GUILTY Canada - Remains of 6 infants found, Andrea Giesbrecht charged, Winnipeg, Oct 2014

Two theories being bounced around in my household about this.

a) She was performing late term abortions for cash.
If so....how did the word get out? It's not like you can just post it on FB.

b) The babies are hers and she was getting pregnant from hook ups and blackmailing married men.

Until we get the full story, my theory is that the babies are hers. There have been cases over the years of women who hid their pregnancies well. Some people just don't show. I have a friend who is curvy and hippy. Her pregnancies sort of blended in with her round figure, and her babies weren't very big. If she had wanted to, she could have kept her pregnancies hidden. In fact, when I was just getting acquainted with her, she was 7 months pregnant when I learned she was pregnant, despite the fact that I saw her 3 times a week at our children's school.

Anyway, I'm really watching this case closely, and I hope there will be more information soon.

sounds like welfare fraud to me........MOO

pregnancies + additional dependents = $$$

"Giesbrecht has also been charged with breach of probation in connection with court orders stemming from two fraud convictions in 2012."

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/manit...haul-locker-contained-6-dead-babies-1.2808545

How could it be for welfare fraud if the babies are dead and there is no record of a live birth? Welfare rates are so low that it isn't even worth it, IMO. And they live in the Maples - a pretty solid working/middle class neighbourhood.

I wish this was not an issue. Let them have their pathologist there, get over it, and do your darn job.
Two theories being bounced around in my household about this.

a) She was performing late term abortions for cash.
If so....how did the word get out? It's not like you can just post it on FB.

b) The babies are hers and she was getting pregnant from hook ups and blackmailing married men.

I was thinking those things too. I have no idea what the numbers are like, and its fairly easy to get a legal abortion here, and it is covered by MB Health so you aren't paying out of pocket. However, safe, legal abortions are only easily accessible to people in the city, definitely not to those who live in remote areas. I don't know how one would spread the word, but I'm guessing if you look hard enough, you will find what you need.

Other than being in 'various states of decomposition' I haven't read anything about the state of the bodies and i'm not about to research this stuff on the google. Can't rule anything out yet, I guess.

Until we get the full story, my theory is that the babies are hers. There have been cases over the years of women who hid their pregnancies well. Some people just don't show. I have a friend who is curvy and hippy. Her pregnancies sort of blended in with her round figure, and her babies weren't very big. If she had wanted to, she could have kept her pregnancies hidden. In fact, when I was just getting acquainted with her, she was 7 months pregnant when I learned she was pregnant, despite the fact that I saw her 3 times a week at our children's school.

Anyway, I'm really watching this case closely, and I hope there will be more information soon.

I guess that is possible too, although in what context would have been born? How much bad luck could one woman have to have so many still births? If they were illegal/third trimester abortions, wouldn't her health have suffered? Can you have six of those and still survive?

I doubt we will get much more info, but I hope we do because its all so odd, and sad, and macabre.

If the babies turn out to be biologically related to AG, it would be interesting if they were all female, considering the two children she did keep, are male..imo.

http://www.nationalnewswatch.com/20...n-case-of-hidden-infant-remains/#.VM38z5U5DIU

'"Brodsky said preliminary autopsy results suggest the remains are "ancient" — from between eight and 10 years ago. Maggots from the Winnipeg storage locker have been sent to British Columbia to determine exactly how old the remains are, he said.''

a hearing date for bail has not been re-set

This breaks my heart even more, to think those bodies just sat there for years and years. And having to analyze maggot evidence - it's just unthinkable. It seems to be taking so long, and I really pray for a just finding in this case.
IMO

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I think this whole situation is tragic. IMO she did not murder the infants rather they were stillborn or miscarried and she hoarded them moving them from storage locker to storage locker.

IF it does turn out that the remains are of ''stillborns'' ((as per her attorney)) it still creates an aura of unstable mental health JMHO.....

I agree especially with the severe gambling issues she is reported as having.
IF it does turn out that the remains are of ''stillborns'' ((as per her attorney)) it still creates an aura of unstable mental health JMHO.....

It's sad that she has to hide behind lawyers for fear of prosecution and can't just tell her story and get it over with.

It's sad that she has to hide behind lawyers for fear of prosecution and can't just tell her story and get it over with.

I totally agree.
I don't know what she loses by saying "my baby was stillborn, I was emotionally shattered, I didn't know what to do..." If the babies are hers, that is. Of course, I can't picture a reason she would have other women's stillborn babies in her possession.
What makes me suspicious that there is something more criminal here is that I find it hard to believe that not only did she become pregnant that may times and kept it secret, but also that all those hidden pregnancies ended In stillbirth.
Imo

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Then there's the possibility she was running an illegal abortion business. We'll have to wait for the DNA results.

Then there's the possibility she was running an illegal abortion business. We'll have to wait for the DNA results.

Not at all likely in Manitoba; in fact, so unlikely that I'd consider it impossible. One doesn't need to pay for an abortion here.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/manit...l-locker-among-remains-of-6-infants-1.2950855

CBC News has obtained a search warrant for the storage locker at 175 McPhillips Street, as well as a list of what was seized...

It notes that officers were first called to the scene around 1:00 pm on Oct. 20, 2014 after a male U-Haul employee had called police, reportedly finding “squishy” items inside the locker. He said it was “very smelly” and thought a body might be inside.

Giesbrecht had been renting the locker since March 2014, but had not paid her bill. She owed $276.20. Staff entered the locker with a drill.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa
Back