think Mr. Carver is not guilty and this was a suicide. I thought this within the first 10 mins of the program. My DH was sitting next to me when they talked about the tDNA, and said right away that the cops had probably transferred the DNA after the initial interview with Mr. Carver. This was BEFORE they talked about the pix and video that showed the cops ALL OVER Ira's car with no gloves. I firmly believe she tried to kill herself by drowning and it didn't work, so she strangled herself instead. I deeply feel for Ira's family, but I also feel for the family of the man (and him!) if he's innocent.

So glad to hear Chris Mumma is on this and he may get a new trial!

I also think it's very significant that Ira's camera was still in the car (debunks the prosecution motive that she photographed something the suspect(s) were angry about), there was no sexual assault, and there was no robbery.

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10