KY KY - Crystal Rogers, 35, Bluegrass Parkway, 3 July 2015 #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't have a link yet but the 6:00 news tonight on tv said that the boyfriend, Brooks Houck has agreed to take a lie detector test. They also said that he has not asked for a lawyer yet.

I don't have a link yet but the 6:00 news tonight on tv said that the boyfriend, Brooks Houck has agreed to take a lie detector test. They also said that he has not asked for a lawyer yet.

Well that's a good thing unless he suddenly vanishes lol.
Seen it happen many times sadly.
I'm not saying he's involved but he is the last one to see her.

That should be about right. She was found somewhere b/w Bardstown and E-town (but still in Nelson County).

I didn't really know Crystal that well, but I looked her up in my yearbook and recognized her. She was a grade behind me at NCHS.

Her family seems to think that her boyfriend (who reported her missing) could have something to do with it. He's named in the story but is noted to be "extremely cooperative" with the investigation.

Family, police searching for missing woman; family offers $25,000 reward
Nelson County Gazette 7/6/2015
Bardstown, KY
Also From the article:

Sherry Ballard said she reported Rogers missing Sunday after she spoke to Houck, who did not accompany her to file the report.

Houck did not attend the press conference, but told Mattingly he wanted to. “He was willing to come but I did not want to have any controversy in this office,” he said.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

From your link:
"Several family members said Rogers told them that if she ever turned up missing to look at Houck as a possible suspect."

Looks like the boyfriend/common-law husband ran for sheriff recently, if you look at Crystal's FB cover photo folder.

Just as an aside, KY does not recognize common law marriages, so they are just boyfriend and girlfriend under the law.

It is very sad and I know they have to be thinking about that constantly. I remember when his sister went missing. She was 7 months pregnant and was murdered by her husband and a friend of his. Her purse and keys were left in her car too. The car was dumped in the Ohio River. It took them 3 years to find her.

It is very sad and I know they have to be thinking about that constantly. I remember when his sister went missing. She was 7 months pregnant and was murdered by her husband and a friend of his. Her purse and keys were left in her car too. The car was dumped in the Ohio River. It took them 3 years to find her.

What?!

I really, really hope Crystal is found safe and that someone didn't copy-cat a crime using details that would be especially painful for the family to relive.

Oh how horrible! :(

Surely someone had to have seen someone near Crystal's car when driving by and just have not heard of the case yet to report it.

Apparently (from the article linked below) she is still legally married to her husband, Keith Rogers. Legal question: In Kentucky, if a woman gets pregnant while she is legally married does the baby legally belong her her husband?

http://www.kystandard.com/content/missing-woman-last-known-have-been-boyfriend

There is a presumption under KY law that the child of a married woman is the child of her husband, but it is rebuttable with proof beyond a reasonable doubt that the husband is not the child's father. So a DNA test, or proof that they hadn't been intimate for 10 months, would suffice IMO.

KRS 406.011 A child born during lawful wedlock,
or within ten (10) months thereafter, is presumed to be the child of the husband and wife.
http://www.lrc.ky.gov/statutes/statute.aspx?id=17610

KRS 406.111 If the court finds that the conclusions of all the experts, as disclosed by the evidence
based upon the tests, are that the alleged father is not the father of the child, the question
of paternity shall be resolved accordingly. . . . This
presumption shall only be rebutted by a preponderance of the evidence.

This is sad:

"Roby said after the press conference this is the second time the family has been involved in a missing person case, and the memory of the first one is making this one harder.

In 1979, Tommy Ballard’s sister, Sherry Ballard Barnes, went missing and was later found murdered."

http://www.kystandard.com/content/missing-woman-last-known-have-been-boyfriend

Here's an old newspaper article...looks like she left home to get her car repaired and a week later the vehicle was found with the purse inside submerged in the OH river. Her estranged husband plead guilty and was given a life sentence. https://news.google.com/newspapers?...AIBAJ&sjid=S20FAAAAIBAJ&pg=4125,1045002&hl=en

This poor family. :(

There is a presumption under KY law that the child of a married woman is the child of her husband, but it is rebuttable with proof beyond a reasonable doubt that the husband is not the child's father. So a DNA test, or proof that they hadn't been intimate for 10 months, would suffice IMO.

http://www.lrc.ky.gov/statutes/statute.aspx?id=17610

Thanks for your response. I was thinking about this case that I am linking below. I guess the law has been changed now. http://www.wave3.com/story/9797897/father-continues-fight-for-parental-rights

Hoping the condition of the tire can provide information on how it came to be flat. Example - did it flatten due to hitting something in the road, nail, sliced ?
Is that road fairly busy? Amy cameras? If so , like the other poster said , chances are someone saw a car stop at hers. I feel she had to know or trust the person who stopped to "help". Could the flat been planned ahead of time and the person who did it followed her?

The other scenario is someone random took advantage of the situatilon and confronted her with a weapon to make her get out of the car. I say a weapon because I would think that unless she was going to change the tire on her own and was out of the car, she would be sitting with all doors /windows locked until help arrived - police or auto service. I have female friends who can change a tire but I myself would call road service.

Hoping the condition of the tire can provide information on how it came to be flat. Example - did it flatten due to hitting something in the road, nail, sliced ?
Is that road fairly busy? Amy cameras? If so , like the other poster said , chances are someone saw a car stop at hers. I feel she had to know or trust the person who stopped to "help". Could the flat been planned ahead of time and the person who did it followed her?

The other scenario is someone random took advantage of the situatilon and confronted her with a weapon to make her get out of the car. I say a weapon because I would think that unless she was going to change the tire on her own and was out of the car, she would be sitting with all doors /windows locked until help arrived - police or auto service. I have female friends who can change a tire but I myself would call road service.

The scenario I think of is that she was never on the Bluegrass Parkway and the car was put there by someone else.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member