KY KY - Crystal Rogers, 35, Bluegrass Parkway, 3 July 2015 #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hummm I thought she had her own apartment with her four children and the older daughter lived with Crystal's mother.

I am wondering if she might have had a new man in her life?

Maybe these two have a history of breaking up and making up, so that if she runs off mad or scatterbrained, the boyfriend doesn't worry too much about it since he does the same thing himself from time to time. I've witnessed a few bizarre relationships like that through the years. It's not necessarily an open relationship, but it's the next thing to it.

Some of these people simply stay together either for financial reasons or to raise a kid, and for really no good reason other than that. There isn't much love between them, it's more like a roommate situation. My only reaction to the boyfriend not calling her in as being missing stems from that kind of a casual relationship. Both of them may have been involved with other people on the side, or even their own ex's from time to time. His lack of concern seems like a pattern to me, he isn't worried about her running off for a few days, been there - done that.
------------------------------

I'm puzzled by her leaving the vehicle with the keys in the ignition, the cell phone inside, and leaving the doors unlocked with all of her stuff. Nobody does that when they break down on the side of the road. Nobody.

All she would have to do was take her phone and walk up to a higher spot in the nearby vicinity in order to get cell service. Even if she was forced to hitch a ride, she wouldn't have just left everything unlocked and free for the taking. She didn't take off walking or she would have definitely taken her phone.

What does that leave ? Well...............I guess somebody following right behind her saw the tire go flat and pulled over about the same time she did. They walk up and grabbed her, forced her into their car, and speed off down the road with her. What are the chances of that happening ? About a million to one, I would think.

There's something else going on here......we're just not seeing it.

I think I'm very confused!
In the press conf, LE said her and the bf had been at a couple's home, and they weren't even sure why she was rven there...
Then it says she was shopping at Walmart with her children, she took the children to their dads..I am assuming this is the older children and the estranged husband?
Then it says she took the baby back home to her apartment and left again
Then it says she was last seen at home in, {the evening}, the bf went to bed and she was up on her phone
Then the next morning he gets up and she's gone?
And he ran for sheriff and doesn't seem to find any of this odd? And LE did NOT want him at the press conf to keep the controversy down?

I think she was @ Wal-mart w/kids in the afternoon, took 3 kids to their dad, oldest to grandma's, stopped by apartment, went to supper w/BF & 2year old, went back to home shared w/BF,child went to bed, BF went to bed & she was up on her phone.

Wednesday's search area seems somewhat random. What caused them to search that particular area? Pings? Connections to that area?

I was wondering the same thing when I saw where the intersection quoted in MSM fell on the map...maybe it's the family farm location? They need to search that farm and near the home, IMO.

I think she was @ Wal-mart w/kids in the afternoon, took 3 kids to their dad, oldest to grandma's, stopped by apartment, went to supper w/BF & 2year old, went back to home shared w/BF,child went to bed, BF went to bed & she was up on her phone.

Ok I guess I am confused too. The two year old is from the BF and then the next two are from he current estranged husband. No word on who the older two belong too. Maybe two different baby daddies there?

I agree with Steelman. I think she kind of ran free because even her own Mother wasn't alarmed until Granddaughter called her.

I think BF did what he said he did but she ran into trouble out on the road.

Either meeting up with somebody or...trouble.

MOO

From nancy grace show last night

http://edition.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1507/08/ng.01.html

GRACE: Live to Bardstown, Kentucky, where a mom of five, Crystal Rogers, maroon Chevy found on the side of the road with a flat tire. She*

has not been spotted alive since.*

(BEGIN VIDEO CLIP)

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: We`re just trying to find her.*

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: Crystal Rogers` car was found on the Bluegrass Parkway abandoned with a flat tire.*

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: Crystal, if you can hear our voice, we love you. We want to know where you`re at.*

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: Her purse was in there, her cell phone was in there, her keys was in the ignition.*

(END VIDEO CLIP)

GRACE: Joining me right now Scott Johnson from WVLK. Scott, she was at her home that evening, and she leaves at some point. We know she was*

talking on the phone, the cell phone, and she leaves, and her car is found at what time and what`s in the car?*

SCOTT JOHNSON, WVLK: In the car, we`re not sure exactly when it was found. She was last seen on Friday. The family reported her missing on*

Saturday. Or went to the police on Saturday, the 4th, to report her missing. The car was found with a flat tire and the keys were in the car.*

There was a cell phone, her purse, diaper bag in the car. There was gas in the car, police say. The only thing wrong was there was a flat tire.*

There were no other problems, but there was no Crystal.*

GRACE: Joining me now special guest, in addition to Scott Johnson, from WLVK. The father and mother of Crystal. Take a look at this maroon*

Chevy. Tommy and Sherry Ballard are with us. Thank you for being with us.*

TOMMY BALLARD, FATHER: You`re welcome.*

SHERRY BALLARD, MOTHER: You`re welcome.*

GRACE: First of all, our prayers are going up ever since we heard about her missing, and we are all hoping and praying for her return. I*

want to start with you, Ms. Ballard. When did you first learn she`s missing?*

S. BALLARD: Friday, her granddaughter contacted me and said she couldn`t get in touch with her. So I texted my daughter and just told her*

that her daughter was trying to get in touch with her and to call her. I think that was around 6:00 maybe. Around 9:30 maybe, Kylie texted me back*

and said she still hadn`t heard from her mother, so I started calling around to people that I think she would have talked to --*

GRACE: Was that abnormal? Was that unusual, Ms. Ballard, for her not to have texted back?*

S. BALLARD: Right at that moment, I didn`t pay real big attention. A little bit, not a lot, because the kids were -- her oldest daughter that*

lived there with her was at her grandmother`s. The two, the younger two was at their dad`s, and she just had the baby there at home. It was July*

4th weekend. I thought maybe she had plans and maybe didn`t get to her phone. But then when I started calling everybody and nobody had heard from*

her, that was sort of unusual.*

[20:40:00]

GRACE: When you say you started contacting everybody and no one had heard from her, who did you contact?*

S. BALLARD: I called my mother, because she`s real close with her. I called my younger daughter. I called my sister-in-law, Barbara, and I*

don`t remember if I -- I think that`s all I called. I called Sabrina, my niece.*

GRACE: And Ms. Ballard, with me is Tommy and Sherry Ballard. This is Crystal`s mom and dad. When did it hit you she`s missing?*

S. BALLARD: It really hit me Sunday. My daughter texted me back or called me and asked me, she said, have you heard from Crystal yet? I said*

no, I said, you haven`t heard from her? She said no. And so I called my mom back and other people, and they hadn`t heard from her. And I told my*

husband, I said, that`s just not right.*

GRACE: How often do you normally talk to her?*

S. BALLARD: During the week, at least probably every other day, if not every day because the kids, like her older daughter lives with me, so*

we`re constantly in contact. Not as much on the weekends.*

GRACE: And that is so true, Ms. Ballard. Even adult women very often call their mom and dad every day. You know, you`ve got grandchildren*

involved. You`ve got them checking on you, you checking on her. And most people are in touch with their family quite often.*

Mr. Ballard, to you also, thank you for being with us, what are police telling you tonight?*

T. BALLARD: Nothing. I mean, I understand they`re doing all they can. They don`t want to jeopardize nothing, but we really haven`t found*

out nothing. We`ve been out searching ourself since Sunday, since me and my son found her car.*

GRACE: Where are you searching?*

T. BALLARD: Where her car was. And they said she was seen at her boyfriend`s farm. We`re searching out towards that area, just every lead*

we get.*

GRACE: You know, hold on, I`m hearing in my ear that the sheriff is joining us right now. Sheriff Ed Mattingly with the Nelson County*

Sheriff`s Office is with us. Sheriff Mattingly, thank you for being with us. I know the Ballards have just come in physically from out searching*

for their daughter, and I don`t know what I would do other than exactly what they`re doing, go out and start searching. Interesting, Sheriff*

Mattingly, her car had a flat. I`m curious what caused the flat or was the flat -- was it a fake? Did she really pick up a nail or did somebody slash*

the tire to make it look that way?*

MATTINGLY: First appearance, we will be sending the tire to the lab, but it appears the nail was worn, as if it had been wedged down into the*

tire and driven on. The tracks at the scene also indicate that the car came to the side of the road, driving on the rim.*

GRACE: I`ve done that before, and it certainly leaves a mark. Well, Sheriff, you`ve answered my question. That`s enough to convince me she*

really did have a flat. That is not a contrived scene. What`s interesting, Sheriff Mattingly, I think this is true, our sources are*

telling us her keys, her cell phone, her diaper bag and her purse was in the car?*

MATTINGLY: Her personal belongings were in the car, but that doesn`t mean she was the person driving the car. We`ve used the media to generate*

tips, but when you do that, it also creates confusion.

(COMMERCIAL BREAK)

[20:48:00]

(BEGIN VIDEO CLIP)

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: We`re still waiting on you. We love you. We`re looking for you.*

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: They found her unlocked maroon Chevy Impala abandoned on the Bluegrass Parkway. Her tires were flat.*

(END VIDEO CLIP)
More at the link

http://www.hlntv.com/video/2015/07/09/crystal-rogers-boyfriend-brooks-houck-speaks-nancy-grace

Tonight on NG. Boyfriend speaks

“All of my efforts in searching for her have been done behind the scenes with the Nelson County Sheriff’s Office,” Brooks*Houck*told Grace Thursday.

So why are the parents saying that he has not helped in the searches. Hmmmm
Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

I kind of believe he is innocent. He didn't search because LE usually doesn't let boyfriends or significant others search. He came right out and took the poly and he didn't lawyer up. He ran for Sheriff so he has to know what's up.

I think he went to sleep and she took off and the rest is history.

MOO

I kind of believe he is innocent. He didn't search because LE usually doesn't let boyfriends or significant others search. He came right out and took the poly and he didn't lawyer up. He ran for Sheriff so he has to know what's up.

I think he went to sleep and she took off and the rest is history.

MOO
I'm on the fence on this one. Glad he is making a public appearance though!

On NG now

I will post the transcript part for her here as soon as available

Is it just me or does it seem like NG is interrogating the BF? She even asked if Crystal is the one who cooked cooked dinner the last night she was seen.

From NG
BF says she sometimes goes to her cousin Stacey's home when they are having problems and will sometimes stay there for a day but did not mention anything about any fighting or disagreement that went on Friday night. Around midnight he went to bed. She was still up playing games on her phone and their child was still up running around. When he woke up the next morning she was not there. They did have plans for the 4th and he went on to go without her.

Also said that Crystal had shown a rental property earlier that day. Not sure if this has been mentioned.

Nancy asked if when found car if looks like seat had been moved from Crystal's seat position (VERY good question!). Her father said they (Crystal's brother was with him)did not get in the car and see. Did not want to compromise anything.

Crystal's poor parents were trying so hard to not break down. I feel so horribly for them and her family. I can't imagine.......

Did anyone look up where that campground is? It's along the Scioto River, between Portsmouth and Chillicothe.....does anyone see where I'm going with this?

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

So inconclusive poly, is the boyf going to take another?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johandev